Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Delicieuxz

Cipher
If you get more copies (i have like 2 or something for my pledge) it should be no harm?
And keep in mind that it says DRM free copies so they'd better be both on GOG or something that's not Steam.
How come? I'm sure they will have a GoG version available, but DRM-free is DRM-free - and Steam delivers countless DRM-free games.

http://af.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_drmfree_games_on_steam/page1?as=1649904300

"To clarify: There isn't any Steam DRM in the ArtRage 4 build for Steam, you can run it directly from a shortcut if you create one (Steam does not need to be running). - Art Rage 4 dev

Even Skyrim was DRM-free on launch, until Bethesda patched the exe.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
less talking about retarded upside down country, more talking about how well the quests are constructed and how varied and diverse are the solutions and their consequences.

Heaps of simple binary choices or is there anything more to it all?

According to sea, and this regarding the 20% of the game they made available, there is little to no consequences besides a few key sequences, also reactivity... not so much. but apparently all that will be patched in. +M

Whats even the point of showing characters zoomed that much close?

Exactly. You get judged on what you show. Don't come with invalid cries like "oh but you never see them upclose in game view!". They used low-res characters and chose to shove it in our eyes. And it looks like shit. Don't be surprised when people aren't such fans of that.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
how do you
save that stupid ass drowning kid? can't just jump in and get him out, which sucks

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
You can brute force over either of the totems, or if you don't have brute force, use a shovel to dig out the base and topple it. Be careful which totem you topple though.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Here is my Wasteland 2 camera video.

For the record, when the camera jerks up, that is not lag, that equates to one position up or down on the scroll wheel.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
What ISP is that?
In fact are there any that don't block it in Netherlands? Must know, because you know.
Ziggo. Ziggo and a few others (KPN too, off the top of my head) got a court order to block the pirate bay some time last year.

But as Infinitron pointed out to me, now that the pirate bay is sailing around it doesn't really matter. Hell, it hardly did before, since there's like five dozen pirate proxy sites.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I don't get how that's worse than NWN2?

As far as controls and UI goes, everything so far is like the very exact things I do not like

Right-click based
Camera controlled by hotkeys (and lots of them too ... Q, E, W,A, S, D and mousewheel up and mousewheel down (LMAO) - you can't tell me that that isn't clunky.
list-based everything

The original dialogue screen from the very first WL2 video was a lot better than the current one.

Graphics are fine but some more graphics options would be nice - ie being able to completely disable bloom, depth of field and all other 'tricks' that you're using.
The mouse feel is definitely a bit clunky, definitely worse than E:C and SRR. Not a huge deal but I don't understand how it's so hard to (at the very worst) mimic the desktop cursor movement without any lag.

Atmosphere and music is bang on. Writing and voice over work is good too. Haven't got too far as I've been busy tonight but I'll keep playing. The camera is so frustrating though. I cannot fathom WHY inXile changed their camera design. Someone get hit over the head with a hammer?

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
And then there are bugs like turning the game upside down if you try to change settings while on the world map.
I did that during testing earlier, but I wasn't sure exactly what caused it, thought it was just "random." :)
Well i have not played for as long as you so its possible that it can happen at other times. But so far i have only been able to repeat it (a few times) when trying to change settings.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I only asked about the camera since you said it was worse than NWN2 and I disagree. I only used the middle button to rotate and zoom and of course edge of the screen to scroll and it felt much better than NWN2 to me. Not great of course, but still better.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
... looks like the game broke... ALL my saved files T.T oh well...

Edit: Beta going to beta :P

Sensuki

Arcane
It's not. It's mildly annoying, that's it.

I cannot fathom the reason for choosing a key based camera control scheme. Most games have it so that the camera can be used by a console control stick. Why would you advertise a top down game and then go oh wait a sec guys, let's make the camera key based! What a good idea! People are going to enjoy it more that way !

NWN2 likely had it because you could control a character from a very close FOV ... or because the designers of that horrible game made just as terrible decisions as the one made here.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wasteland 2 is NOT one mouse button friendly. Now you all see the consequences of that, for good and for ill. :M

Seriously though just use the middle mouse button.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom