Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Wayward Realms - upcoming Daggerfall-like RPG from original Elder Scrolls developers - Kickstarter Live

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This would blow up like 10 years ago, thankfully some people have wised up to kickstarter lol.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Judging by their stretch goals they do seem to have expected more, but raising 600k is nothing to scoff at.

I'm really interested to see how these guys do, and although my expectations are extremely low, I'll be pleasantly surprised if they are successful.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Can't expect too high in times of inflation, shrinkflation, and nasty cost of living expenses. Maybe some people just say fuck it and toss everything they can but others hold back and people have been burned bad by crowdfunding. They'll hold off to buy the end result if possible.

Dobkeratops

Literate
Pretty good for such a dubious project. I hope they can channel some of that oldBethesda retard energy, or failing that at least crash and burn entertainingly. Though I have to say it's already been a top notch trainwreck so far.

ADL

Prophet
$702,960 total
Far too much for what little they've actually shown and how they conducted themselves throughout the campaign. If they manage to cobble that early access release together, great. I don't even care if the full game releases. The 140sqkm island would be enough for me to enjoy.

Gargaune

Arcane
$702,960 total
Far too much for what little they've actually shown and how they conducted themselves throughout the campaign. If they manage to cobble that early access release together, great. I don't even care if the full game releases. The 140sqkm island would be enough for me to enjoy.
>> "I'm not confident in what they've shown, I think they got more support than warranted"
>> "I'll be happy having paid for whatever half-arsed garbage they throw my way"

Why are you like this?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
$702,960 total
>> "I'm not confident in what they've shown, I think they got more support than warranted"
>> "I'll be happy having paid for whatever half-arsed garbage they throw my way"

Why are you like this?
Star Citizens are an elite breed.

ADL

Prophet
There's a big difference between paying for a prototype to be developed when I doubt it'll ever exist and buying the early access title (which comes with a refund policy). The early access build is the pitch they're taking to the publishers to get millions in funding. It's the longest of long shots.

If it ever exists, I'll give it a playthrough and frankly I don't care if anything past the early access build ever comes out. 140km landmass is huge.
Sad that they didn't reach any of their stretch goals, but I'm keeping an eye out for this game in any case.
Aren't the stretch goals coming regardless of reaching them or not? I was under the impression multiplayer was guaranteed, the stretch goal was just going to accelerate development on it so it'd be in for early access.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
$702,960 total

What are the odds of them running off with the money and blowing it on coke and hookers?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom