Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Wayward Realms - upcoming Daggerfall-like RPG from original Elder Scrolls developers

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
So I guess we can now all agree that this will turn up to be a big nothing?

Butter

Arcane
Patron

It's a whole steaming pile of gay entertaintment.

Zoomers are stoked about it! Having never actually played anything before Skyrimjob.
I really doubt zoomers would be excited about a daggerfall clone
I have memories of Millennials acting excited about the Infinity Engine games that they had never played, and transferring that excitement onto Project Eternity.

Harthwain

Magister
I have memories of Millennials acting excited about the Infinity Engine games that they had never played, and transferring that excitement onto Project Eternity.
Interesting, because I do know Millennials who played Infinity Engine games. It would be hard for them not to, considering most of them are RPG classics and were popular back in the day for anyone looking for an RPG to play.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Interesting, because I do know Millennials who played Infinity Engine games. It would be hard for them not to, considering most of them are RPG classics and were popular back in the day for anyone looking for an RPG to play.
Depends on the age. Early Millennials yes. Later Millennials would not have been playing IE games at the time. They were primarily console gamers, and RPG meant Final Fantasy to them.

grimace

Arcane

Zoomers are stoked about it! Having never actually played anything before Skyrimjob.

Who funded the kickstarter?
Who populates the Discord?
Who volunteers on the dev team?

There are 67 pages pointing and laughing at the young people in the OnceLost videos.

There was an entire video showing zoomers dying in the tutorial dungeon of Daggerfall on the OnceLost YouTube.

https://youtu.be/7QPRfEiI2oA?t=411

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Who funded the kickstarter?
Who populates the Discord?
Who volunteers on the dev team?

There are 67 pages pointing and laughing at the young people in the OnceLost videos.

There was an entire video showing zoomers dying in the tutorial dungeon of Daggerfall on the OnceLost YouTube.

https://youtu.be/7QPRfEiI2oA?t=411
To be fair, that skeleton and those imps (there's two of them, one hidden, the other near the dungeon exit area) can both kill a character lacking in combat skills.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I think Uncle Ted Peterson will pull this one off. What will be pulled out of his magical hat remains to be seen. But this is 1000× more organized than any indie attempt at resurrection of classic RPGs magic that can be found in Codex's own Workshop subforum. They have organized themselves. Into what: band of clowns or RPG Dev studio - that remains to be seen

If they succeed at producing Daggerfall 2 with very liberal but NOT WOKE ethos and esthetics, kudos to them. Daggerfall's execution stopped where technology stopped back in 1996. That wasn't the limit of its ambition. I hope they explore Daggerfall's ambitions in full. If they fail, someone else will succeed. Only one thing is certain: that someone won't be named Bethesda

Last edited:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Also I gotta say: Ted > Todd. Ted is at least good writer. We might even find out he's a decent producer and organizer, now that some money is in the bank

Starner

Novice
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Listen guys it's fine. In about ten or so years Ted will become a frequent shitposter on the forums, he'll claim the game is releasing "soon", and then after another 10 years we'll get the actual release! It will even have a manual the size of a phonebook!!!!

:troll:

Last edited:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Todd has a certain charisma and is willing to engage in dialogue.
He does know what the AAA game industry is all about these days, which is making money and sticking to the formula which brings the most money...
Not many risk takers left.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's been quiet on the Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CouncilOfWisdom/new/?feedViewType=compactView

Any insiders in the Discord with a status report?

star-trek-dr-bones.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom