Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Wayward Realms - upcoming Daggerfall-like RPG from original Elder Scrolls developers

Old Hans

Arcane
development for this game reminds me of all the various overly ambitious amateur modding projects ive come across over the years

grimace

Arcane
Are there no defenders of Wayward Realms to report the good news of OnceLost Development progress?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Saw one of their promo vid, seems like the things they want to achieve are unrealistic.

At best it's going to be Daggerfall with 3d graphics. At worse, a scummy vertical slice.
There's Daggerfall Unity for those who want to scratch that early Elder Scrolls itch.
It will be way inferior to Unity, I'll wager.
Kickstarter projects are a risky proposition, especially if they are made by devs who are looking to relive the glory of the old days.
Some indie kickstarters successfully materialize however.

Yoomazir

Educated
Are there no defenders of Wayward Realms to report the good news of OnceLost Development progress?
Don't let your dreams be dreams, you can be the very first to JUST DO IT! Be the Defender you've always wanted to be!

Lemming42

Arcane
Can't they just make it with DF Unity style graphics? It'd save a ton of time and money to go with sprites over 3D models, and it'd fit right in with the "boomer shooter" trend bullshit that's been going on the last few years.

I want this project to work but I'm now on Team "They've Fucked This Up, They're Absconding With The Money".

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Can't they just make it with DF Unity style graphics? It'd save a ton of time and money to go with sprites over 3D models, and it'd fit right in with the "boomer shooter" trend bullshit that's been going on the last few years.

I want this project to work but I'm now on Team "They've Fucked This Up, They're Absconding With The Money".
Hear, hear...
Also, correct me if I am wrong, but I haven't really seen much attention given to this game and its development...
Right now, I almost barely see it mentioned anywhere, maybe just because I do not read gaming publications or watch many YT videos?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Has there been any news post-kickstarter outside of that chart of who's getting the money?

gooseman

Educated
Is it just me or do all their videos look like the game is running at 10 fps? And the fucking blur. Just fucking stop.
Oh yeah, the videos are 24fps
Dungeon stuff are the only parts that really look like a shitty asset flip, everything else is alright.

grimace

Arcane
Don't let your dreams be dreams, you can be the very first to JUST DO IT! Be the Defender you've always wanted to be!

I don't have a discord account.

I've argued this same point.

I fear that the young unpaid interns and volunteer staff have no experience in the old ways. To the young inexperienced staff members sprites are more difficult than asset store 3D models.

Is it just me or do all their videos look like the game is running at 10 fps? And the fucking blur. Just fucking stop.

There will be no code optizimation as there is no one working on this game that has experience with writing code and optimizing it.

A lot of Ted Petersen blogposting about nothing.

All Ted has done is create a weird sexual charged fan fiction userbase in private discord chats.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

I don't have a discord account.

I've argued this same point.

I fear that the young unpaid interns and volunteer staff have no experience in the old ways. To the young inexperienced staff members sprites are more difficult than asset store 3D models.

There will be no code optizimation as there is no one working on this game that has experience with writing code and optimizing it.

A lot of Ted Petersen blogposting about nothing.

All Ted has done is create a weird sexual charged fan fiction userbase in private discord chats.
Fan fiction about what?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Sit down with members of the development team behind The Wayward Realms, including Ted Peterson. We went LIVE Sep. 24th 2024 to answer the community's most burning questions about our upcoming game. Sit down with members of the development team behind The Wayward Realms, including Ted Peterson. We went LIVE Sep. 24th 2024 to answer the community's most burning questions about our upcoming game.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So there has been a timeline posted to the kickstarter, but it was super blurry and unreadable so I had google search the image :/

Lemming42

Arcane
Take a seat on MISSING MESH and order a nice mug of [Placeholder Item].

At least the orc cocks will be fully and lovingly modelled with real foreskin retractability physics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom