Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 1 Thread

Texas Red

Whiner
dragonfk said:
Damn, where the fuck did hamster go? Have they lost electricity in these frozen lands or what? Hamster god dammit post your impressions!

The days of yore where you had -40 degrees by Celsius in Moscow are long gone, my friend.

dragonfk

Erudite
JarlFrank said:
dragonfk said:
Damn, where the fuck did hamster go? Have they lost electricity in these frozen lands or what? Hamster god dammit post your impressions!

He's hooked with the game I suppose.

I'll bet he's just cant stop collecting the cards from you-know-which-minigame :D .

dragonfk

Erudite
The Walkin' Dude said:
dragonfk said:

The days of yore where you had -40 degrees by Celsius in Moscow are long gone, my friend.

I suppose I heard something about a thaw in Russia, but I thought it has ended with coming comrade Putin. :o

Texas Red

Whiner
I reckon the ladies would especially like this game. I mean hell, we men got to jack off to Buffy but now its the turn of women. Not being a fag, I can say that Geralt is not unpleasant to look at. The dildo industry rejoices.

dragonfk

Erudite
The Walkin' Dude said:
I reckon the ladies would especially like this game. I mean hell, we men got to jack off to Buffy but now its the turn of women. Not being a fag, I can say that Geralt is not unpleasant to look at. The dildo industry rejoices.

Pitty they havent included a dildo in Collectioners Edition. Sword-like dildo... <--with three fighting styles: fast, strong, group :D

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You have some strange theories about women, TWD.

I have little hope for the Twitcher. I hope you can at least chose not do have to do those disgusting sexual scenes. I liked Ultima 7 - SI for it. It was mature, but they didn't force it upon you, even with Frigidazzi you could still resist.

dagorkan

Arbiter
Jasede won't buy the game because he's afraid of getting raped.

What about the "Princess" monster-thing we saw in the trailers? Any way to use your seduction skill on her?

dragonfk

Erudite
dagorkan said:
Jasede won't buy the game because he's afraid of getting raped.

What about the "Princess" monster-thing we saw in the trailers? Any way to use your seduction skill on her?

There will be no such quest in the game. Princess monster-thing is just in the intro and it illustrates one of the stories written by Sapkowski, in fact it's the first story which introduces Geralt(he wasnt a legend back then).

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
I am now playing through prologue/tutorial - lots of combat and cut scenes and no roleplaying in sight yet. I hope its just for tutorial...

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Jasede said:

Actually, he might be on the mark. The sexual revolution was a feminist idea, remember? So is the current sexual promiscuity of our society pushed by women (but blamed on men, as usual).

The more masculine societies are usually the ones with the most restrictive stances regarding sex. Fuck, just look at Islam.

This doesn't mean women enjoy sex more then men (they don't), but it's one of their chief forms of control and manipulation is the bread and butter of their existence.

Just look at how popular Bioware is among females (and feminized faggots) since they have implemented romances. Coincidence? I think not.

I doubt the Whitcher will ever take off in that sense though, it depends on how large of a role women have in the game (and my guess is very little other then as sexual objects), but you never know. With all this talk about 'current issues' such as racism and minority terrorist groups there might be enough liberal shit thrown in there to make it happen. Trust not the eurococks.

Oarfish

Prophet
The more masculine societies are usually the ones with the most restrictive stances regarding sex. Fuck, just look at Islam.

Er.. that's because they are fucking little boys and subservient men in the arse. Why do you think the favourite holiday destination of Victorian european homosexuals was Cairo? Afghan warlords pretty much openly flaunt their pretty young boys with kohl rimmed eyes today.

And lets not even start with T.E. Lawrence, Ernst Rohm or the nature of the Engliish boarding school.

I just love me my feminisation, much more fun than prison butsecs and pederasty.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Oarfish said:
Er.. that's because they are fucking little boys and subservient men in the arse.

Yes, Islam seems to be full of contradictions doesn't it?:

173389945_b67b70bb0a.jpg

From my part i'm not keen to their brand of extremism. A good society is one that keeps
a balance between masculine and feminine qualities without swinging too much on one side or another, and i'd rather have this:

dickseeromeo.jpg

Then either of those:

romeo.jpg

Burka-a7.jpg

Too much to ask?

Rulion

Liturgist
I'm still waiting to get this game, but in the meantime, has everyone seen this video? It may have been posted before, but it's new to me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7q7ZWStb0w

Answers a couple questions regarding the quality of voice-overs and the multiple ways one can handle a quest. Something I found particularly interesting was the way that the whore waited until the guard patrol left before doing what the Witcher wanted.

That sex card explanation was pretty awkward.

a_nevels666

Novice
Rulion said:
I'm still waiting to get this game, but in the meantime, has everyone seen this video? It may have been posted before, but it's new to me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7q7ZWStb0w

Answers a couple questions regarding the quality of voice-overs and the multiple ways one can handle a quest. Something I found particularly interesting was the way that the whore waited until the guard patrol left before doing what the Witcher wanted.

That sex card explanation was pretty awkward.

I liked that video. Even though it's from 2006 I think.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Complaints I've heard of the game so far are that Vista users are having performance issues (especially x64 users), graphics are a tad dated, whining over combat and facial animations, "it's not as big as Oblivion", tutorial is shit and "it sucks you can't jump". Oh and that the "combat system is frustrating at times", but as long as it's no worse than Gothic 2 I'll live.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
The game is the real shit. I didn't feel anything like this in ages.

I would say that if you had some pleasure (even minimal) playing NWN2 (it's the closest-but-not-the-best-one to compare) go get the game NOW - you will piss your pants.

EDIT: don't you fuckin' dare to play the game without 2GB of RAM.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well my 2gb Ram is happy to hear that.

If i am lucky my local shop will have it on the shelves one day earlier like they often have.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Lyric Suite said:
Jasede said:

Actually, he might be on the mark.

Oh... I forgot that it was a feminist idea. You see, from my sheltered and naive perspective I always just assumed that women see sex as something romantic and precious, and attach meaning to it, to elevate it from a mere act of procreation to one that expresses their affection to their chosen loved one - while my current experiences and what I read and perceive paints your average Joe in a different light- someone who just wants to have sex with as many women as possible, though I am not saying I don't know of women using, nay, abusing their sexuality as a tool. I haven't heard of men sleeping up the career ladder yet, after all. That mostly romantic impression I have doesn't fit together with that "revolution", so I'll just call the current state a corruption of a once-healthy, or once-healthier society.

Now, I am not crazy- but I just think things were a lot better when people actually frowned at couples making out in public, when people were not primarily seen as a sexual object of desire and then as a person, or maybe this is just a false sense of "things were better in the past", though from the many books from older times in Germany I have read, I must say that I like the protocol, the etiquette and the way one treated partnership, love and especially friendship, male to male and male to female in the past quite, quite a lot more than the current society's.

Thus, I'll certainly say that I'd much rather have a society with more restraint, courtousy and a certain level of.... class. Because we're human, after all, and shouldn't behave and mate like beasts, or else we might as well hop back on the trees and look for bananas.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Jasede said:
Lyric Suite said:
Jasede said:

Actually, he might be on the mark.

Oh... I forgot that it was a feminist idea. You see, from my sheltered and naive perspective I always just assumed that women see sex as something romantic and precious, and attach meaning to it, to elevate it from a mere act of procreation to one that expresses their affection to their chosen loved one - while my current experiences and what I read and perceive paints your average Joe in a different light- someone who just wants to have sex with as many women as possible, though I am not saying I don't know of women using, nay, abusing their sexuality as a tool. I haven't heard of men sleeping up the career ladder yet, after all. That mostly romantic impression I have doesn't fit together with that "revolution", so I'll just call the current state a corruption of a once-healthy, or once-healthier society.

Now, I am not crazy- but I just think things were a lot better when people actually frowned at couples making out in public, when people were not primarily seen as a sexual object of desire and then as a person, or maybe this is just a false sense of "things were better in the past", though from the many books from older times in Germany I have read, I must say that I like the protocol, the etiquette and the way one treated partnership, love and especially friendship, male to male and male to female in the past quite, quite a lot more than the current society's.

Thus, I'll certainly say that I'd much rather have a society with more restraint, courtousy and a certain level of.... class. Because we're human, after all, and shouldn't behave and mate like beasts, or else we might as well hop back on the trees and look for bananas.

Nothing wrong with that sentiment, but Geralt seems more like a sailor that's just come into port than the sensitive new age male. Moving around a lot tends to have that sort of affect.

Secondly meaningful sex has an emotional connection, i haven't read the book, but the character seems slightly sociopathic, the cliche of gratuitous monkey sex with a more laboured relationship thrown into the mix seems appropos.

Texas Red

Whiner
Why exactly do you need 2 GB of ram??? Does the game lagg horribly or is it the loading times? Does it run better or worse than NWN 2?

Whirler

Novice
The Walkin' Dude said:
Why exactly do you need 2 GB of ram??? Does the game lagg horribly or is it the loading times? Does it run better or worse than NWN 2?

There are no lags, additional 1gb is welcome mostly because of quite long loading times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom