Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition

odrzut

Arcane
Well the whole point of peasants is that they should be wearing shitty, boring and cheap clothing that isn't designed by elven Armani and D&G.

Cheap does not mean brown. Cloths were more durable and more cared for in middle ages, because there were no factories, so cloths were more expansive. So when you bought cloths, you made sure it's nice and solid, because you will be wearing it for next 10 years, repair it a few times, etc.

Buying cloths then were more like buying a car today.

Look at this. http://www.gnosis.art.pl/iluminatornia/omnibus/bracia_Limbourg_czerwiec.htm

Or this: http://www.stankiewicz.e.pl/index.php?kat=10&sub=64 (Chłopi means peasants, Włościanie means rich peasants, Żydzi means Judes).

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
I wonder why they made w2 only on xbox and not on ps3 also ?

Achilles

Arcane
I don't think that Microsoft gives a shit about the Witcher or anything else outside the US and UK. CDP probably had the resources to only port one version and they went for the bigger audience first. If W2 360 proves successful, I'm sure they'll port it to the PS3 next.

SubBassman

Teleport Games
Developer
Hi guys
Could anybody help me with the kayran combat please? :)
PM me, thanks in advance

attackfighter

Magister
Took me awhile to beat the Kayran without a tutorial. Didn't know what to do after the flying around on it's tentacle part.

MapMan

Arcane
I have no idea how can someone get confused by the kayran boss. If you cant understand how to kill a simple fucking boss, no wonder we're in constant decline here. This clearly shows how people are accustomed to hand holding all the time. If something isn't shoved in your face, you won't get it. This is why we can't have nice things.

attackfighter

Magister
I have no idea how can someone get confused by the kayran boss. If you cant understand how to kill a simple fucking boss, no wonder we're in constant decline here. This clearly shows how people are accustomed to hand holding all the time. If something isn't shoved in your face, you won't get it. This is why we can't have nice things.

:thumbsup:

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I didn't have much difficulty, but I can see how someone unused to modern action games might. It's a really stupidly designed fight that's far more railroaded than iit tries to look, which is confusing.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
English-only? Bah, good I have my TW2 near my pc at all times. :smug:

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
It's almost here. :bounce: Bracing for another massive fuckup with the downloading.

Fuck you, that's exactly what happened!
http://af.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/installer_corrupt/page1?as=1649904300

PATCH IS INSTALLING!

Here's exactly what I did, for anyone still having trouble:

1. Went to http://en.thewitcher.com/ee_manual and downloaded Part 0, Part 1, Part 2
2. Moved them to the C:\Download folder (default location the installer uses)
3. Went down the page to "Enhanced Edition English Language Pack - 5 links" and downloaded 'Part 1'.
4. Moved 'Part 1' to C:\Download
5. Ran TW2EE_Patch.exe

I did not use the Launcher as it was messed up from the corruption issue, HOPEFULLY when this patch is installed that problem won't be present.

Couple of the preload files were apparently broken, but if you replace 3 of the listed files, patching should work. But I already fucked up my whole installation and think I have to download the whole game again.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Enhanced Edition seems kinda borked. I'm finding the controls really laggy compared to the previous version, visuals and performance have not been improved (despite what was previously suggested), and if anything it actually runs worse for me - huge slowdown when I meditate for instance, becomes almost unusable. There is new content I tried (loaded my endgame save and got a nice slideshow showing the consequences of my actions), but I really think something about this version is messed up at the moment. That or CD Projekt just outright lied about the technical improvements, but I kind of have a hard time believing that. Considering all the corrupt install files people are mentioning, I'm inclined to think it's just screwed up somehow.

DraQ

Arcane
The problem is that there is nothing to understand in QTE. You just get prompts showed in your face without context or idea what will they do. After slicing the tentacles part which is kind of obvious according to derpy vidyagame logic and which is easily the best part of that battle because it relies on actual mechanics and movement rather than prompt spam, you're left in the dark.

There is no cohesive interface or mechanics, so you simply have no idea what the fuck you're doing or what the fuck is happening, other than flashing prompts and pressing keys you're told to press.

Worst. Thing. Ever.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So i did the start and the control's seem fine to me and i did notice some new content in the talk with Roche bro in the start.

made

Arcane
Downloadin now. Tears of joy are running down my face. Thank you so much CDPR!

1224314823277_2.jpg

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
:rage:

The game crashes at the start... Apparently some files got corrupted :x

What's worse, now I have to redownload the full thing from GOG because I removed the original installer. 15GB will take 2 days on my 'awesome' connection. :x

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I will wait a few days before dl-ing. They should iron most of the problems by then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom