Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

LanciaArdita

Literate
That's accurate to the source material where every single man that's not in Geralt's crew is stupid or evil and women are always much more capable at every single thing.

Wonder if that's the case all the way from it's conception or is it a more conscious decision made once the author realized he would achieve mainstream success among Western audiences?

Were the Last Wish and Sword of Destiny also analogous to a pamphlet written by feminist witchcraft practitioners?

9ted6

Educated
That's accurate to the source material where every single man that's not in Geralt's crew is stupid or evil and women are always much more capable at every single thing.

Wonder if that's the case all the way from it's conception or is it a more conscious decision made once the author realized he would achieve mainstream success among Western audiences?

Were the Last Wish and Sword of Destiny also analogous to a pamphlet written by feminist witchcraft practitioners?
I don't know much about him but alot of the fanbase seems to think he's a serious feminist. He started writing the books before wokeness became the big moneymaker but then again feminism sold big even back then.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
The author has completed all the books well before he realized he would achieve mainstream success among Western audiences. His works were only ever fully translated to English after the success of the first Witcher game.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
the source material where every single man that's not in Geralt's crew is stupid or evil
Plenty of examples that contradict this. Sigismund Dijkstra. Esterad Thyssen. Dorregaray and some other sorcerers. Foltest and some of his courtiers. Vysogota of Corvo. Esterchasy of Fano. Hell, even Emhyr, in his own way.
Menno Coehoorn. Crach an Craite. Jarre of Ellander (in his later years). Borch Three Jackdawes (although he can be considered a member of Geralt's crew in one short story).

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I don't know much about him but alot of the fanbase seems to think he's a serious feminist. He started writing the books before wokeness became the big moneymaker but then again feminism sold big even back then.
The same author whose self-insert fucks all the hot bitches who use magical de-aging balms to look ever youthful? Muh big femynysm.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
the source material where every single man that's not in Geralt's crew is stupid or evil
Plenty of examples that contradict this. Sigismund Dijkstra. Esterad Thyssen. Dorregaray and some other sorcerers. Foltest and some of his courtiers. Vysogota of Corvo. Esterchasy of Fano. Hell, even Emhyr, in his own way.
Menno Coehoorn. Crach an Craite. Jarre of Ellander (in his later years). Borch Three Jackdawes (although he can be considered a member of Geralt's crew in one short story).
Well, you could argue that the latter three are part of the extended witcher crew. Good catch on Marshall Coehoorn tho.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The same author whose self-insert fucks all the hot bitches who use magical de-aging balms to look ever youthful? Muh big femynysm.
Also the main dude got so mad about cold food he went and banged the barmaid lmao.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Well, you could argue that the latter three are part of the extended witcher crew. Good catch on Marshall Coehoorn tho.
Crach met Geralt once I think? At the Calanthe's party in Cintra, when Duny came for Pavetta. And Jarre interacted a lot with Ciri, but I don't remember his single conversation with Geralt.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Plenty of examples that contradict this. Sigismund Dijkstra. Esterad Thyssen. Dorregaray and some other sorcerers. Foltest and some of his courtiers. Vysogota of Corvo. Esterkhasy of Fano. Hell, even Emhyr, in his own way.
Bonhart was the kindest and most moral person in these books

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Started playing this again after 5 years Next gen version is nice as I dont have to install the graphic mods they included also removing the retarted hp bloat skull enemies had is nice just beat lvl 23 leshen while being lvl 7.

You can probably go straight to skellige after doing white orchard and be all right Im gonna try doing Hearts of Stone dlc while doing Novigrad storyline at about lvl 15 will see how it goes.

screenshot-0370.png

screenshot-11915.png

screenshot-13832.png

screenshot-45458.png

Cologno

Educated
For whatever reason the Next-Gen DX11 version ran worse for me than 1.31 modded (forget DX12 and RT, maybe some day) with most of the mods CDPR themselves ncorporated, so I went with that the last playthrough. Close enough, still nice to look at.

Ryzer

Arcane
Started playing this again after 5 years Next gen version is nice as I dont have to install the graphic mods they included also removing the retarted hp bloat skull enemies had is nice just beat lvl 23 leshen while being lvl 7.

You can probably go straight to skellige after doing white orchard and be all right Im gonna try doing Hearts of Stone dlc while doing Novigrad storyline at about lvl 15 will see how it goes.

screenshot-0370.png

screenshot-11915.png

screenshot-13832.png

screenshot-45458.png
Don't forget to complete the 200 question marks in the map, adventurer!

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Crach met Geralt once I think? At the Calanthe's party in Cintra, when Duny came for Pavetta. And Jarre interacted a lot with Ciri, but I don't remember his single conversation with Geralt.
That's why I said "extended". Crach is supporting Yennefer's attempts and finding Ciri, and Jarre is Ciri's friend.

Ryzer

Arcane
That's why I said "extended". Crach is supporting Yennefer's attempts and finding Ciri, and Jarre is Ciri's friend.
It looks as much thrilling as a season of TV-reality.

LanciaArdita

Literate
The author has completed all the books well before he realized he would achieve mainstream success among Western audiences. His works were only ever fully translated to English after the success of the first Witcher game.
Yeah but a prequel was released in 2013, a good 5-6 years after the Hachette publications.

I would not be surprised if, by pure coincidence of course, some politically progressive retcon magic occured there.

I did not like btw how they handled the church of the holy fire questline in the third game, also even if you did side with Radovid and the witch hunters, by the end it would have left a very bitter taste in your mouth and after remunerating you Radovid would basically tell you "fuck off you weevil arsed freak".

I assume the books have the exact same stance on denouncing Rhabdophobia, basically. With Rhabdophobia being a potential metaphor for...

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Sir, this is a video game discussion thread.

I, for one, can confirm that in Witcher 2 & 3 the overwhelming majority of male characters are some combination of hideous, old, moronic, or malevolent. Almost all female characters look like beauty queens with giant boobs and are usually right about everything.

Ciri herself is a raging Mary Sue, Yennefer Lopez is a dominatrix, and Triss has horrible voice acting.

9ted6

Educated
Here's a quote from Twitcher man himself.
I believe that the feminine elements dominates in nature. Women are generally stronger than men. All power of this world should be in the hands of women. Life, the world are too serious to leave it in our hands.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Sir, this is a video game discussion thread.

Talked about the games too. I mentioned how I didn't like the way they presented the Novigradian Church of the Holy Fire as some regressive impotent baboons that always get one upped by the Witches.

It's a very tiresome trope.
very based of them to show organized religion like the clown show it is

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I believe that the feminine elements dominates in nature. Women are generally stronger than men. All power of this world should be in the hands of women. Life, the world are too serious to leave it in our hands.
Lip-service. His deeds belay his words. Now, I am not going to suggest that he's some uber-based chad. But his self-insert fucks all the hot bitches who use magical de-aging balms to look ever youthful. Whatever he says, whatever he believes now, the novels weren't Peak Femynysm.

9ted6

Educated
Lip-service. His deeds belay his words. Now, I am not going to suggest that he's some uber-based chad. But his self-insert fucks all the hot bitches who use magical de-aging balms to look ever youthful. Whatever he says, whatever he believes now, the novels weren't Peak Femynysm.
Since many male feminists simp for sex Geralt being his babe banging self insert doesn't mean it's not also a politically feminist pandering story.

Geralt's also an actual cuck and gets cucked multiple times by multiple women in both the books and games.

LanciaArdita

Literate
very based of them to show organized religion like the clown show it is
Maybe.

But that is a trope that has been overdone a hundred thousand of times too many, with little thematic variation.

Every pozzed jester and their mother had a go at it, thinking it is some form of novel high-brow satire.

Their entire portrayal of the Eternal Fire in TW3 is a travesty, compared to the novels.

Then the novels of the Polish mustache man might warrant serious attention.

I'm actually one of the few people that watched the 2001 show and somewhat enjoyed it. Sure the narration was disjointed as hell, it was technically unimpressive and Kendo practicing Witches were a joke, but I feel like it encapsuled the setting of eastern lore a hundred times better than the netflix stuff did (which obv. I didn't watch)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom