Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Sir, this is a video game discussion thread.

I, for one, can confirm that in Witcher 2 & 3 the overwhelming majority of male characters are some combination of hideous, old, moronic, or malevolent. Almost all female characters look like beauty queens with giant boobs and are usually right about everything.

Ciri herself is a raging Mary Sue, Yennefer Lopez is a dominatrix, and Triss has horrible voice acting.
I forgot to add that, some witcherfans try to fanwank the above discrepancy as a result of characters like Trisspy and Yennefer Lopez being sorceressessesses who improved their appearance with magic. There are two problems with this cope:

1. We see a few (human) male sorcerers in W2&3, and without exception they look like decrepit old men. Also, why so many sorceresses, and not that many sorcerers? What is this, Wheel of Time?
2. There are quite a few non-magical females, like the dead skellige queen's wife, or that healer lady, or that ghost lady, or that troubadour lady, or basically any female character of notice, who also look improbably gorgeous.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Sir, this is a video game discussion thread.

I, for one, can confirm that in Witcher 2 & 3 the overwhelming majority of male characters are some combination of hideous, old, moronic, or malevolent. Almost all female characters look like beauty queens with giant boobs and are usually right about everything.

Ciri herself is a raging Mary Sue, Yennefer Lopez is a dominatrix, and Triss has horrible voice acting.
I forgot to add that, some witcherfans try to fanwank the above discrepancy as a result of characters like Trisspy and Yennefer Lopez being sorceressessesses who improved their appearance with magic. There are two problems with this cope:

1. We see a few (human) male sorcerers in W2&3, and without exception they look like decrepit old men. Also, why so many sorceresses, and not that many sorcerers? What is this, Wheel of Time?
2. There are quite a few non-magical females, like the dead skellige queen's wife, or that healer lady, or that ghost lady, or that troubadour lady, or basically any female character of notice, who also look improbably gorgeous.
1. it's explained in-universe that male sorcerers consider overusing magical youth frivolous and prefer to keep themselves middle-aged, also it's not really true - especially tw2 has a lot of male sorcerers
2. it's a video game

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

Just admit you are a faggot like most codextards and be done with it.

Gerrard

Arcane
I don't know much about him but alot of the fanbase seems to think he's a serious feminist. He started writing the books before wokeness became the big moneymaker but then again feminism sold big even back then.
The same author whose self-insert fucks all the hot bitches who use magical de-aging balms to look ever youthful? Muh big femynysm.
Here's a quote from Twitcher man himself.
I believe that the feminine elements dominates in nature. Women are generally stronger than men. All power of this world should be in the hands of women. Life, the world are too serious to leave it in our hands.
Do you know what sarcasm is?
Oh yes, the womyn are so powerful in the books that Geralt has Fringilla wrapped around his cock little finger and dupes the entire lodge regarding the location of Vilgefortz's hideout.

9ted6

Educated
I don't know much about him but alot of the fanbase seems to think he's a serious feminist. He started writing the books before wokeness became the big moneymaker but then again feminism sold big even back then.
The same author whose self-insert fucks all the hot bitches who use magical de-aging balms to look ever youthful? Muh big femynysm.
Here's a quote from Twitcher man himself.
I believe that the feminine elements dominates in nature. Women are generally stronger than men. All power of this world should be in the hands of women. Life, the world are too serious to leave it in our hands.
Do you know what sarcasm is?
Oh yes, the womyn are so powerful in the books that Geralt has Fringilla wrapped around his cock little finger and dupes the entire lodge regarding the location of Vilgefortz's hideout.
Geralt the chad who endlessly simps for two slutty women that do nothing but cuck, manipulate and abuse him while he travels the world encountering other women who are always smarter, stronger and more talented than he is.

Geralt seems like a self insert but I think Ciri might be a bigger one. She's the perfectly competent, supremely important, fucks women without attachments, strong independent warrior that feels more like wish fulfillment.

Last edited:

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Should I help the blind witch and Cockstra assassinate Radovid? The game has been harping on how terrible he and his witch hunters and the COTEF are, and how they're totally racist bigots and blah blah blah, that I am tempted to skip that quest just out of spite.

Anyone tried not assassinating Radovid? Does it change much?

Gerrard

Arcane
Should I help the blind witch and Cockstra assassinate Radovid? The game has been harping on how terrible he and his witch hunters and the COTEF are, and how they're totally racist bigots and blah blah blah, that I am tempted to skip that quest just out of spite.

Killing Radovid basically locks you into the cringe fanfiction ending. Getting the other ending then requires some very specific choices to also avoid the bad ending.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Killing Radovid basically locks you into the cringe fanfiction ending. Getting the other ending then requires some very specific choices to also avoid the bad ending.
Which endings are you referring to?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Depends. Do you like Vernon Roche?

Gerrard

Arcane
Which endings are you referring to?
The one where Ciri becomes the empress of Nilfgaard. The requirements for this are to kill Radovid and Dijkstra, and visit Emhyr after you kill Imlerith.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Should I help the blind witch and Cockstra assassinate Radovid?
They made Radovid look like Maddox which should be reason enough for you to want to kill him.
Easily the worst questline in the game. Radovid, Djisktra, Roach, Thaler.. all of them were done dirty.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Hm. Emyr conquered all the North, Temeria was restored as an autonomous state, and Ciri decided to become empress. And Yennefer stayed with Geralt. I'm pretty sure the ending I got when playing this in 2016 was a depressed and lonely Geralt chasing after the last crone because Ciri never returned from the magical frost dimension. Her being a raging Mary Sue, I don't much care either way, but this seems slightly better.

On to the Hearts of Stone and Totally Not France expansions!

Cologno

Educated
Oh yeah, Storyfag is on point there. if the base game didn't burn you out, those two DLC are balls-out better. If you need a break, yeah understandable cuz I think one of those DLC is itself basically the length of the base game.

Frozen

Arcane
Main story of Blood and wine is kind of a fizzle and really weak.

If instead of that generic vampire, they brought back Vilgefortz as a vampire that would be way better thing to end on in full circle.

Missed opportunity.

But same as base game, main strength of DLC is atmosphere not shitty combat or derp story.

Art direction in all Witcher games is something lost in time for moder developers.

You will see how bad and without taste Witcher 4 will look like, probably even uglier than Divinity 3, aka "BG3".

Cologno

Educated
It's all right not to like the game, dude. Nobody should be fucking care, but it's okay for you not like something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom