Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Expansion Thread

Gerrard

Arcane
PRO TIP.

If you have problem with inventory space you can leave things on ground. They will stay there forever. This also means that if you killed some monster its remains will be there after few hours of gameplay.
Knowing how these things go, if you keep leaving shit laying around it will probably cause save bloat/longer loading/save corruption/etc.

Quatlo

Arcane
offtopic

While running around Skellige I always stumbled upon a melody that seemed very familiar.

Timestamp: 2.00-2.18

Timestamp: 9.00-9.27

/offtopic

Overall the game was great, 10/10 GOTY all years.

Hated the movement system though.

It is widely known that witcher used public music samples.

Compare Homm IV to Warlords Battlecry, you will hear the same.

Gerrard

Arcane
Alchemy system is easily the worst (and most useless) it has ever been.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
so men

barring the terrible ui/controls, this gaem is actually kinda cool :M

certainly better than twitcher 2 :M

uaciaut

Augur
Turns out it is bullshit, the performance is more or less the same.

http://pclab.pl/art63116-44.html

w3l_ster.png

w3b1_ster.png

w3b2_ster.png

You're comparing the difference in Titan X performance, you should be comparing how patches affect new gen nvidia cards vs how they affect old gen nvidia cards.

Oddly i didn't have my driver updated (GTX 970) and i got a weird light flicker outdoors, update fixed it.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You're comparing the difference in Titan X performance, you should be comparing how patches affect new gen nvidia cards vs how they affect old gen nvidia cards.
That is the original Titan (Kepler).

The Nexus Witcher 3 page is now live. The adjustable weight mod looks good. All the crafting materials start to add up.
Good to see this. Witcher 2 was almost unplayable without the no-weight mod.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7219

Unofficial Official Harbingers of the Decline List:

Nithrakis
kain30
Immortal
dragonul09
Sodafish
Anthedon
Echo Mirage
Kem0sabe
Carrion
Matt7895
Nyast
Markman
Pegultagol
Mortmal
Grimlorn
Turisas
Ismaul
Comrade Goby
Deuce Traveler
Morality Games
MasPingon
Cromwell
RK47
FreeKaner
pippin
bonescraper
Maculo
Sothpaw
Talby
Darth Slaughter
Daemongar
RPGMaster
made
Ivan
ERYFKRAD
fizzelopeguss
Jools
cvv
abnaxus
WhiskeyWolf
Perkel
odrzut
Ultra
MicoSelva
Starwars
deranged
Multidirectional
hivemind
flushfire
AwesomeButton
Cyberarmy
Kruno
DosBuster
Quatlo
WhiteGuts
Ovplain
Kaldurenik
Cadmus
Killzig
Hegel
Alienman
Doktor Best
PhantasmaNL
undecaf
Clockwork Knight
Trodat
Commissar Draco
Beggar
D_X
Keshik
Havoc
Idiott
Obsequious Approbation
Trash
Zed
meanwhileInPoland
Branm
Dormir Con Las Arañas
Scrooge
krist2
SophosTheWise
Suchy

And others I'm sure I missed.

You have all been summoned here to bear witness to the atrocities you heap upon the once glorious and prestigious e-magazine that is RPG Codex. Your combined efforts and love of popamole decline have made Tit Witcher 3 more anticipated, played, and talked about game then any of the recent incline old school titles that have been coming out in the last few years.

DarkUnderlord how did it come to this? Traitors. All of them.

I am honoured to be in such good company.

A tear came to my eye as I read that list. Bruthas and sistas, the lot of them.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
so men

barring the terrible ui/controls, this gaem is actually kinda cool :M

certainly better than twitcher 2 :M
don't worry, it doesn't last. as soon as you get accustomed to the controls, you start to realize the itemization sucks, character advancement sucks, the fucking main story fucking sucks. fucking alpha male, fucking killer of undead and dragons, and other monsters and wolves, geralt will let some guy from court shave his fucking beard because of reasons... i believe he secretly wants to be a woman.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
The griffon fight was legit hard on Death March, I had to pussy out and lower difficulty, I'm sorry men.
I'm starting to like gwent a lot more now that I understand the subtleties behind it.

Also, now I'm Velen and the world looks legit HUGE. I think they nailed the war-devasted look of the area, good stuff.

The griffon fight was legit hard on Death March, I had to pussy out and lower difficulty, I'm sorry men.
I'm starting to like gwent a lot more now that I understand the subtleties behind it.

Also, now I'm Velen and the world looks legit HUGE. I think they nailed the war-devasted look of the area, good stuff.
I didn't think the griffon fight was hard at all on the highest difficulty, pretty much the same as other fights, dodge instead of rolling and only take 100% safe swings, no more than two since there is no stunlock or the equivalent of poise in this game. It wasn't braindead easy, but certainly not difficult.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Figuring out the tactic is the easy part. But you don't do enough damage, so the temptation was always there to land as many blows as possible. Also, I hated the fact that Aarding it resets it in a standard position when you tried to carefully position yourself behind it to backstab it, that was dumb.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Griphon is easy but annoying, dividing the boss fights to stages is something I didn't like. Having to chase the monster and repeat the same fight twice seemed like they dragged it pointlessly.
The detective work you do is a good idea but the constant usage of witcher senses loses it's novelty after the first hours of gameplay.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Holy smokes, that talk with the Baron... and of course everything went over the SJW heads.

Quatlo

Arcane
Baron is a fucking bro, completely relatable and likeable character. Guy has seen some shit during the wars so obviously he is damaged as fuck, I really like him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom