Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Expansion Thread

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Why is this game so stupidly expensive on steam.

I am not a console gamer, why should i pay 60 euros?

Nyast

Cipher
Just finished recently that quest line. One of the best quests i have seen in rpgs. Writting was simply superb.

Family Matters - fantastic quest. Probably one of the best I've ever played. It almost makes you think - how do future games even wanna compare to this? Especially the writing? I'm seriously impressed with this game so far.

I can be a gale, a gallop unchained.
That's quite strange the more you get in the game the better it becomes. Could have expected the best part being at the beginning for mainstream reviewers, but no the quality keep cranking up.Thats one of the best game I ever played ,the story telling is not designed for dumb kwan teens, it completely , utterly,crush anything Bethesda or bioware ever did.

Funny, that's exactly what I think too.

First area, I was less than impressed.

I just finished Velen and I'm pretty impressed by its quests, writting and atmosphere. If the rest of the game is like that, it's definitely incline.

Beowulf

Arcane

Biggest game changer for me so far was swapping dodge and roll keys (you also have to change jump). But I'm still struggling to find good parry/strong attack combination (you cannot map both strong attack and witcher senses to the same button).
Other than that it's all about pacing and waiting for the opening or creating one with a sign.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I really doubt it.
Downgrade blah blah blah loading screens blah blah blah :retarded:
What a fucking retard, as if any of this mattered the slightest.
Hypocritical cynics everywhere, giving every indie game and classic lots of slack with their graphics and turning into graphix whores when it comes to AAA games. Thanks for proving those AAA devs who put their whole budget into surface polishing right, you fucking dimwits! :argh:
Also edgy youtubers shouldn't post a lot of edgetarded comments under their own videos, makes it too easy for everyone to realize that watching this shit isn't worth their time before it's too late. :smug:

edit: Damn, it seems you got the movie reference, dude. Have to brofist for that, even though you post shitty videos.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Obviously you're not a golfer. Anyway, he's a good 'reviewer.' TLDW version: good story, characters, pretty but shit combat and other hilariously bad flaws.

Cromwell

Arcane
Just watched a bit, hes not far off. The open world nitpicking and whining about loading screens does go on my nerves but he isnt wrong and hes spot on about stealing in houses and the pathfinding of the peasants you encounter.

Gerrard

Arcane
Baron is a fucking bro, completely relatable and likeable character. Guy has seen some shit during the wars so obviously he is damaged as fuck, I really like him.
:nocountryforshitposters:
You seriously didn't see a spark of a nice person destroyed by grimderp witcher world? Guy genuinely cares, at first I tought about him "Oh great, another generic cruel lord", but the little details like him wanting to wait with you for the child spirit redeem him for me.

Not only that but if you speak to him about his family he is very sad, he regrets everything that happened. Theres also more to the story which he doesnt talk about but theres a reason his wife can sent him into a fit of rage (dont know if thats explained later I did not finish the quest until now). He is definetly not the evil baron who just smacks his wife around and doesnt give a shit.
Yeah bro, he only beat his wife until she miscarried because he loved her.
He really cares about "his" lands, so much that he sends his "soldiers" to pillage them regularly.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So i've just cleared every PoI in white orchard and got 40 xp from destroying nests and am moving to velen at level 4...... there is one place with drowners at level 10. Am i doing something wrong or are you undereleved all the time ?

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Finally splurged acquired a key and got the GOG version. Not bad so far from what I've seen in White Orchard. I love how even quests that are supposed to be throwaway witcher work, like that old well Noonwraith one, seem to have stories associated with them to get you invested. Blood and Broken Bones difficulty appears to have been an acceptable choice of difficulty and I got my ass handed to me by wolves. It also seems that crafted gear is superior to otherwise identical gear you can find because it's still an order of quality higher so I don't feel gypped by crafting a gambeson only to find the same one in an easily accessible chest.

It's almost like Gothic all over again and I dig it so far. :love:

imweasel

Gets really good around 6:50.

His criticism is spot on for the most part (although he is trying too hard IMO). TW3 is a good game with top notch writing and character design, but that isn't enough for 10/10.

BTW, his ranting that "open world games must be a single very large map" is pretty retarded.

Yeah bro, [the Baron] only beat his wife until she miscarried because he loved her.
It isn't as simple as that. I don't want to spoil anything, so just finish the quest. The quest really is as fucking good as others have been saying.

It's almost like Gothic all over again
Nope. It is more like (less retarded) Skyrim with a dash of Gothic.

Perkel

Arcane
It's almost like Gothic all over again
Nope. It is more like (less retarded) Skyrim with a dash of Gothic.

Completely disagree. White Orchard was kind of weak area but Velen is motherfucking huuuge incline.
This is Basically Gothic 3 for me (i don't aknowledge gothics beside first two).

Game has nothing in common with Skyrim aside from huge landmass.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Bad combat in TW games?

Who would have thought?

I mean you can't seriously give except any better after the first 2 games.

Beowulf

Arcane
So i've just cleared every PoI in white orchard and got 40 xp from destroying nests and am moving to velen at level 4...... there is one place with drowners at level 10. Am i doing something wrong or are you undereleved all the time ?

You can beat drowners at that level with your current level, but if you don't have decent silver sword (you can craft one from witcher schematics in White Orchard) it will take more time and more dodging/rolling. So if you find this tedious, just go somewhere else. Also, there is a high chance, that those monsters are guarding a chest nearby with a pipe or butter knife, so it is not always worth your time to fight every monster on the map.

Well, he has some good points, like burglary, ransacking and dodging not always working with movement keys; but some are at best disputable, if not outright stupid - telepatic horse? Well, nobody forces you to use it, and for me it's a good solution to travel and admire the views, when I don't want to fast travel.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Sums up what's wrong with modern gamers. What a moron.

I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion since all his critiques are, at least, based in fact and against the 'modern gamer' -- who are mostly dolts. Witcher 3 is very much a game designed for modern gamers.

edit: Damn, it seems you got the movie reference, dude. Have to brofist for that, even though you post shitty videos.
I post good videos that offend people with shitty taste in games~

The whole gryphon thing, though... so bad.

Last edited:
Bros in the last 15 years this is the first time I'm thinking - here's a game that has a serious chance to wrestle the title Best Written Computer Gaem Evah from PST. I'm still just lvl 12 so I'm reserving my final judgement but if this game keeps the current pace it WILL happen.

You heard it here first. :cool:

:lol::lol::lol:

i am sure that one quest elevates this game to PST level :lol::lol::lol: call me when you meet Ravel, open bronze sphere in this game and talk to your previous incarnations :M

made

Arcane
OMG the Baron's story... I head tears in my eyes. Had to take a break from the game before I continue the quest because shit was just too intense.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Tell me one thing... how the fuck do bandits have a camp just next to Redania army checkpoint to Novigrad? Seriously? I have hard time believing the corpse eaters are next to them, but the bandit camp? With a merchant in chains? Who the fuck designed it?

Good thing? You can swim to the city, no need for papers.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
VRU_44899_gif_sardinilla_se_une_a_la_moda_ubisoft.gif

Assasins creed unity easter egg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom