Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Expansion Thread

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
fanboy.png

Perkel

Arcane
Can you continue playing after main quest is done?

Yes. Hell even just before last quests you can do it.
Frankly i don't advice you to finish all quest via post ending game. C&C in this game is simply superb. Replay game.

First biggest thing about sidequests is that ton of them are tied to main story.
Second thing is that game doesn't fit quest resolve into proper/bad quest finish. Most of the time choices you make are equally logical so there isn't best resolve of situation. Sure there are few ones like that but most of the time it is like i said.

I for now will avoid any spoiler threads. I don't want to ruin my second or third playthrough.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
- DEATH MARCH whole game without reducing it at any time
- Most of side-quest not done. Imo important ones were done but it is only "imo" because how game ties subquests to main story. Game is easily 200h+ if someone would do most quests.
- finished lvl 28
- Alchemy spec + bits of swordpath
- Didn't reach tier 3 skills nor i cared for equipment or crafting beside potions

Agreed on most points but the fact that you can not only finish the game on the hardest diff without doing most side quests but also not caring too much about skills or equipment is very disappointing. The whole point of the top difficulties is usually you have to work hard for your progress.

Inb4 Dark diff DLC.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Enemies do respawn, at least drowners/ghouls do. During the first Fyke Isle quest I exterminated plenty of them. Returning there I encountered some again. Same with the swamps in Velen. I don't mind, they had this also in Witcher 1 and most of the times you can avoid combat.

TedNugent

Arcane
Open world is a horrendous concept. It's more like, wow, this isn't a series of awful fetch quests. Some of these quests actually have a narrative beginning, middle, and end, sometimes with a branching resolution. But that's just good writing in general and I can't help the feeling that this game wouldn't have benefited from being substantially condensed.

Albeit, this does mean that they are able to hide some clever shit out in the wilderness without the kwan censors having a conniption. There's a quest about the Allgod that is too delicious to bear. It reminds me of the hidden lyrics in the song "Sheep" by Pink Floyd.

Perkel

Arcane
Agreed on most points but the fact that you can not only finish the game on the hardest diff without doing most side quests but also not caring too much about skills or equipment is very disappointing. The whole point of the top difficulties is usually you have to work hard for your progress.

Inb4 Dark diff DLC.

easy ? Dude every fight for me for whole game was more or less trial by fire. I constantly reloaded game because i was most of the time underpowered. For example in one mc quest it required like lvl 19 where i was something like 13.
As for equipment there is plenty of unique gear you find that work as upgrade.

There are shit ton of events in game where you fight more than 5 dudes at the same time and considering that they can basically murder you in 3-4 hits it was hard.
I think hardest fight for me was in witch hunter HQ. IT was like 10 to one with bows, poleaxes (realism !), sword and shield guys. I reloaded it like 20 times and won it just with a bit of last health.
Some boss battles also were pretty hard (10-20 times reloads)

Basically DS git good aproach was working.

edit:

Also fuck wolves. Pack of 15 wolves or dogs is something that will be hound me in my dreams. I can manage 10 guys now but not 15 wolves that constantly attack from every fucking side.

edit2:

best way to handle crowds: do not dodge back. Always left or right. In alchemy tree there is talent that slows down a time before counterattack from enemy which works wonders for group fighting.

Is Perkel Polish y/n?

It's potatoland. Watch your words kid.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Open world is a horrendous concept. It's more like, wow, this isn't a series of awful fetch quests. Some of these quests actually have a narrative beginning, middle, and end, sometimes with a branching resolution. But that's just good writing in general and I can't help the feeling that this game wouldn't have benefited from being substantially condensed.

Generally i agree with idea that OW generally cheapens game design as it basically forces devs to do shitty stuff (fetch quests etc)

TW3 is antithesis of "modern AAA" open worlds. It is basically Gothic1/2 handcrafted design just on unthinkable scale.
I still don't have fucking clue how they did it.
They have probably some crazy pipeline for this stuff.

I clocked 66 hours i have ton of sidequests in log and for most of my game i basically never tried to even get new quests.
I don't have also fucking idea how they were able to create that much amount of handcrafted quests..

edit:

Maybe their dev REDKIT is ridiculously good ? I mean if tools are mature even few artists can create a lot of stuff.

made

Arcane
Random peasant: "War. War never changes."
Wife: "You don't change either. You're just as lazy as you've always been."

:D

<3 this game

The enemy AI is titty fucking amazing!

Difficulty is set at Blood and Broken Bones. Managed to take the whole fort with my level 4 Geralt XD.

Exploiting an AI bug, how original. Because other games have no AI bug.

lol its worse than exploiting fog of war in IE games. i mean fuck is it 1998 or 2015?:lol:

this would be contender for place in top5 for next rpg codex top50 best rpgs ever
:retarded:
no fucking chance and thanks fucking god mods keep this shit in separate subforum

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Just had an 10 min epic fight with a water hag (me lvl 12, she lvl 18).

I love the fact that I can do this kind of stuff based on your skill.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So Perkel is the polish alt of J_C.

Is there a way to turn off the loading a save movies? It seems like the game doesn't start loading until they are done

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom