Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Expansion Thread

Perkel

Arcane
Mormot on twitter confirmed game doesn't have level cap.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
I just want to stay in Kaer Morhen for rest of my life with Lambert and Eskel.
:love:
Was probably one of the most fun moments I ever had in the game. And Yennefer
teleporting Geralt to a lake, because I/she argued about her throwing the bed out of the window because it had red hairlaces. :lol::lol:

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
azEWMnz_700b.jpg

:M

Ivan

Arcane
@ Novigrad and I'm like :retarded: how much have I not seen. shit just keeps going for miles.

edit: so far the only quest I've "failed" is the one where you're meant to protect the brother of the chap who's selling you fake papers. Dude always gets killed by the enemy that explodes upon death.

Last edited:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
@ Novigrad and I'm like :retarded: how much have I not seen. shit just keeps going for miles.

edit: so far the only quest I've "failed" is the one where you're meant to protect the brother of the chap who's selling you fake papers. Dude always gets killed by the enemy that explodes upon death.

I managed to save the brother, but the quest giver is no longer around. I go to the marker where he was standing...he's gone. Can't complete the quest. Rested there many days, etc. He's just ...gone.

Zep--

Grinolf

Arcane
Finished Velen's main quests and explored half of the first map. So far not bad and at least it doesn't feel like simple copypatsa, as the first game, or just a set-up for something big, as the second. But c&c part of the game look like the weakest of the three. The only decision worth consideration was giving up arsonist or not in prologue and it was a very minor one. Other ones or have an obvious right and wrong or being an asshole or not options. And lol how the cutscene after completing Velen's part didn't even make any sense if player mad the "right" choice. Thankfully I decided to look at the "wrong" path first, so it wasn't as confusing as it could be.
Baron's quest iself was decent, altrough I have no idea why CDP felt a need to unite it with the witch quest in the end despite them having nothing in common until that point. Much better would being kept them separate an avoid a half-assed revelations and arbitrary blocks that prevent completing one quest before another without providing any reason. Also it creates some time contradictions, as the Baron's quest make it look like a quite recent events, while Witch's quest wouldn't make much sense if some time hasn't passed between events. So it wouldn't be suprising if they were written as a separate quest lines at first and only in the end cobbled together. Also it was strange to see a poor fisherman's brother living in the wealthy furnished house. Apparently they weren't close with each other for one to help to save the life of his nephew, but still close to provide a shelter to a girl, that fled her home, by request.

Game's issues so far:
1. Thievery mechanic. Why it's ever there, as in it's implementation it doesn't make any sense? Apparently it's okay to go into the random people houses and steal everything from them, as no one even care about it. But just pick one random barrel on the street without an obvious owner, and guards would be at your throat. But not always, as I was abble to clear the whole military camp from loot and the same guards, that killed me in the settlement, were quite apathetic about their own belongings. And there is no (and shouldn't be) thief builds for this mechanic to be justified even in dequate implementation. On the related note, there is way too much loot laying around for a country that supposed to be ravaged by bandits and soldiers. I get more money than I know what to do with them by picking everything on my way and the main problem is finding a trader that still has some money to buy my stuff.
2. The biggest challenges in combat are clunky controls, unresponsiveness and long animation. Fow something that isn't Silent Hill, but an action RPG that's a pretty big issuee and a very annoying one on the hardest difficulty , where you can't allow monsters to hit you.
3. For what supposed to be an open world sandbox there is a no reason to take a non obvious path. There is no guarantee that one could, even if it's look like you should be abble to do it, no reward for getting there, and no guarantee that you could return: one time I get myself stuck in the place, where I wasn't supposed to be by game opinion and was forced to reload. After that incident I stopped even try. So exploration part is painfully straightforward.
4. Fucking intros before loading. Didn't find how to switch them off or skip. They wouldn't be bad if they only played once or after a long break, but not every single time. The only option that I see to deal with them is to bet to the point of main quest, where they are relative short, and only then bother with secondary objectives.
5. Ridiculous damage from falling of even small heights.
6. Candles. Why are they everywhere? Why "everywhere" is often near loot? And why with every one one them Geralt could interact? I have no idea what CDP were thinking when they filled the world with the. "Geralt could ignite or extinguish every single candle met on his way. Players would definitely love this feature" kind of thing?

Monsters spawn on pretty far distance from the target and always in the same direction. You could wait them there so they wouldn't even attack anyone but you.

Ivan

Arcane
:kwafuckyeah: did anyone else take the direct approach with Menge in Novigrad?

grievances
-there needs to be a quick panel for potions (having to pause the game to use different potions SUCKS)
-also, why not have a CONSUME FOOD HOTKEY (who cares if its fish cheese or chicken)
-why can't ROACH sprint in Novigrad
-hovering over inventory doesn't let you exit inv screen unless your cursor is outside of it ARGH

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Done and done, about 120 hours, on deathmarch. Diff lowered in about 4 fights, like the Eredin one. Chipping at his health for 10 minutes and then he oneshots me when I make a split second mistake? Thanx but no.

All in all gaem great. Best interactive movie with an open world slapped on ever. Character development and itemization are awful and the integration of the main story with the open world is wonky but despite this the game holds attention. Speaks volumes about what the writers and actors achieved here. Best written game ever, hands down. An extremelly rare specimen of AAAs that treat gamers like adults. That alone is thumbs fucking up from me.

Now mlodci, what is Cyberpunk all about?

TedNugent

Arcane
Done and done, about 120 hours, on deathmarch. Diff lowered in about 4 fights, like the Eredin one. Chipping at his health for 10 minutes and then he oneshots me when I make a split second mistake? Thanx but no.

All in all gaem great. Best interactive movie with an open world slapped on ever. Character development and itemization are awful and the integration of the main story with the open world is wonky but despite this the game holds attention. Speaks volumes about what the writers and actors achieved here. Best written game ever, hands down. An extremelly rare specimen of AAAs that treat gamers like adults. That alone is thumbs fucking up from me.

Now mlodci, what is Cyberpunk all about?

Good Commandant with more Nadz than me,

What build did you use on Deathmarch - straight Combat build?

Echo Mirage

Arcane
:kwafuckyeah: did anyone else take the direct approach with Menge in Novigrad?

I did the first time. But Sigi wants his loot and gets pissed about it. So the second time I got the info and massacred the whole building with explosives and poisoned bombs.

Finished Velen's main quests and explored half of the first map. So far not bad and at least it doesn't feel like simple copypatsa, as the first game, or just a set-up for something big, as the second. But c&c part of the game look like the weakest of the three. The only decision worth consideration was giving up arsonist or not in prologue and it was a very minor one. Other ones or have an obvious right and wrong or being an asshole or not options. And lol how the cutscene after completing Velen's part didn't even make any sense if player made the "right" choice. Thankfully I decided to look at the "wrong" path first, so it wasn't as confusing as it could be.
Baron's quest iself was decent, altrough I have no idea why CDP felt a need to unite it with the witch quest in the end despite them having nothing in common until that point. Much better would being kept them separate an avoid a half-assed revelations and arbitrary blocks that prevent completing one quest before another without providing any reason. Also it creates some time contradictions, as the Baron's quest make it look like a quite recent events, while Witch's quest wouldn't make much sense if some time hasn't passed between events. So it wouldn't be suprising if they were written as a separate quest lines at first and only in the end cobbled together. Also it was strange to see a poor fisherman's brother living in the wealthy furnished house. Apparently they weren't close with each other for one to help to save the life of his nephew, but still close to provide a shelter to a girl, that fled her home, by request..

The Barons quest didn't make much sense to me either at first. But since Ciri's sections take place a few weeks to a month or so ahead of Geralt's it makes a little more overall sense. Both are long gone by the time Ciri and Gretka arrive and meet the baron. And Gretka mentions that her father tried to send her on the trial of treats. Which means that "Gran" had to have already have been there to receive the children when they arrived.

But there is a lot of arse pulling in the later part of the quest line. Geralt's sudden knowledge about the particulars of the agreement between the Witches and the Barons wife.

What really doesn't make sense is how anyone knows Ciri was in the swamps to begin with and had argued with the witches.

TedNugent

Arcane
with axi sign -> delusion you have more options in dialog. You still can fail form time to time(happened twice to me so far) whenever there is a 2nd strong willed guy to interrupt. My question is, can you overcome it with Domination? Anyone checked that? Im not rly interested in sign tree beside 1st tier but im curious.

I have level 3 axii. It's never failed in conversation.

Signs tree is terrible though. Only standout is alt-fire igni with high sign intensity +.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
You can still fuck up if you use it in the wrong place, though, like in the middle of a crowd.

Chipping at his health for 10 minutes
I found the Archgriffin decoction immensely useful later in the game, especially against enemies with lots of HP. Half-a-dozen hits at most and the enemy's health goes under 50%, even with the worst HP sponges.

Divinity: Original Sin
I put this game on hold for now. I'm loving it, but the XP bug is a no go for me. I even deleted some saves of quests done and I gained no xp. A pity they're delaying the next patch which will contain the fix, when they could release a hotfix for the xp bug.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
This music~

t4T4uTGnk0GM.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Questing in the swamps and the hinterlands, maybe its some euro thing? But this feels so good. Best game I have played for years. And best is I still have so much to do!

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Ah excuse me. Please commence with the bitchin'

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
with axi sign -> delusion you have more options in dialog. You still can fail form time to time(happened twice to me so far) whenever there is a 2nd strong willed guy to interrupt. My question is, can you overcome it with Domination? Anyone checked that? Im not rly interested in sign tree beside 1st tier but im curious.

Signs tree is terrible though. Only standout is alt-fire igni with high sign intensity +.

Axii cannot fail. Conversation Axii checks are grayed out if you cannot succeed at it.
But the reason of reported 'failures' are simply scripted. You cannot even try if your Axii level is too low.
Domination does nothing to amplify conversational checks.
In fact a current bug does not allow Domination to be used in combat if Delusion is equipped.
However, the passive stamina regeneration still takes effect.
If you want to use Domination you cannot equip Delusion.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Axii cannot fail. Conversation Axii checks are grayed out if you cannot succeed at it.
They are red, not greyed out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom