Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Expansion Thread

Gerrard

Arcane
Yeah, because it's somehow my fault they put invisible walls everywhere? Try not to choke on that CDPR dick.

What invisible walls ?
That ones that prevent you from climbing the mountain because it infringes on the designer's vision.

I also found one place near the end of the world that had them, but whatever, there was no point in going further.

You can literally jump and climb on anything as long as it has ledge.
Couldn't be further from truth. You not only can't climb most shit, you can't even jump onto places you clearly should be able to.

Perkel

Arcane
so this was this potion in TW2

XIEBrRh.png

Gerrard

Arcane
It's a good thing you haven't had many chances to knock someone up, huh?

Gerrard

Arcane
IHIOU4S.jpg

"You're not my father, Roche. Don't tell me how i'm supposed to dress."

:triggered:

Perkel

Arcane
In The Witcher 2 you can drink some unknown potion which two Oxenfurt scholars can give you in Flotsam and they say that they want your raport after year time in Oxenfurt if you will be going there by some chance.

In TW3 you can find this note:

XIEBrRh.png

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I'm wondering if I'm about to hit the point of no return

Does taking Uma to Kaer Mohren lock me into the end-game?

No but it will teleport Lambert from wherever he is at the moment to Kaer Morhen and make finishing his personal quest impossible, so seek him out in Novigrad and finish his quest if you hadn't already.

Perkel

Arcane
It would be amazing if he would impregnate Triss and then players would go for Yennefer romance. Then in Kaer Moren Triss notices it.

"Kear Mohren showdown or how to quickly change castle to dust"
To bad sorceress are infertile.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Being 70 hours in the game and just arrived in Novigrad. LOTS of talking there! Still havent explored last 1/4 of Velen and lots of shit to do, read, etc. Its unbelievable how massive this game is content wise.

I could send 2 characters already to Kaer Mohen. I am guessing I will later have to do some mission like in ME2 ending. Cool! Keira Metz' quest were really well done and I hoped the entire time Geralt jr. can have some fun with her, was not disappointed. :incline:

The 'Muhmen' in the swamp (dont know english translation) were genuinely scary. Atmosphere wise this game feels so much like old fairy tales of my grandparents. Its really cool.

Regarding the Baron:

I 'reunited' the family in the swamp. Baron takes Annah with him to some healer. Will I ever see them again?

Divinity: Original Sin
See that mountain?

9SkHSiK.jpg

You can't climb it, because we've put fucking invisible walls and slopes that force sliding everywhere. Fuck you.
Yeah, because it's somehow my fault they put invisible walls everywhere? Try not to choke on that CDPR dick.

What invisible walls ?

So far i didn't notice any. You can literally jump and climb on anything as long as it has ledge. There are some place where that ledge climbing doesn't work but overall most of buildings and so on are scalable.

I mean look at this park-our. AC doesn't have this shit even:

Lol i just noticed what dude says after that..

The game is full of invisible walls, though it doesn't mean the area beyond is inaccessible, but you have to go around.

I've been to that tree area and there's no way to reach it besides the main path to it. I could accept it more if the cliffs were higher, but I managed to climb cliffs of the same size in other parts of the game.

That doesn't actually bother me though, since witcher 1 and 2 you couldn't jump and sometimes you had to go around a small step you couldn't go over.

But one can't deny the presence of invisible walls in tw3.

Oh, and this "parkour" is more a glitch than actual gameplay mechanics.

uaciaut

Augur
Why the fuck is every retard around here trying to force everyone else into seeing only the big flaws, exaggerating the small ones and completely ignoring any positives, i really don't get it.

I would love to have positive things to say about the game but there are not too many: pop-a-mole combat and underwhelming quest-lines are not small flaws and more like big fat failures.

I'm probably angry because they had the resources to implement everything right (in fact all elements for great exploration are implemented) but they fucked it up.

In the end it doesn't matter cause everyone is free to derive as much pleasure from the game as he would like. Nobody is forcing anybody.

They implemented a lot of shit well. I'm just mad about combat because dodging costs no resource, it's fine otherwise; you're free to think otherwise but if you do then you most likely don't/will never like action rpg combat. I don't find quests to be underwhelming so far, some fall below the bard, others rise above it.

The fact that you don't find too many positives above the game is your problem though, there are a lot of good things about it

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Bit of c&c :

I once met a guy on the road, he was attacke by ghouls. Turns out, he carries dead bodies for a living, and now he was carrying infected bodies that attracted the monsters. Geralt told him to get rid of them and burn his clothes and stuff.

Much later, while on the road going to do some quest, I noticed the "!" on the map. Turns out it was that guy, now himself infected. He tried to offer himself to thr ghouls to end his suffering but they wouldn't take him. He asked geralt to ease his pain with his sword. And so he did.

Something else :

After doing the dreamer's quest, and if you lie to the banker about the ghost, there will be a new post on the signboard saying by the man who'll buy the hanted house, so you get to back to it again.
That quest was also neatly done to establish the relationship between Geralt and Ciri for those who didn't read the books, I liked it.

I'm really liking the Novigrad atmosphere, it's so believable, and the writing so sharp and on point.

Did the books ever expound on Skellige at all? (I remember Eist Tuirseach from The Last Wish, but don't recall much about their culture.) If yes, was it anything like in the game? Because this Rag nar Rooch and Freya shit is just awfully uncreative. And the people there; who the fuck would cut out his tongue just because he insulted the late king while drunk. Then there's Craven, suicide caused by failure, etc. And when someone tells them their culture is a load of horseshit, they respond: "Respect our customs, outsider!"
I hope the Nilfgaardians wipe them off the face of the earth. Then again, the Black Ones are very evil Germans or something, so they cannot but end up defeated.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Great idea to make a climbing and diving quest in a game with the worst controls & movement ever.

Skyrigge is bsb indeed. P. sure Sapkowski didn't invent these Samurai Vikings.

Cromwell

Arcane
And when someone tells them their culture is a load of horseshit, they respond: "Respect our customs, outsider!"
I hope the Nilfgaardians wipe them off the face of the earth. Then again, the Black Ones are very evil Germans or something, so they cannot but end up defeated.

What should they do instead if asked this question? Build geralt a house and offer him welfare money? Skellige is pretty charming in contrast to novigrad.

Perkel

Arcane
Did the books ever expound on Skellige at all? (I remember Eist Tuirseach from The Last Wish, but don't recall much about their culture.) If yes, was it anything like in the game? Because this Rag nar Rooch and Freya shit is just awfully uncreative. And the people there; who the fuck would cut out his tongue just because he insulted the late king while drunk. Then there's Craven, suicide caused by failure, etc. And when someone tells them their culture is a load of horseshit, they respond: "Respect our customs, outsider!"

Yes and game does use books lore.

As of uncreative. That is the whole point of Sapkowski witcher saga. He takes common tropes and work with it.
As for Ragnarok it wasn't in books. But Freya was.

As for Ard Skllige and stuff from books. Some trivia:
Yennefer and Crach (father of Cerys and Hjalmar) were earlier couple for a while (though it is mentioned not that was part of the books)

k-t

Novice
Ragh nar Roog is mentioned in the book "The Swallow's Tower", along with Freya and other bits of Skellige religious stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom