Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Expansion Thread

Perkel

Arcane
It is nice that every witcher contract can be started via actually visiting location instead of taking contract first.
So Geralt does little investigation finds out what the hell is going on here and then comments that "maybe there will be someone willing to pay me reward for it"

-----

lvl 6. Found diagram for mahacam steel sword lvl 40...

just killed wyvern lvl 18 while i was lvl 6. Took around 4-5 minutes.
What for?

It stud on my way.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Btw, that fanart looks hideous. Especially compared to the ingame art that really captures her. Character design is generally top notch indeed.

Now, you are just edgy. The second artwork is shit but the first artwork is a wallpaper provided by CD Projekt therefore claiming that is shit is just retarded.

It's clearly outsourced. Definitely not the work of the artist responsible for Ciri in game. The guy who did the wallpaper obviously doesn't get Ciri.
It's like he didn't give a shit about who she is as a person

And I thought I'm retarded.
JBX90R6.gif

Gerrard

Arcane
Killed a bunch of Nilfagaard soldiers.
Looted Wild Hunt Warrior's Axe and Temerian Special Forces insignia from them.
Makes sense.

Also, it appears that basilisks aren't very good at swimming.
eJkYtDl.jpg

It was still making noises though.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
A Deadly Plot
Fucking Thaler is in the game too. :love:
Is there not a character in this game who has appeared in the previous games who is not dead. Glad to see some more Broche too.

Shani? She was from Oxenfurt but I have done awfully few sidemissions there.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
A Deadly Plot
Fucking Thaler is in the game too. :love:
Is there not a character in this game who has appeared in the previous games who is not dead. Glad to see some more Broche too.

Shani? She was from Oxenfurt but I have done awfully few sidemissions there.
Shani is on the front patching the wounded soldiers for Temeria,you will get this info from a doctor that you will meet later in the game

Gerrard

Arcane
So that side quest with the compressed dude. Koral died at Sodden, and that was like 10 years ago by this point. They completely ignored all the side effects of the spell too this time around, it really is hard to not notice that with every game they give less and less of a shit about the source material and are just wishing they were making something original.

By the way, where the fuck do you find the recipe for the oil against Nekkers, I'm 50 hours in and still don't have it, I assume I missed some trader or something.

Cromwell

Arcane
I downloaded all the dlc stuff but still only get the normal haircuts, am I doing something wrong wioth the dlc or do you have to go to one specific barber to get it?

Dookins

Educated
Ogroid oil for nekkers, I think? If so, I think I found the basic recipe at Kiera's hut or just bought it from her. Also, shit, despite any misgivings I have about character progression or itemization, I still feel like replaying this damned thing. Guess it's one of those PST situations, even if the underlying systems suck the worldbuilding and writing draw you back in. Now if adrenaline sped up combat animations I wouldn't mind at all...

Also, there's not a whole lot of haircuts even with DLC, 6 in all.

bonescraper

So that side quest with the compressed dude. Koral died at Sodden, and that was like 10 years ago by this point.
Yes, because he totally couldn't spend over 10 years being compressed. You're trying really hard, but try harder.

Cromwell

Arcane
I downloaded all the dlc stuff but still only get the normal haircuts, am I doing something wrong wioth the dlc or do you have to go to one specific barber to get it?
Did you actually install the DLC? Because Galaxy actually downloads the install kit and doesn't do it automatically.

No I did not thanks, thought downloading was enough. I am at kaer morhan now, do I have to do all sidequests before the end or is it possible to play afterwards, or at least do it right before the end. Or is there a point of no return?

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Yesterday, I did a quest where there was a dungeon full of smelly cheese. I found a great sword that Geralt called the Emmentaler.

Gerrard

Arcane
Yeah, because it's somehow my fault they put invisible walls everywhere? Try not to choke on that CDPR dick.

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah, because it's somehow my fault they put invisible walls everywhere? Try not to choke on that CDPR dick.

What invisible walls ?

So far i didn't notice any. You can literally jump and climb on anything as long as it has ledge. There are some place where that ledge climbing doesn't work but overall most of buildings and so on are scalable.

I mean look at this park-our. AC doesn't have this shit even:

Lol i just noticed what dude says after that..

Perkel

Arcane
I mentioned later that game like to fallow on quest outcomes without strictly showing it but someone else found out something more on that:

Wlxb.jpg

I'm wondering if I'm about to hit the point of no return

Does taking Uma to Kaer Mohren lock me into the end-game?

Cromwell

Arcane

No but I dont know if theres a point of no return. You will leave kaer morhen again even if you only follow the main quest but also can do that at any time.

Perkel

Arcane

There are no points of no return in game aside from one mission and ending.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom