Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Expansion Thread

Perkel

Arcane
Doing my second playtrough as swordsman with mix of alchemy.
I have to say that skill tree seems a lot better now that i have more time to fiddle with it.
I need to play more with decotions. Seems awesome and i totally didn't use them last time/

There are some neat combos.
There is skill in alchemy tree that slows down time a lot on enemy counterattack as long as you are under influence of potion which really really really works well with Blizzard potion as it slows down time a lot overall. So fighting groups with this combo is really really really way easier than normally.

Perkel

Arcane
how many hours did your first playthrough take?

66h on death march. Though it was mainly mc and i did like 10% of sidequests and almost no witcher contracts nor did i craft or make a lot of potions (only standard stuff like swallow, thunderbold and few basic oils)
currently playing second playtrough.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Probably the same as me. Looking at every nook and cranny. Doing every quest that pops up. Actually listening to the conversations, paying attention in towns and reading every book. Basically taking your sweet time. Beats rushing through stuff, especially in a game as rich as this one. The amount of detail is awesome.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
This is what a lot of games lack. Even if you skip content it should be there, because it shows the quality of the game.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Probably the same as me. Looking at every nook and cranny. Doing every quest that pops up. Actually listening to the conversations, paying attention in towns and reading every book. Basically taking your sweet time. Beats rushing through stuff, especially in a game as rich as this one. The amount of fluff is awesome.

fixed

I would love to have positive things to say about the game but there are not too many

Lol. For me this is one of the best and most enjoyable games I've played in years. Goes to show.

You are easy to please.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
1909318_10153007443599331_4113769999350402441_o.jpg

Dookins

Educated
how many hours did your first playthrough take?

66h on death march. Though it was mainly mc and i did like 10% of sidequests and almost no witcher contracts nor did i craft or make a lot of potions (only standard stuff like swallow, thunderbold and few basic oils)
currently playing second playtrough.

You'll probably enjoy doing the sidequests, the amount of throwaway lines referencing the books is kinda nuts.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
70h on death march and I did almost all the quests I've found.

Bullshit.

18129254419_e8d437bd88_o.png

I stand correct. According to GoG there are 124h.

Edit: I'm sorry about this. The thing is that I've played the game offline and all the achievements/time is updated once you connect on GoG Galaxy. Last time I was connected, I was around 60 h therefore I assumed that I'm around 70 h but in reality I've played much more than that. Actually I've played this game for 5 days straight.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Seen quite a few of the fanart stuff. How come nobody can nail Ciri's vibe? Ordinarily pretty features, dull eyes. This is a face that doesn't radiate Ciri's regal charisma. Whoever designed the character in the game is a bloody genius.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I might be easiy to please but I don't spend days of my free time doing something I find shit for entertainment. Never get that. If I find a game shit, I uninstall and go find another. It's not like there isn't a smorgasbord to choose from. Anyway, while I do enjoy the fluff it is the attention to detail that really gets me. Seeing clouds gather in the distance for a storm to break out in one of my first hours of gameplay was pretty memorable. Same with seeing characters I saved before work on the fields or overhearing gossip in a village that I later traced back to a quest much further on. Love stuff like that.

Btw, that fanart looks hideous. Especially compared to the ingame art that really captures her. Character design is generally top notch indeed.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I might be easiy to please but I don't spend days of my free time doing something I find shit for entertainment. Never get that. If I find a game shit, I uninstall and go find another. It's not like there isn't a smorgasbord to choose from. Anyway, while I do enjoy the fluff it is the attention to detail that really gets me. Seeing clouds gather in the distance for a storm to break out in one of my first hours of gameplay was pretty memorable. Same with seeing characters I saved before work on the fields or overhearing gossip in a village that I later traced back to a quest much further on. Love stuff like that.

Btw, that fanart looks hideous. Especially compared to the ingame art that really captures her. Character design is generally top notch indeed.
Their artists have been on fucking point since W2.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I might be easiy to please but I don't spend days of my free time doing something I find shit for entertainment. Never get that. If I find a game shit, I uninstall and go find another.

Usually I do the same thing. But Witcher 3 is easily the biggest release of the year, I recently bought a new PC and I got a soft spot for free roaming games. Fuck it, I've finished all Risens and those are not stellar either.

Also the Baron quest-line was really good and I was hooked after 30h of playing it so I wanted to see how it ends. Overall, the game is mediocre but not offensively retarded like Skyrim. That's it.

Now, you are just edgy. The second artwork is shit but the first artwork is a wallpaper provided by CD Projekt therefore claiming that is shit is just retarded.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I was talking about that portrait. Anyway, only played about 24 or so hours. Who knows how I'll feel after a hunderd. Especially as I usually get burned out on games after playing them for a long time. Probably has to do with me normally only finding enough time to play a few hours a week.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Now, you are just edgy. The second artwork is shit but the first artwork is a wallpaper provided by CD Projekt therefore claiming that is shit is just retarded.

It's clearly outsourced. Definitely not the work of the artist responsible for Ciri in game. The guy who did the wallpaper obviously doesn't get Ciri.

made

Arcane
I'm 75 hours in, lvl 14, still dicking around in Velen, exploring every crook and cranny and doing Witcher contracts for fun and profit.
In fact, this is the witcherest Witcher game to date in terms of actual Witcher work - except that you have to suspend disbelief a bit when you're sitting on 10k gold but are haggling with villagers over 250g contracts.

PS: Ciri looks too much like that whore from Twilight.

Ninjerk

Arcane

It's clearly outsourced. Definitely not the work of the artist responsible for Ciri in game. The guy who did the wallpaper obviously doesn't get Ciri.
It's like he didn't give a shit about who she is as a person

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

It's like he didn't give a shit about who she is as a person

And I thought I'm retarded.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm 75 hours in, lvl 14, still dicking around in Velen, exploring every crook and cranny and doing Witcher contracts for fun and profit.
In fact, this is the witcherest Witcher game to date in terms of actual Witcher work - except that you have to suspend disbelief a bit when you're sitting on 10k gold but are haggling with villagers over 250g contracts.

Yeah, the haggling mechanics is obviously redundant. CDPR probably put it there because "we're doing the ultimate Witcher game and we have to throw everything in it".

But the economy is actually one of the few RPG elements CDPR hasn't completely bungled up in this game. There aren't many money sinks but whenever I change complete armor and weapon sets I'm glad I have my 20k stashed in. Them greater runestones are damn expensive and a very rare find. I can't even remember the last RPG where money didn't become utterly irrelevant half-way through.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom