Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Expansion Thread

bonescraper

Wow. 1.05 broke crafting. Now everything you make is unique, so you can't make more than 1 of each item. This way you can't (for example) make greater mutagens, because you can make only 1 medium mutagen. Great job, CDPR.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
It seems W3 patching is a class act.

funny-cat-14.jpg

DeepOcean

Arcane
Wow. 1.05 broke crafting. Now everything you make is unique, so you can't make more than 1 of each item. This way you can't (for example) make greater mutagens, because you can make only 1 medium mutagen. Great job, CDPR.
Do the potatoes play test those patches at all?:lol:

Gerrard

Arcane
Jesus Christ.

At least they changed some recipes so they no longer require Ekimma's skin.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
I guess this also means that you need to carry all those armor sets around if you want to upgrade them later on?

Version 1.02 worked near-perfectly for me save for the occasional freeze on the inventory screen (fixed it by removing the FPS limit). After that we've got a gigantic for the looting pop-up window, the XP bug, increased character pop-in and now this. I think I'll be waiting for 1.06 then, see if it fixes more than it breaks...

Last edited:

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Found that out also, a workaround is to drop the items of the same kind you are trying to make on the ground. This way you can make more than 1 of lets say Great green mutagen. So it's still possible...
This game has it share of stupid bugs...

And the character pop in is still there...

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
At what point should I load the game if I want to do the rest of the side quests? Before Isle of Mists? Or can just do them before the very last part mission starts.
Sneaking to the Milfgaard ship

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Just encountered a little nod to the first game by going to a seemingly random book merchant in the market place in Novigrad, you'll find a letter from Jacques de Aldersberg.

Also the last update fucked the alt-tabbing, apparently.

Last edited:

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
At what point should I load the game if I want to do the rest of the side quests?
You can do most of them even after finishing the game. Some specific quests become unavailable when you reach
the Isle of Mists,
but the game tells you about it and apparently you've passed that point already. The others can be done at any time, like right before the endgame (you'll know when it's the time for that).

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Why does the level headed Geralt behave like a total retard when he is around Yennefer? That is almost cringeworthy to watch. Not enjoying the Skellige bit so far.

Or is there something from the books I dont know about?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why does the level headed Geralt behave like a total retard when he is around Yennefer? That is almost cringeworthy to watch. Not enjoying the Skellige bit so far.

Yen has him by the balls.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron

Their relationship is... unusual. You do learn more about their backstory later on if you haven't read the books.

But yeah, Geralt's basically pussy whipped.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
I haven't updated this since the release version, guess it was a good idea.

And then people wonder why am I saying one should never update software :troll:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I guess this also means that you need to carry all those armor sets around if you want to upgrade them later on?

Version 1.02 worked near-perfectly for me save for the occasional freeze on the inventory screen (fixed it by removing the FPS limit). After that we've got a gigantic for the looting pop-up window, the XP bug, increased character pop-in and now this. I think I'll be waiting for 1.06 then, see if it fixes more than it breaks...

That. Or you can craft them from scratch.

Tigranes

Arcane

Their relationship is... unusual. You do learn more about their backstory later on if you haven't read the books.

But yeah, Geralt's basically pussy whipped.

Yeah, I haven't read the books, and the Geralt-Yennefer stuff is a lot more annoying than Geralt-Triss in former games, where Triss was still a classic manipulative sorceress bitch but there was a good dynamic going on and Geralt wasn't just going "yes OK pls don't withhold sex". At least this makes Cerys' trolling spot on, where every other line she'll ask you if Yennefer has approved his every action.

I'm basically skipping all the witcher contracts at this stage (level 20, did the 'first round' of major stuffs in Novigrad and what seems like all the major stuffs in Skellige) to avoid burning out. Skellige isn't as interesting to me because the potato "life is suffering" Velen is much more suitable for a Witcher game, while here it's harder to differentiate themselves from Skyrim roaaar Norse copypasta roarrr (why is it that every time people do a Norse thing they decide to literally copy and paste). The mask & boat sequences are also terribly boring.

Got to the sauna part. Best girl shows almost no skin, we get treated to some wrinkle tits instead.

No way they didn't do it on purpose.

:troll:

Gerrard

Arcane
You see the nice tits of the other young girl though.

There was a weirdly large amount of choices there that I'm pretty sure don't matter one bit later.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I'm basically skipping all the witcher contracts at this stage (level 20, did the 'first round' of major stuffs in Novigrad and what seems like all the major stuffs in Skellige) to avoid burning out. Skellige isn't as interesting to me because the potato "life is suffering" Velen is much more suitable for a Witcher game, while here it's harder to differentiate themselves from Skyrim roaaar Norse copypasta roarrr (why is it that every time people do a Norse thing they decide to literally copy and paste). The mask & boat sequences are also terribly boring.

Agreed. I enjoyed Skellige part, but it definitely could have benefited from some complex, emotionally charged quests with a serious moral quandary to boot - basically akin to The Tower of Mice or Blood Baron's story.

Alas, we've got what we have. Ain't that bad but it could have used some improvement.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Whose brilliant idea was it to introduce this completely fucking retarded level-gating where monsters 6 levels above you get a sudden ++++++++++++++++++ hp and damage boost? "Plz gain one more level to make this monster killable", what the fuck.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Whose brilliant idea was it to introduce this completely fucking retarded level-gating where monsters 6 levels above you get a sudden ++++++++++++++++++ hp and damage boost? "Plz gain one more level to make this monster killable", what the fuck.

I blame MMORPG "culture". Luckily not all monsters are like that. Indeed ones of the most memorable fights came from tackling opponents 6 levels + above mine.

My people used to wander freely on the great shop floor plains of the Electronics Boutiques and Virgin Megastores, hunting the herds of turn-based role-playing and strategy games. We lived in harmony with game mechanics, and the great publishing Sky Spirits were kind. But then the Derp Man came, with his storyfag firewater, and his shiny graphics beads, and his insipid console mechanics.

:trailoftears:

As a RPG The Wicther 3 is a monumental fucking turd. I'm hard pushed to find a single game mechanic in this seven-thousand hour long interactive movie that isn't broken on some level. This game is a blasphemous idol to all that's profane and dissolute in modern gaming, and if you like it then you're literally worse than Hitler. LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER. You fuckers. I hope you're proud of yourselves you dirty little shit monkeys.

The art design and direction is top notch. I've rarely seen better.
The writing great in parts, but only by the risibly low standards of vidya games.
In the English version, the voice acting is award worthy in places.
The landscape design is the best I've ever seen.

Everything else is utter shit. And by everything else I mean the gameplay. SHIT. SHIT. SHIT. SHIT wrapped up in shit with an extra helping of fucking shit. Fuck you apologists. This is a terrible game.

XP system: Fucking broken. Open world game where 80%+ of the XP is gated through the main quest. No. Broken. And fuck you if you say different. That system is indefensible in an open world game.
Character development: I spent exactly four attribute points to finish the game on next to highest difficulty. Four attribute points. That's all it took. And three of them were for dialogue choices. Even fucking Oblivion took more investment in the my character than this horseshit. This is the only 'RPG' I've ever played where character development is utterly irrelevant to finishing the game.
Itemization: It's all meaningless. Everything is junk apart from the Witcher set of your choice. Junk. All Junk. The level locking, which entails watching the endless cut-scenes of the main quest to unlock, ensures that even good gear is junk.
Combat: Roll, roll, hit, hit, roll, roll, hit, hit, quen, roll, roll, hit, hit. Wins Everything. Everything. Using other signs is practically LARPING.

Shit game. Made me vomit in my mouth a little. Decline of the Codex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom