Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Expansion Thread

Dookins

Educated
Can't help but notice it's always white people bringing that topic up. Is this some weird racial guilt thing?

Zeriel

Arcane
I wonder if college-age "intellectuals" like Lifschitz even know the meaning of the words they use. Does he understand what Anglo means?

Quatlo

Arcane
Heh, Lifschitz commented on this - http://www.reddit.com/r/GamerGhazi/...ussion_on_the_witcher_race_and_poland/crvqg53

Funny part is when he marks Slavic regions as Anglo. Poor Witcher games always have to cause a fuss whether it's for drawing of tits (some were nice) or absence of non-whites, hehe.

He said "(a game which, BTW, I fully intend to play the hell out of when I finally get the console)"

He is obviously not a Pole and only pretending to be one, no self respecting Pole would buy any of the modern consoles. He only has Polish roots, probably stolen from a gulag and sold for a pack of smokes.

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Isn't it just one of those silly Yankee things where to make up for their lack of history as a nation, some of them just go "Yeah, I'm 12,5% Russian, 12,5% French, 25% Italian, 5% German, 20% English and there's some Polish blood in me somewhere to. That means I like eating Pizza with snails and borscht, I'm very anal about order and I speak English."?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Isn't it just one of those silly Yankee things where to make up for their lack of history as a nation, some of them just go "Yeah, I'm 12,5% Russian, 12,5% French, 25% Italian, 5% German, 20% English and there's some Polish blood in me somewhere to. That means I like eating Pizza with snails and borscht, I'm very anal about order and I speak English."?

Primary it's about political correction and putting people of the color somewhere, where they don't belong. Who care about common sense when you have orders. You need to have 33% of white, 33% of black and then 33% of asians even in the lands where they exist in ~1%.
Then yankee historical illiteracy ("Slavic mythology isn’t really a thing" or "Slavs are Anglo").
And then it's something you described.

The more people trying to scratch that - the more mistakes goes to the surface, more awkwardness. More idiocracy. More poops reaching the surface of the pool.

And everyone are egocentric in their demands ("Include mah rase hiere!!1") that didn't stopped them from offending Potatoes and Slavs. Maybe because they're white. Yeah, that must be the reason.

Last edited:

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Can't help but notice it's always white people bringing that topic up. Is this some weird racial guilt thing?
Of course it is.
I call it "The postcolonial hangover"

Only SJWs have that. Most of us Aryan whites literally have 0 fucks to give about what our ancestors oppressed centuries ago. Also, fuck you weaklings for letting them oppress you, I'd do the same in their stead. Colonies: 10/10 would oppress again.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Patch 1.05 is out.

Patch 1.05 has just gone LIVE for PC and should be available for download everywhere now. Please find the complete list of changes below:
  • Fixes a possible exploit by preventing certain drowners from respawning infinitely.
  • Improves the distribution of experience points gained by completing quests with recommended levels lower than the player character level.
  • Merchants now offer more weapon types.
  • Rebalances the prices of maps that can be purchased from merchants.
  • Clarifies a number of crafting diagrams.
  • Fixes an exploit whereby players could buy sea shells and sell the pearls inside them at a higher price.
  • Increases the variety of loot dropped throughout the game.
  • Increases the variety of items available in shops.
  • Shops now only offer weapons with levels matching or exceeding the player character level.
  • Slightly reduces the amount of coin dropped from chests and monsters.
  • Deploys the Bovine Defense Force Initiative.
  • Fixes an issue where runestones could not be upgraded to greater runestones.
  • Reduces the spawn time of selected groups of NPCs.
  • Geralt no longer interacts with candles placed near chests and other openable objects.
  • Improves the smoothness of camera movement.
  • Fixes a number of issues related to horseback riding.
  • Fixes an issue where the player could not deflect arrows/bolts at longer distances.
  • Introduces a number of fixes in in-game communities.
  • Introduces a number of fixes related to combat.
  • Vitality begins to drop if Toxicity exceeds 80%, as originally intended.
  • Fixes an issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach.
  • Improves Geralt's movement, especially when he swims.
  • Fixes an issue whereby Geralt could be attached to a sinking boat while aiming his crossbow.
  • Fixes a number of issues related to Vitality regeneration.
  • Fixes an issue whereby certain actions could be randomly blocked during gameplay.
  • Fixes a rare issue whereby Geralt could not mount Roach after fast travelling between points.
  • Fixes a number of minor tooltip and wording bugs.
  • Adds a series of color-blind friendly features. Improves visibility of tracks, marks, footprints and scent clues. Color-blind friendly features can be enabled in the Options\Gamplay submenu.
  • Introduces a number of additional fixes to alt + tabbing.
  • Fixes an issue where The Witcher 3 process did not close properly if the user did not have XAUDIO installed.
  • Introduces a number of general stability and performance improvements.
  • Fixes an issue where in certain situations the game could crash while a save was being loaded.
  • Adds some missing translations in localized versions.
  • Ciri can no longer unlock fast travel points.
  • Improves the behavior of sails when viewed from longer distances.
  • Improves performance in selected scenes and cutscenes.
  • Fixes an issue where clouds and fog could flicker on some hardware configurations.
  • Fixes an issue where Geralt could pass through walls in the fish market in Novigrad.
  • Removes repeated sound cues on entry into GUI panels a second time.
  • Adds a collision near Kaer Gelen that could cause the player to be blocked inside the building.
  • Improves the scale of selected elements of the GUI and HUD.
  • Introduces a number of bug fixes and user experience improvements in the GUI panels.
  • Introduces a number of small changes in the UI for gwent.
  • Improves the alignment of the HUD for the 21:9, 4:3 and 5:4 screen ratios.
  • Disables "Input device changed" messages and adds options to disable on-screen combat feedback and floating tags above NPCs.
  • Adds an information prompt and Journal entries related to new DLC packages.
  • Fixes an issue where some formulae were not displayed in the Alchemy panel when the player possessed level 1 of said formulae.
  • Introduces a number of fixes in key bindings.
  • Introduces new filters for the Alchemy and Crafting panels.
  • Fixes a number of minor issues where music tracks were not triggered in their designated locations.
  • Fixes an issue where some players could not interact with an object during the Pyres of Novigrad quest.
  • Fixes an issue where some players could not make Geralt run after the Wandering in the Dark quest.
  • Fixes an issue where players could not talk to Octo after the Lord of Undvik quest.
  • Reduces the number of Wild Hunt minions spawned during the Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
  • Fixes an issue where Keira could sometimes fall beneath the terrain during the Wandering in the Dark quest.
  • Fixes an issue where certain actions were blocked during the Blindingly Obvious quest.
  • Fixes an issue where the player could not activate a portal during the Wandering in the Dark quest.
  • Fixes an issue where the player could get trapped in the ruins of Tuirseach Castle.
  • Geralt can now always play gwent with Madame Serenity.
  • Fixes an issue where Vernon Roche would not appear at the Hanged Man's Tree during the Eye for an Eye quest.
  • Fixes an issue where the player could not talk or otherwise interact with certain NPCs.
  • Fixes an issue where the sirens in the Lord of Undvik quest could be invincible.
  • Fixes an issue where the player could not perform certain actions after the Carnal Sins quest.
  • Fixes an issue where some players experienced an infinite loading screen during the King's Gambit quest.
  • Fixes an issue where the player could experience a progression break after choosing a certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in the Count Reuven's Treasure quest.
  • Fixes an issue where Simun did not spawn properly during the Unpaid Debt quest.
  • Fixes an issue in the Contract: The Oxenfurt Drunk quest where the katakan was not hostile after being lured.
  • Fixes an issue in the Contract: Shrieker quest where the shrieker was not hostile in certain situations.
  • Fixes an issue where the player could not perform certain actions in the Master of the Arena quest.
  • Fixes an issue where wolves were not visible in the Contract: Mysterious Tracks quest.
  • Fixes an issue where the player could not fast travel under certain rare circumstances.
  • Fixes an issue where the player could not interact with Hattori during the Swords and Dumplings quest.
  • The player can no longer take on the Apiarian Phantom contract multiple times.
  • Fixes an issue where some players could not progress during the Broken Flowers quest.
  • Fixes an issue whereby the "Novigrad, Closed City" entry might have remained in the Journal indefinitely.
  • Fixes an issue in the Return to Crookback Bog quest where monsters were spawned inside a building.
  • Players can no longer prematurely obtain a key from a halfling, thus blocking the Contract: The Apiarian Phantom quest.
  • Fixes an issue in the Greedy God quest where the player could kill a monster twice.
  • Adds fail-safes for players being unable to obtain gwent cards after Dijkstra or Lambert can no longer be found in the game.
  • Fixes an issue whereby Triss could get stuck on a set of stairs after a scene during the Now or Never quest.
  • Fixes an issue where Ermion could not leave Lugos' area during the Sunstone quest.

BelisariuS.F

Augur
Mighty Adrian Chmielarz answered to that article with his own
https://medium.com/@adrianchm/on-the-witcher-3-and-racial-quotas-in-art-e6a9f594439

So much laugh at people demanding multigender/multicolor people in wrong game, where doing it make the game ridicilous for common sense.

Developers should stop arguing about this completely ridiculous issue of representation in gaming and start to simply ignore it. Gaming industry is not some organization that was formed to represent people somewhere (like, for example, consumer organization which should represent consumer interests before the government), which you can criticize if it doesn't represent you. By default game developers have zero obligation to represent anyone in their own games. If someone have a need to somehow feel represented in some game, then that is a personal problem of this person, not of the developers of this game. Sufficient answer for those accusations that some race is not represented in some game should be "we don't have any extrinsic obligation to represent anyone or anything in our games and we don't have to explain ourselves before anyone who claims that someone or something is not represented in our game".

Gerrard

Arcane
I wonder if this means they fixed the loot tables so that containers no longer contain alkahest and dwarven spirits instead of "normal" alcohols. Otherwise those recipes to make them are completely pointless, the only thing you have to make is White Gull.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
  • Fixes an issue where the player could get trapped in the ruins of Tuirseach Castle.

Great. Because I just stopped playing today, because of this shit.

Gerrard

Arcane
If you need to use exploits for money in this game then you have serious problems.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Heh, they released Nilfgaard set armor now. Full Medium Level 10 Armor Set.
Lots of grumbling in the players cause they're way past that level range by now.
I'm not sure why CDPR doesn't add an upgrading recipes for these DLC armor. I'd love to try them, but it's pretty pointless for your level 20 characters and above to wear them.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
This patch nerfes the alchemists so-o-o severely and undeservedly. They were pretty far from being imba and now for decoction alch it's only 2 decoctions vs 3 (and mind you, you need to invest a lot into the alchemy to use that safely) and for the endless blizzard delayed recovery alch it's a question of careful balancing between 70% and 84% of max toxicity. The poisoning threshold being lowered from 95% to 80% hurts a lot. Also makes alchemist's rank-1 skills even more worthless that they were. Ugh.

ED: luckily, it's sorta false alarm - they've nerfed the threshold, true, but Heightened Tolerance got buffed (which isn't mentioned in the patch) - now it's 5% of increase instead of just 1%.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Yes. It's VERY popular in america. Meanwhile in Poland there weren't many - if any - black slaves, so they have nothing to feel guilty for. Yet, they have to feel guilty. Because they are white. It's the color of their skin that matters, not their actual ethnic history. See how that works? Welcome to american political correctness.

1*EtsloYpOs4mG3qXVzairog.png
have6unicorn_1446594.jpg

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is this supposed to be way harder than Dark Souls?

I've beaten Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne no problem, but I quit The Witcher and 2 because I hated their combat. The combat feels better in 3, but it's still incredibly difficult. The fact that Geralt handles loose and there's a bit of a delay when doing things like rolling out of the way, enemies killing you in a few hits, not being able to instantly heal and having to buy tons of food and then run away from enemies while you scarf it down between hits, not being able to dodge every attack because they hit you right after hitting them, etc. means that this game is too hard even on Easy. Is there something I'm not getting about this game? People say use potions and oils but I never have the ingredients for them and even when I do they don't negate any of the problems I mentioned. I've wanted to like these games since the first one, but the combat systems seem determined to be too convoluted and difficult to allow me to.

Hmm, and I thought Dark Souls 2 was a hard game, atleast that's what I've heard. If Withcer 3 is harder, then Dark Souls must be a very easy game...

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Funny, on account of me being sick as fuck and with TW3 completed, I was bored stiff. So I said hey, let's watch dat TV show everybody's shitting on.

And you know what, I had a modicum of fun watching the first episode. Sure it's cheap and cheesy but tell you what...it's got better vibe than both TW2 and TW3. Dark, grimy, bleak. Haven't read the books but somehow I feel that's what Sapkowski had in mind while writing them.

The games feel heavily disneyzed, blockbusterized in comparison. Perhaps CDPR felt they wouldn't sell otherwise. I'm not sure. Fact is, everybody's heaping the highest prase on Act IV in TW1 and Ladies of the Woods in TW3 - exactly the places where the Slavic folklore is the strongest.

Anyway let's watch more episodes and see if I can get over the hysterical sfx that are surely to come.

IqmtkrvLYtCr.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Funny, on account of me being sick as fuck and with TW3 completed, I was bored stiff. So I said hey, let's watch dat TV show everybody's shitting on.

And you know what, I had a modicum of fun watching the first episode. Sure it's cheap and cheesy but tell you what...it's got better vibe than both TW2 and TW3. Dark, grimy, bleak. Haven't read the books but somehow I feel that's what Sapkowski had in mind while writing them.

The games feel heavily disneyzed, blockbusterized in comparison. Perhaps CDPR felt they wouldn't sell otherwise. I'm not sure. Fact is, everybody's heaping the highest prase on Act IV in TW1 and Ladies of the Woods in TW3 - exactly the places where the Slavic folklore is the strongest.

Anyway let's watch more episodes and see if I can get over the hysterical sfx that are surely to come.

IqmtkrvLYtCr.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

What show is that?

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Ohh snap. I saw it like 5 years ago. But I still don't remember that dinosaur.

"Golden dragon". No worries - in this movie they can be easily confused. :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom