Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
6Y2cxBw.png
is this a joke, because I find it difficult to laugh at

This should be a new Witcher avatar to the forum.

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I like this performance by Duan. The song is called Skellige, and it was included on the original Witcher soundtrack. Skellige is one of the locations we can visit in W3.

Ptosio

Arcane
6Y2cxBw.png
is this a joke, because I find it difficult to laugh at

Errr, it's a joke playing on the stereotypical hairstyle of Potato nobility from 17th century, popularized by the writer Henryk Sienkiewicz whose "Trilogy" was a bit of a Witcher of its times (you now, spurring reactions from "OMFG look how cool he swings his sword" to POLANT STRONK). Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword is loosely based on the world created in his novel of said title.

tumblr_m98ghxLIB81rd6ldlo1_500.jpg

I'd say it's mildly funny

Oh yeah Severance is not RPG, it is action game just like Souls games. But it had really enjoyable combat system and great atmosphere.

Well, so I guess it's not for me:/ Even if I'd really enjoy the combat system, if the game is combat, combat, cutscene, combat it'll get boring pretty fast. Now if said combat would serve as a pleasant distraction between doing RPG stuff, that's another story... Maybe I'd install it in my free time just to check if I like their way of sword slashing, but that's it. I've tried playing games like Enclave or DMoM&M but always got bored as hell before finishing.
As for TW3, I don't have particularly high hopes, I've read in the previews it's just slightly improved TW2 system, which may turn okayish, but still pretty lackluster. What I'd like to see implemented is something akin to the system in Batman for example.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Well, so I guess it's not for me:/ Even if I'd really enjoy the combat system, if the game is combat, combat, cutscene, combat it'll get boring pretty fast. Now if said combat would serve as a pleasant distraction between doing RPG stuff, that's another story... Maybe I'd install it in my free time just to check if I like their way of sword slashing, but that's it. I've tried playing games like Enclave or DMoM&M but always got bored as hell before finishing.
As for TW3, I don't have particularly high hopes, I've read in the previews it's just slightly improved TW2 system, which may turn okayish, but still pretty lackluster. What I'd like to see implemented is something akin to the system in Batman for example.

Eh, there are almost no cutscenes in Severance, only very short ones at start of levels.
I actually recorded a gameplay video from the GOG version two years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDNmNjXmhKs

It is start of the game so I am somewhat lame at it and there aren't many moves available yet.
It is definitely an action game though, so if you need some RPG elements it probably wont be for you. I struggled to finish it sometimes, but did it.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's 200 hours now?
They are saying 200 and more for completionists. 100 or so for normal people.
That probably means it will take about 50-60 hours for an average Joe to finish the game along with most of the sidequests.

Wasn't Skyrim 300 hours long according to Bethesda? I've never actually played it, but I kind of doubt it took actually so long to finish (even with all the sidequests).

Dragon Age 3 was supposed to have 50 hours long main storyline and 100 hours of sidequests and it took me 55 hours to do MQ and most of the sidequests (Though I later stopped closing the Oblivion gates "breaches" because it was just pointless mashing).

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I spent 60 hrs before deleting it. Did main quests, some side quests and guildlines. Im sure if you do everything it will take longer, maybe 300 hrs

Paul_cz

Arcane
That probably means it will take about 50-60 hours for an average Joe to finish the game along with most of the sidequests.

Wasn't Skyrim 300 hours long according to Bethesda? I've never actually played it, but I kind of doubt it took actually so long to finish (even with all the sidequests).

Dragon Age 3 was supposed to have 50 hours long main storyline and 100 hours of sidequests and it took me 55 hours to do MQ and most of the sidequests (Though I later stopped closing the Oblivion gates "breaches" because it was just pointless mashing).

I actually finished Skyrim and most of its sidequests and the final time was 170 hours.
I do not consider it a fantastic game, but enjoyed its atmosphere and had fun with it.
I have no doubt I will spend more time in TW3 though.

Lios

Cipher
maybe i'll play it in 2020 when I'll buy a better rig
don't care for TW3 though, just passing by to say that Killing Joke pulverize galaxies

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Let us get back to graphic whoring

635563105727941249.jpg

nws_witcher3_screenshot2.jpg

347088-117819-product_original-gra-ps4-wiedzmin-3-dziki-gon-pre-order.jpg

10842250_1557040834539457_7712292122804202431_o.jpg

Wiedzmin-3-Dziki-Gon-a3.jpg

170632.1426694792.jpg

9trIMRp.jpg

temp.png

16ea40e305b1408e20550a16f8960cd1.jpg

Wiedzmin-3-Dziki-Gon-b2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lios

Cipher
This game looks tasty but demands things an average rig can't give
That's why The Witcher series is female at heart and not macho-rapey like those social justice whiners think

In order to play TW2 with lowest graphics possible I still had to resort to nearly tiny windowed mode
I felt like a peeping tom which was fitting given that in the horizon I could discern blood and tits

I finished the game btw some levels of myopia richer
then went back to 7th saga

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom