Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gerrard

Arcane
These game screenshots (without the logo) look like taken from youtube or some stream. They're blurry as shit.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
How the hell did those polish bastards achieve something like this with 15 mils, yet every retarded major studio can't do jack shit with 50-60 mils ?
Looks pretty but first let's see those 200h worth of content...

pippin

How the hell did those polish bastards achieve something like this with 15 mils, yet every retarded major studio can't do jack shit with 50-60 mils ?
Looks pretty but first let's see those 200h worth of content...

Wódka? :P

darthaegis

Cipher
It reminds me quite a lot of Assassin's Creed with the first mission being "follow this guy". Fortunately Vesemir doesn't seem to be slow as fuck in horseback like most people in Assassin's Creed Missions. Let's just hope there aren't that many "follow" missions.

Gerrard

Arcane
>game plays better with a controller
>guy has trouble riding and looking to the side at the same time

Paul_cz

Arcane
Looks fucking great atmosphere wise. RDR vibes, except this is much more ambitious than RDR.

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Concerning to see all those icons light up on the minimap like a christmas tree. They initially referenced the Gothic series a lot when it came to the open world design, and there are cool things like the bandits apparently having some sort of NPC schedule, but it would be a waste if they designed it around the minimap like a Ubisoft Collect-a-thon.

Otherwise it was encouraging to see a shitty village (I mean this as a compliment) like in Witcher 1 as one of the first places to visit. I also liked to see the deliberately unsophisticated writing style from Witcher 2 make a return in the notice board quests.

Perkel

Arcane
Unicorn ? Heh looks like Yennefer didn't loose her memory.

Thoughts on video:

- As per usually stellar writing
- Combat is waaaaaay faster than in any other video they showed and looks waaaay better than in TW2
- They reworked UI. It isn't anymore that yellowish UI but purely black and seems to have Geralt 3d model to see what you equip in it. On other hand they could create 2 different UIs one for PC and one for consoles...
- It was taken from PC version. Looks v good
- Ton of limb cutting. Decapitations, hand leg cuts, in half from horseback.
- Geralt mostly does sidesteps when he fights but also rolls
- loot galore but it seems that there is finite GRID based inventory (looks like they listened to compains about TW2 list based inventory)
- fight animations are really well done. They seem to mash waay better than in TW2 and they completely lost those ankward moments where Geralt did nothing between animations (especially if you used signs). He cast signs and mixes it with swordfighting without ankwardness.
- that shitty small village had more NPCs, buildings and it was bigger than any other "city" in Skyrim

and that was on xbone, gotta buy dat r9 390

It was on PC. Dev on twitter confirmed. Mix if high and ultra.

Either way aside from IGN shitty vid quality it looked v good.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

i see xbox icons everywhere, but if this was PC i'm not impressed.

GloomFrost

Arcane

i see xbox icons everywhere, but if this was PC i'm not impressed.
85d73a049345a2eb45c8cce28e26a49e.png
Sorry about that.

randir14

Augur
I like the fighting animations. From the little things like kicking his opponent away after a parry, to slicing people in half.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Concerning to see all those icons light up on the minimap like a christmas tree. They initially referenced the Gothic series a lot when it came to the open world design, and there are cool things like the bandits apparently having some sort of NPC schedule, but it would be a waste if they designed it around the minimap like a Ubisoft Collect-a-thon.

Otherwise it was encouraging to see a shitty village (I mean this as a compliment) like in Witcher 1 as one of the first places to visit. I also liked to see the deliberately unsophisticated writing style from Witcher 2 make a return in the notice board quests.

It was confirmed that the quest markers can be turned off.
What remains to see is the quality of the journal, in terms of writing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom