Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Combat worked fine,
:what: Alright i am done here:salute::cry:

Just to remind you :smug::

it's a poor impression of the Souls games. The combat doesn't work in a physical space with hitboxes like in Dark Souls, even if your sword goes through an enemy it won't hit him if you're targeting someone else. Conversely, if an enemy is targeting you his attacks will often hit you even if they don't make physical contact. It's more World of Warcraft than it is Dark Souls.

http://minus.com/lghcbf0gsEY9g

:smug:

Sykar

Arcane
I never played or cared for DS. But yeah, you are done here. What does it even matter if TW2 is worse DS combat? Still better than shitty HP popamole crap of ME 2 or the dull sluggish boring RTwP spamfest of DA:O with some of the most shitty animations for spells and especially staff attacks. Not even gonna bother bringing up the second shittiest game of all time after Oblividerp in Dragon Turd 2.

Oh and by the way, Witcher 2 came out in 2011, just like DS 1. So how the hell can TW2 be a bad imitation when the developers couldn't even play it during TW 2 development?

Mass Effect 2 and 3 are better games than The Witcher 2. A lot of people say CDPR is better than Bioware and only thing better in their games that I can see is overall writing quality. Quality of game design is way lower than Bioware stuff, which is at least consistently mediocre.

Mass Effect 2 is a disgrace. Never played ME 3 so I won't comment in it, but ME 2 is a shitty space soap opera with pseudo edgy dark bullshit story, romance with a fucking android and Joker, with references to Shepard being essentially Jesus for crying out loud. The worst you can say about Geralt is that he is a medieval Jame Bond.
Combat? What's fun about combat boiling down to running into non destructible cover -> spam the same 2 abilities over and over and pray that your companion AI doesn't derp around yet again.

Additionally W2 has an entire character progression line that's pretty much worthless because of the way they chose to handle potion drinking. No such trap builds in Bioware games.

Yeah, since choices are so meaningful when the only choice many characters builds are offering in ME 2 are spamming same 2 CDs over and over and over and over.

And what is that trying to prove? Looks shit.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane

Darkzone

Arcane
Sorry but me2/me3 combat is popamole done right. Tw2 combat is shitty imitation of dark souls. Even fuckng DAO had better combat.
Sorry but that doesn't make sense since TW2 was released in may of 2011, while Dark Souls was released in september / october 2011. If anything then this is the opposite case.

Gerrard

Arcane
If you had any problems with TW2 combat you should probably stick to turn based games, because you're shit.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
And all i did in tw2 was quen-roll-fast attack :lol: and prime difficulty in tw2 came from potatoes unability to code working combat system:salute:

Yes. This is how you have to fight. What's the problem in that?

The problems in that combat system were:

Hitbox
Spammable roll
Unbalanced Skills
Some input lag.

Last edited:
Sorry but me2/me3 combat is popamole done right. Tw2 combat is shitty imitation of dark souls. Even fuckng DAO had better combat.
Sorry but that doesn't make sense since TW2 was released in may of 2011, while Dark Souls was released in september / october 2011. If anything then this is the opposite case.
I said dark souls cause most faggs here never heard about demons souls

http://www.vg247.com/2011/04/04/cd-projekt-the-witcher-2-takes-inspiration-from-demons-souls/

They still claim they take inspiration from dark souls for tw3:M

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...-Souls-big-influence-CD-Projekt-RED-Wild-Hunt

Lots of buzzwords as always with cdprojekt

If you had any problems with TW2 combat you should probably stick to turn based games, because you're shit.
I did not have problem beating this game on dark mode difficutly. Its still shitty designed combat system

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

Sykar

Arcane
I heard of Demon Souls and it caused as much interest as DS, in one word: zero.

I did not have problem beating this game on dark mode difficutly. Its still shitty designed combat system

ME 2 and DA 2 are abysmal in comparison. Furthermore TW2 was a clear improvement over TW1 which had really bad floaty melee combat, and that's what I care about: Can the series improve or does it decline? TW2 is better than TW1 in almost every aspect sans Silver Swords.

Gerrard

Arcane
But when the controls are shitty and unresponsive in DS, that's on purpose.

DS fanbase is the equivalent of MLP fanbase.

But when the controls are shitty and unresponsive in DS, that's on purpose.

DS fanbase is the equivalent of MLP fanbase.
no you fucking retard. Ds was designed with controler in mind and had rushed port to pc (thanks to a fucking online petition) with rather lackluster kb+m controls. Ds controls on consoles are neither shitty nor unresponsive. Ds2 had none of this problems:smug:

Meanwhile tw2 was supposedly designed with pc as a main platform and than was released with typical for consoles ui and controls were much better and responsive with xbox controler than with kb+m :lol:

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
no you fucking retard. Ds was designed with controler in mind and had rushed port to pc (thanks to a fucking online petition) with rather lackluster kb+m controls. Ds controls on consoles are neither shitty nor unresponsive. Ds2 had none of this problems:smug:

LOL
Combat system in Dark Souls is unresponsive, with a shitty camera management and a shitty collisions detection.

But this is not a problem. Because Dark Souls is not an Action game, but a dungeon crawl.

I don't get it, what is unresponsive about Dark Souls combat? I never had this feeling in alll of my 200+ hours of playing it.

Meanwhile tw2 was supposedly designed with pc as a main platform and than was released with typical for consoles ui and controls were much better and responsive with xbox controler than with kb+m :lol:

You sure about that? Because I did try it with xbox pad and it was way worse than kb/m. Way less responsive, inventory was a pain in the ass to use and EVEN FUCKING RADIAL MENU worked much better with mouse. Which I found to be hilarious because it sure looks like a game made for gamepads. Granted I tried the pad when I was trying out that "combat rebalance" shit su maybe that mod fucked up gamepad controls.

Dont know about rebalance mod/ee version but launch version was way better wth xbox controler. Even the promo videos shows xbox360 buttons:lol: the input lag on kb+m on launch was fucking awful.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Mouse acceleration was still very noticeable the last time I tried to play TW2 a year ago. Mostly in the inventory/journal. No luck turning it off via .cfg files.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Dont know about rebalance mod/ee version but launch version was way better wth xbox controler. Even the promo videos shows xbox360 buttons:lol: the input lag on kb+m on launch was fucking awful.

The rebalance mod is awful.
I never played the launch version of the game (I played only the Enhanced Edition). There is still some input lag, but is not too much game breaking, so I guess they have reduced it.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
The expansions are day minus 30 retard since you can buy them month before games release :happytrollboy:

Why would anyone be upset about a company announcing planned future content and allowing you to preorder at a discount.

I really hope you are trolling, some of the shit you say is so :retarded:

no you fucking retard.

Irony doesn't even begin to scratch the surface..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom