Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Not enough hands in all of existence to facepalm with.
facepalm1-s2893x1875-63744.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
why do people never seem to realise that any time a developer shows off their games 1-2 years before a release, it's just a vertical slice. Those downgrade shots are what they wanted the final product to look like, and things change in development, for the better. Who the fuck cares anyways? cRPGS aren't about graphics
Witcher games are CRPGS?

Tytus

Arcane
Guys, you do all are aware that automobile thing is from the comment section and not from the review right? And that the guy was making fun of the review itself comparing wanting blacks in the game to wanting cars. Or are you more retarded than I thought?

Beowulf

Arcane
Guys, you do all are aware that automobile thing is from the comment section and not from the review right? And that the guy was making fun of the review itself comparing wanting blacks in the game to wanting cars. Or are you more retarded than I thought?

And then they still say they play games for the story and care about writing.

On the other hand, it's polygon, I can't blame anyone for not wanting to actually read anything there.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

At the end look at the cave, the graphics look better than on consoles and it's with ultra and not uber which you can set in xml.

Maybe the graphics on uber will look close to what we have seen! here's hoping.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What "automobile" thing, I def saw the journolol complain about vegan and horse-slavs.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
why do people never seem to realise that any time a developer shows off their games 1-2 years before a release, it's just a vertical slice. Those downgrade shots are what they wanted the final product to look like, and things change in development, for the better. Who the fuck cares anyways? cRPGS aren't about graphics
Witcher games are CRPGS?

Not really sure. TW2 was really a machinima-driven visual novel, with a few, pesky, interactive combat sequences.

naossano

Cipher

I want to play a black Geralt. And a Gayralt too. And a female Geralt. Those games should take into account my agency...

Tytus

Arcane
What "automobile" thing, I def saw the journolol complain about vegan and horse-slavs.

The Witcher 3 is a mixed bag. The gameplay is fun, the graphics are nice, the story is deep and interesting but it’s almost as if the developers went out of their way not to depict any automobiles. Sure you could argue that the game takes place in a time before such technological advancements but it’s a fantasy game depicting magic and all sorts of unrealistic beasts so there is really no excuse why there couldn’t be cars or at least a motorbike. Also there is a wide variety of food items available to restore your vitality but most of these items are forms of meat dishes.. making the game unnecessarily difficult for vegans on higher difficulties. The writers of The Witcher 3 also failed to address the social and financial difficulties of being a single father which I found distracting and unfortunate. Ultimately The Witcher 3 is a good game that falls short in a few key areas and may only be worth your time if you are a bachelor who prefers the outdated transportation method of enslaving horses and who feasts on an abundance of meat.

Vegan horses were part of a larger paragraf that wasn't in the review it was in the comment section. Some guy was making fun of the reviewer. Stop being retarded.

(Although don't stop giving me brofists :P )

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

Tytus

Arcane

I want to play a black Geralt. And a Gayralt too. And a female Geralt. Those games should take into account my agency...

Geralt can't be gay though. He is a Witcher and because of his mutations he can't suffer from any ilnesses.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Guys I could've sworn Beowulf posted something...
But it was deleted. It's strange.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Vegan horses were part of a larger paragraf that wasn't in the review it was in the comment section. Some guy was making fun of the reviewer. Stop being retarded.

(Although don't stop giving me brofists :P )
You're right, my mistake.

He did say attacking in kurwa 2 costs stamina though.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
There's also this delicious footnote in the Polygon review:

In our time with the game, we saw significant technical issues, including hard crashes, endless load screens, major framerate drops both at random and during more crowded fight scenes, and failures by the game to trigger event scripts which would halt forward progress within a quest until the game was reloaded, or, on occasion, the console restarted entirely.
CD Projekt's review documentation stated that there were a number of bugs on their list to be addressed in time for the retail release of the game, but at this time, we cannot speak confidently as to the release state of The Witcher 3 in this review. As such, this score will remain provisional until we have a clearer understanding of the game's reliability at launch.

Problem, potatoes?
:troll:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
There's also this delicious footnote in the Polygon review:

In our time with the game, we saw significant technical issues, including hard crashes, endless load screens, major framerate drops both at random and during more crowded fight scenes, and failures by the game to trigger event scripts which would halt forward progress within a quest until the game was reloaded, or, on occasion, the console restarted entirely.
CD Projekt's review documentation stated that there were a number of bugs on their list to be addressed in time for the retail release of the game, but at this time, we cannot speak confidently as to the release state of The Witcher 3 in this review. As such, this score will remain provisional until we have a clearer understanding of the game's reliability at launch.

Problem, potatoes?
:troll:
About what, about them making place for backpedaling?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Does shit like that matter when they gave them an 8/10 or whatever inflated score they put up?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's going to be interesting to see how buggy this is on release :smug:
Maybe the crashes will distract PC master peasants from noticing the graphic downgrade.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom