Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Tolkien ripped off Gandalf's appearance from a postcard, therefore the whole LotR uses plagiarism. :M

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I don't think this will compete even come close to competing with Skyrim in terms of RPG mechanics.
If Skyrim/Oblivion is the goal to shoot for for an RPG, I think I'll take an decent action game. Though I really hope they can bring some character advancement in to it. I don't want three trees that play the same again and those dialogue skills were completely retarded, they shouldn't have bothered. Hopefully they make alchemy important and fun to use this time as well.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
It's not a decent action game. Since when spamming LMB till a fucker dies with occasional shitty kill-cam is being decent?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's not a decent action game. Since when spamming LMB till a fucker dies with occasional shitty kill-cam is being decent?

Well play a different style?

If you play a sneaky archer it basically plays like Thief for 20 levels, then you're a God.

And besides what else is a decent action game but one that looks and plays fine and has a lot of action in it? Has the Codex arrived at the point where "decent" is amazing praise when applied to a modern game?

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
Yeah, shoot arrows with LMB. And fire into oil pools that seem to be in the every fucking dungeon. It's Thief gameplay all right!

Dumb shit.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, shoot arrows with LMB. And fire into oil pools that seem to be in the every fucking dungeon. It's Thief gameplay all right!

*weird exaggeration with flawed sarcastic conclusion*

*insult*

Good start bro but you forgot the slur.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
"I don't know what to say I will write a :obviously: post so it seems I'm right"

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
"I don't know what to say I will write a :obviously: post so it seems I'm right"

What response could I write? That "basically plays like Thief" does not mean it's identical or anywhere near as good? That "decent action game" does not equal high praise? That I enjoy exploration action games on some level and Skyrim is a pretty good one if that's all you want from it?

What would please you sir, I am aching to know which retort suits your fancy.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The witcher official forum: 9 USERS ONLINE (2 logged users, 7 anonymous users)
RPG Codex: Online now: 304 (members: 126, guests: 178)​
How come we are so much bigger than The Witcher forum? And what do devs do on the official forum, take feedback from roughly 10 people /half of whom mods/??​
Am I missing something here or is The Witcher's community almost nonexistent?​

Gerrard

Arcane
The official forum went to shit since the release of TW2 (since the time it was down for a month right after the release of the game, because apparently it takes a month to make a forum layout).

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The official forum went to shit since the release of TW2 (since the time it was down for a month right after the release of the game, because apparently it takes a month to make a forum layout).
Wasna't that, like, almost 2 years ago?

hiver

Forums that dev companies create arent there for feedback. They are there as a marketing gimmick.

Save few indie exceptions to the rule.

odrzut

Arcane

odrzut

Arcane
zJBsA7C.png

:)

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
Yes, CDR, yes, feed mindless sheeple's minds with a need of buying PCs and abandoning the evil ways of having next gen consoles.

On the other hand, you can just tell them to kill themselves, would be good too.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
And why wouldn't they say that? They get more fucking profit from PC sales than they do from console sales.

That's true for every other developer. It's just that the others are afraid of offending Sony and Microsoft.

Horus

Arcane
Istanbul-Constantinople-Byzantium-Piece of land.

First mod i install for skyrim before even opening the game is deadly combat it's really shit without it and with couple more mods (darker dungeons,less carry weight,dangerous traps,sneaking mods and perk mods)It makes dungeon traversing really thrilling again.
Unmodded bethesda games are just an unbalanced god simulators that is only playeble by teenage wankers to live out their power fantasies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom