Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher: Enhanced Edition²

MetalCraze

Arcane
Squirly said:
They're still patching the game, unlike some developers like.. oh... say... beth and bioware.
Yes their game is so fucking buggy that they still continue to patch it whereas some developers quickly fixed a few bugs that were there.

But I do enjoy how TW retarded fanboys continue to praise CDP for fixing TW's bugs that originally made the game unplayable. It isn't their fault that they released an unplayable shit, those bugs apeared there themselves and white knight CDP fixes them for free, we must praise them!

Oh and we also must praise them for removing shitty DRM 1.5 years later when nobody gives a fuck - poor CDP didn't know how it even got there

Monolith

Prophet
MetalCraze said:
Squirly said:
They're still patching the game, unlike some developers like.. oh... say... beth and bioware.
Yes their game is so fucking buggy that they still continue to patch it whereas some developers quickly fixed a few bugs that were there.

But I do enjoy how TW retarded fanboys continue to praise CDP for fixing TW's bugs that originally made the game unplayable. It isn't their fault that they released an unplayable shit, those bugs apeared there themselves and white knight CDP fixes them for free, we must praise them!
Wut!? It was mostly playable out of the box and absolutely playable after the first patch. In actual fact, I still have to encounter one single bug - and haven't done so even during my first playthrough with the unpatched version (which, granted, ended in chapter 3 where the game crashed a lot. Which was fixed by the first patch).

MetalCraze

Arcane
raw said:
MetalCraze said:
Oh and we also must praise them for removing shitty DRM 1.5 years later when nobody gives a fuck - poor CDP didn't know how it even got there

Still better than not removing it at all... What is your problem anyway?

What about not putting it there in the first place?
The problem is that people praise CDP for doing something everyone else does without any stupid hype. Considering that TW was unplayable out of the box, unlike aforementioned Beth and Bioware games.

Monolith said:
Wut!? It was mostly playable out of the box and absolutely playable after the first patch. In actual fact, I still have to encounter one single bug - and haven't done so even during my first playthrough with the unpatched version (which, granted, ended in chapter 3 where the game crashed a lot. Which was fixed by the first patch).

Yes it was "mostly" playable out of the box if you enjoy staring at loading screens more than playing the game and love low framerates with constant CTDs.
And 1.1 patch didn't fix anything for me. And 1.2 too. Must be the fault of my CRT monitor.

metalcraze.jpg

Names change but... Skyway... never changes.

Dandelion

Novice
Hümmelgümpf said:
At least they aren't giving it another boxed release. But seriously, giving a name to a package including a DRM-removing patch and some amateurish shit? I don't recall Blizzard hyping their CD-check removing patches.
Hümmelgümpf said:
Letum Fol said:
And they get a little hype leeway since they are also giving away 5 fan-made adventures. Sounds good to me.
1. These mods are almost guaranteed to suck.
2. You can download them anyway.
What the hell is wrong with you?
You don't want it? Don't download it..and stop blabbering nonsense.

Monolith

Prophet
MetalCraze said:
Yes it was "mostly" playable out of the box if you enjoy staring at loading screens more than playing the game and love low framerates with constant CTDs.
And 1.1 patch didn't fix anything for me. And 1.2 too. Must be the fault of my CRT monitor.
Didn't encounter any CTDs and loading times were about acceptable for me, only problem I had was a slowdown in chapter 3. None of what you mentioned can be considered "bugs" though.

MetalCraze

Arcane
True. 5 minutes long load times, constant memory leaks and CTDs that make a game unbearable to play aren't bugs - the only real bug is when a game doesn't launch.

MetalCraze said:
True. 5 minutes long load times, constant memory leaks and CTDs that make a game unbearable to play aren't bugs - the only real bug is when a game doesn't launch.

[IGN comment]

Buy a better computer, newb.

[/IGN comment]

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Meh. The Witcher was a pretty good game of course, but there really is no reason to swallow this particular piece of hype. Any sensible person playing pc games removes drm and copy protection from their games anyway, regardless of the source of the games. Now cdprojekt just brings that enlightenment to people who are not particularly computer-savy to do it themselves, like grandmas. Since when are grandmas a target group for TW patch? As for user made modules, i have tried a few and they have all been shit.

DraQ

Arcane
No crashes to speak of, even on unpatched version, only poor performance and long load times, then again, I did have a shitty rig bag then, and, as for load times, I got used to load times on c64 back in the day, so they don't concern me all that much :P .

Hardly anything that would lower playability.

The only thing that really sucks in TW is the fact, that quicksaves don't overwrite each other - hello 20GB save directory that takes >1' to open in-game. :roll:

Thrasher

Erudite
LOL! Sensible people DL hacks and cracks and take lots of chances with code produced by random people!

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Yeah. Starforce and it's ilk are much better at rimming your pc than most of actual malware, and the chances of getting infected from a game crack are smaller than you'd think provided you have an iq over 60.

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
DraQ said:
The only thing that really sucks in TW is the fact, that quicksaves don't overwrite each other - hello 20GB save directory that takes >1' to open in-game. :roll:
Post patches they do.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Enchanced Edition was unplayable for me. Unpatched vanilla worked like a charm. Both were boring grind-simulators though, so it was a real stroke of luck that I pirated them. B)

MasPingon

Arcane
MetalCraze said:

Play the game, nub. Sometimes your bitching is out of place

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Well, I agree with Skyway at least (and DU when he comes on) that this hype is getting out of control.

Risine

Liturgist
Patched game : checked
free : checked
free added content : checked

What's wrong with that !!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom