Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
I am using GOG version Wizardry 6.
What is that constant rattling-clattering-chugging noise in the background?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Has anyone here managed to obtain and run Llylgamyn Saga?

If you mean the PC version, yes, but I didn't play much of it as I really didn't like the GUI with windows and there are better versions of it

Reality

Learned
are you playing a version of wiz 6 where you stand in place when you run away from combat or one where you move randomly over tiles in combat?

Putting the first low XP HP sponge in the part of the game with bottomless pits everywhere is mean for DoS...

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Just found femdom bra +2 in the castle :lol:

Everytime someone finds it the CRPGAddict rate the game worse says the legend not before saying that Bradley is an autist.

Edit: It seems I drinked too much yesterday with the last one.

Last edited:

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
David fucking Bradley how annoying Disease is in this game if you don't have the Cure Disease spell!
I most hate the Terror spell. During a big battle I almost win and I can see the huge experience reward before my eyes when one of my characters run away in fear. :negative:

gman42

Scholar
are you playing a version of wiz 6 where you stand in place when you run away from combat or one where you move randomly over tiles in combat?

Putting the first low XP HP sponge in the part of the game with bottomless pits everywhere is mean for DoS...

Fun fact, in the Temple if you run from combat you'll sometimes run past the pits without dying (even if your run ends in thin air, you'll be OK as long as your next step is onto a ledge). If you want to be a completist you can use this to do the sides of the temple you didn't choose first time around and open the last few gates.

Not that you gain anything from this really, other than getting to fight different 'flavors' of some enemies that only seem to populate one side (Greater Demons vs. Pit Fiends etc.).

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
Mighty Mouse said:
You should just edit your save games and get the correct stats you want instead of grinding/class switching. The time saved will be better spent trolling the Codex.

Getting correct stats by editing a savegame in an RPG makes as much sense as starting an Europa Universalis game with victory conditions selected such a way you immediately qualify as a victor. Or watching the final cutscene of an adventure game (not like the other way of playing an adventure game is anything more sensible, but hey...). Or playing a soccer manager game as ManUtd, safely on top from day 1.

WATCHING LITTLE NUMBERS GO UP IS THE WHOLE POINT.

Nothing wrong with grinding in a good RPG. As a matter of fact, the key difference between a good RPG and a bad one is that in the former the grinding is done the way it is enjoyable. I've spent days of real life farming General Yamo's guards, and enjoyed every moment of it.
Is there a good farming point in Wiz6? Like Yamos's guards in Wiz7?

Reality

Learned
As long as you have one guy who can currently cast AoE spells at a decent power level, you can basically just reclass everyone else and let them level up in your current area - they'll gain multiple levels in a single fight.

There is an argument that the Mines HP fountain and the Isle of the Damned HP fountain are the absolute best locations... some people recommend the belfry, but with text delay 0 having to go through the bell dialog isn't any faster than getting a random encounter and besides they can attack the back row

I feel like end level in a normal difficulty game of Wiz 6 is only 12-13 (expert difficulty is more like 15-16). … Import level is set to 5, so unless you intend to kill a tryanssouraus random encounter take the "fight Bela" ending, I wouldn't worry about raw level too much.

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
What do these mean?
"Just barely visible in the boggy earth are faint little footprints, made from some small hopping creature, and which trail off into a nearby brush ..."

":Mmmmm .... (Puff Puff) Ahhhhh!!! (Puff Puff) Nothing like a good toke, eh wot? (Puff Puff) Eooooeeeeeee! ! (Puff Puff *Wheezzz*) Huhp! *HEH* (Choke) (Cough Gag Hack) Guess I better try a smoother blend... *Heh Heh Heh* And now for something really smooth..."

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
I have a strange program bug. Sometimes a high level nuclear blast spell backfires. But it still damages the monsters. :)

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
Wizardry 6
LOCATE OBJECT 8 Caster Allows the caster to magically
Priest, Psionic determine the whereabouts of a
Exploring certain object. Success depends
on the location of the item
relative to the party, how well
the item is hidden and the power
level of the spell.

Is this spell working? How can I use it? It seems to do nothing.

Dungeon Lord

Scholar
I have made a mistake. I had a high-level thief and then I changed him to ninja.
But I get only 1 spell point per realm at level-up until I reach the previous thief level :(

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Just found femdom bra +2 in the castle :lol:
David W Bra-dley sure loves them bras.

PS0069.jpg

gman42

Scholar
Wizardry 6
LOCATE OBJECT 8 Caster Allows the caster to magically
Priest, Psionic determine the whereabouts of a
Exploring certain object. Success depends
on the location of the item
relative to the party, how well
the item is hidden and the power
level of the spell.

Is this spell working? How can I use it? It seems to do nothing.

AFAIK it was never implemented properly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom