Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Wiz8 also has simply unparalleled party building. Calling it an incompetent random imitation of earlier wizardries is a dumbfuck-tier misrepresentation of the game.
Unparalleled dumbing down and destroying multiclassing is your dream about party building? OK. Wiz 8 is a clear decline in party building compare to any entry on the series.

I like a lot Wizardry 6-8. But the popamolery shown here by the cultist fans are making me question them.

Wizardry never had multiclassing

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Wiz8 also has simply unparalleled party building. Calling it an incompetent random imitation of earlier wizardries is a dumbfuck-tier misrepresentation of the game.

mondblut said that Wizardry 7 is the best wizardry.

Actually the best Wizardry is Grimoire :mlady:

If a group of ten experienced developer enthusiasts gassed Cleve in his bunker, took the game and worked on it for 2 years it would be the best RPG ever made.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Unparalleled dumbing down and destroying multiclassing is your dream about party building? OK. Wiz 8 is a clear decline in party building compare to any entry on the series.

I like a lot Wizardry 6-8. But the popamolery shown here by the cultist fans are making me question them.

Bend the language all you can, call it what you want to win the argument with talmudic tactics. What is having a Samurai with cleric spells, clerics with critical strikes and thief skills, or ninjas with mage spells,etc?

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

Bend the language all you can, call it what you want to win the argument with talmudic tactics. What is having a Samurai with cleric spells, clerics with critical strikes and thief skills, or ninjas with mage spells,etc?

Diversity!

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

It's called class-changing you fucker and present in Wizardry 1-3 and 5-8. Are you even trying?

Last edited:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's called dclass-changing you fucker and present in Wizardry 1-3 and 5-8

Congratulations, now you have shown you are a smart boy correcting me for saying multiclass instead of class changing,rather than contributing with something sustantial to the discussion.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Congratulations, now you have shown you are a smart boy correcting me for saying multiclass instead of class changing, instead of contributing with something sustantial to the discussion.

And you're fucking dumb by claiming Wiz 8 didn't have it and now try to deflect your utter failure to hoist a coherent argument. Try again

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Congratulations, now you have shown you are a smart boy correcting me for saying multiclass instead of class changing, instead of contributing with something sustantial to the discussion.

And you're fucking dumb by claiming Wiz 8 didn't have it and now try to deflect your utter failure to hoist a coherent argument. Try again
I did know it has. But I have never bothered to use it because is useless and badly implemented. It's even possible there are posts by me talking or asking about it years ago. Not that I'm going to bother to check.

The expression "destroy multiclassing" was figurative not explicit. But you are too autist or retarded to detect it.

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

I did now it has. But I have never bothered to use it because is useless and badly implemented. It's even possible there are posts by me talking or asking about it years ago. Not that I'm going to bother to check.

The expression "destroy multiclassing" was figurative not explicit. But you are too autist or retarded to detect it.

Wasn't that hard to admit you're lying cunt now, was it

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

I did now it has. But I have never bothered to use it because is useless and badly implemented. It's even possible there are posts by me talking or asking about it years ago. Not that I'm going to bother to check.

You are projecting, man. I'm not a liar. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Answer this then: how many class changes must we do per character to make the Wiz 6+7 system great and not broken, how few are too few and how many are too many, o supreme arbiter of wisdom?

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Answer this then: how many class changes must we do per character to make the Wiz 6+7 system great and not broken, how few are too few and how many are too many, o supreme arbiter of wisdom?

Do I have to have the perfect answer to that in order to be right about Wizardry 8 "effectively" destroying the franchise feature or (for autists) implementing it in a manner that makes it unusable?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You have to have an answer in order to back up your claim that this particular "franchise feature" is what makes the Wiz6/7 system great, yes.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

You called me a liar. Here is a post by me talking about multiclassing on Wiz8 on another thread last sunday.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/wizardry-8-first-time-playing.133152/#post-6714608

Casters: Focus on utility, buffing/debuffing and crowd control, not damage.

Sadly Multiclassing is very badly implemented in this game, unlike all previous previous Wizardries. I would not touch it.

Now go the fuck off.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

You called me a liar. Here is a post by me talking about multiclassing on Wiz8 on another thread last sunday.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/wizardry-8-first-time-playing.133152/#post-6714608

Casters: Focus on utility, buffing/debuffing and crowd control, not damage.

Sadly Multiclassing is very badly implemented in this game, unlike all previous previous Wizardries. I would not touch it.

Now go the fuck off.

Why would you think quoting yourself would give any weight to your argument? You clearly have no clue about Wizardry and all your posts claiming as such will be disregarded in the future.

Have a nice day

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You have to have an answer in order to back up your claim that this particular "franchise feature" is what makes the Wiz6/7 system great, yes.

I think the multiclass system in Wiz6/7 works if you are not obsessed and willing to break the system extremely, spending a lot of time farming for it, and having a lot of metaknowledge about the game.

If you go to the game to have fun and build characters with some flexibility and power. Could be better implemented? Of course, I'm aware that it's flawed and breakable. I don't think that makes it bad or unfun.

Almost all games systems are exploitable and that doesn't make them bad games.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Why would you think quoting yourself would give any weight to your argument? You clearly have no clue about Wizardry and all your posts claiming as such will be disregarded in the future.

Have a nice day

I have proved I haven't lied. And I have shown people that you are a Snake trying to defame me calling me a liar, because you can't endure disagreement.

If you think my posts are worthless and my knowledge is bad is OK. I don't care about your opinion. For sure there are a lot of people that know more about Wizardry than me. News at eleven.

mondblut

Arcane
No matter what you pick at the start, you then proceed to ride the class switch rollercoaster until you have six fightermagethieves with 100 in all the relevant skills, and finally settle for a class that has access to whatever OP gear you have at hand.

And there is no greater joy to experience in life.

You can play those games ten times and you'll end up with the same characters. You can play Wiz8 ten times and you'll always end up with something different.

It is not the destination that matters. It's the journey.

To end up with something different, you'll have to trudge through Wiz8 ten times, right. In Wizardry 7, you can have 10 different parties all through the course of a single playthrough.

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
make the Wiz 6+7 system great and not broken

giphy.gif

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Since the beginning of times with greenberg and woodhead the class change system is there to be used, to make character progression more than just level up to lvl 255, you can abuse it or not, but was one of the things that make Wizardry and sequels the most prestigious and sophisticated blobber to this day.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Y9T0Noq.jpg

These little dickwads are cockblocking me inside one one of the houses in Trynton. I've tried waiting, pushing them, sleeping, talking to them. Nothing works. They just waddle around in that single spot in the doorway and I cant walk past them :lol:

Anyone happen to know a way to get past them? I'd rather not lose hours of progress because something as stupid as this shit.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
In my experience it helps to either keep sleeping, or fiddle with combat initiation

Also maybe try luring them with the glowlamp?

Last edited:

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
I was able to get past them by simultaneously running into the and spamming rest and interrupting it. It shifted me a little bit forward every time and then a big jump past them.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
It usually happens next to the bridge you have to fix and sleeping once (no interruptions) is usually enough.

Try saving, sleep, reload, sleep, perhaps multiple sleep sessions (without interruptions) and if it doesn't work, the combat trick Roxor talked about.
If all fails, maybe x-ray to see if they're monsters around and try initiating combat when they're really close and throw area spells that might reach them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom