Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry The Wizardry Series Thread

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Has anyone converted the wizardry games to tabletop PnP play?

WizNoob

Barely Literate
Hi, I just reached Arnika with a 6 man gadgeteer party, what melee weapons should i give them?
I don't think I'll beat the game with just the Omni-gun

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
The art looked ok. I could easily cobble my own adventure from playing and gamefaqs alone. It is just interesting what other visions created.

gman42

Scholar
If you could find enough ammo, an all gadgeteer party sounds like it would actually wreak havoc on the game once the omni gets maxed out or close to it. Boring tho.

JBro

Arbiter
In Wiz 1 I have
Fighter Samurai Fighter
Thief Priest Mage

Should I change one to a bishop for identify? Thought about removing a fighter and putting the thief in his place to add a Bishop.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
In Wiz 1 you don't need a Bishop in the field. Better to bring items to town for one stationed at the Inn to identify.

gman42

Scholar
In Wiz 1 you don't need a Bishop in the field. Better to bring items to town for one stationed at the Inn to identify.

Just maybe bring him out on one expedition to bump him up a few levels so he's not constantly failing and accidentally touching shit and getting cursed.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Nothing really new on the bloody blockchain. This BC popped into my feed, so I decided to look at this crap. I guess $$$ to release the Wizardry name is what the ip holder wants more than keeping the wizardry legacy even remotely close to the original. Yuck!

Eternal Crypt -Wizardry BC-
Official Website : https://wiz-eternalcrypt.com
Twitter (Einglish) : https://twitter.com/WizardryBC_EN
Twitter (Japanese) : https://twitter.com/WizardryBC_JP
Discord : https://discord.gg/SDUZu7bjgk
Telegram : https://t.me/WizardryBC

Anime News Network
PC Gamer

Any play vids I found were in Japanese or Chinese or something. I’ve given this trash too much of my time. I was hoping for an English speaking review but I found nada.

Edit…. The site could use editing.
Mostly, it is the story that seems to repeat text.
Terrible.

Eternal Crypt - Wizardry BC

As a guild master, you must use your wits to the fullest,
Join adventurers in the endless depths of the
dungeon to win treasures!

A simple yet strategic blockchain game is now available in
Free-to-Play!

ABOUT WIZARDRY

A dungeon exploration type RPG series released in the United States in 1981.
The breathtaking adventures that unfolded in a highly immersive environment attracted many users.
The game’s labyrinth exploration, party formation, monster combat, and other features had a major impact on later RPGs, and it is often referred to as the origin of RPGs.

Many titles have been released to date, and even now, more than 40 years later, it remains a timeless classic that boasts strong popularity around the world.

STORY
In another world far, far away …….
The long-standing peace of the Kingdom of Moserud was broken when a group of adventurers discovered the Hole of Dadoel, The long-standing peace of the Kingdom of Moserud was broken when a group of adventurers discovered “Dadoel’s Hole”.

From this unexplored region, the “Blood Crystal” a precious stone, was found, along with many ancient fragments and sacred artifacts that have existed since the age of myth,
and sacred artifacts from mythological times, as well as the precious stone “Blood Crystal”.
The ancient fragments and sacred artifacts were recreated with the Blood Crystal, and the people became wealthy, On the other hand, monsters appeared one after another.

The kingdom suffered from the attacks of the monsters, However, many adventurers flocked to the kingdom to take advantage of the treasure and Blood Crystal.
Then, King Okeel of the Kingdom of Mosserud asked, “What is it that you, the Adventurers’ Guild Master, want to do? King Okeel of the Kingdom of Moserud gave you, the master of the Adventurers’ Guild, a royal decree.

“Take all the adventurers together and slay the monsters that crawl out of the pits. Your reward will be a Blood Crystal and treasures from the pit, And the title of “Wizardry,” the greatest honor in our country.
There are those who seek peace, those who seek riches, and those who desire glory …….

We employ and nurture these various adventurers, Your story begins as you aim for the depths of the seemingly endless “Dadoel’s Hole”.

ADVENTURER(NFT)

The brave souls who challenge the Pit of Dadoel are called “Adventurers.
The Adventurers are the ones who go to the Abyss and bring back the treasures and the Blood Crystal. Among the Adventurers, there are those who possess the special ability of “alchemy,” the ability to refine the Blood Crystal.
Those with this limited ability are called “adventurers (NFT).
RACE AND CLASS
  • Warrior
  • Monk
  • Wizard
  • Thief
  • Priest
  • Samurai
  • Monarch
  • Ninja

The “adventurers” are Humans, Elves, Dwarfs, and Felpurr,
The “Adventurers” are the four races: Human, Elf, Dwarf, and Felpurr,

and eight professions: Warrior, Monk, Wizard, Thief, Priest, Samurai, Monarch, and Ninja,
The eight professions are: Warrior, Monk, Wizard, Thief, Priest, Samurai, Monarch, and Ninja.

Their abilities differ according to their race and occupation,
each with their own strengths and weaknesses.

The guild master will have to rearrange his party according to the situation.
the guild master will have to rearrange his party according to the situation.

GAME SYSTEM ゲームシステム

Aim for the abyss of "Dadoel's Pit", a mysterious labyrinth shrouded in mystery, with up to 36 adventurers in a game system that combines clicker and strategy systems.

【What you can get from adventure】

By ``returning to town'' from the dungeon, you can obtain Blood Crystals and treasure chests. The deeper you reach a dungeon than your previous adventure, the more likely you are to get more results.

【About strategy】
In order to explore the dungeon toward the abyss, strategy is required to organize adventurers (NFT), improve their proficiency, and recover. Acquiring and cultivating legacy items is also essential for efficient dungeon exploration. In both cases, the guild master's intelligence will be tested.

【Treasure chest, adventurer's ashes】
Opening treasure chests is dangerous. This is because treasure chests may contain traps. Be careful of ancient traps, and failure to spot them will result in a corresponding penalty. ``Adventurer's Ashes'' may be obtained from treasure chests. If the ``Adventurer's Ashes'' can find the ``Lost Soul,'' they may be revived as adventurers and added to the guild as new companions

A simple yet profound game that can be enjoyed forever and Challenge to create a sustainable game economy

The world will continue forever...
with Blood Crystal

Yeah, that doesn’t read well at all. Unless copy/paste is fucking up, then the editors need to do some cleanup. I get lazy all the time but that reads bad.

Last edited:

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Guys, I have never played Wizardry 6 and 7 and I really want to do it. But the multiclassing has always given me straight up anxiety. Can somebody please just recommend me a party and tell me what do with it from a char dev pov?

edit.
I have read The Manual. And some gamefaq guide. Please just consider me a moron.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
You can get through both games without class changing if you don't want to mess with it. It dramatically reduces the difficulty, especially of 7.

I recommend not worrying about it too much. It's possible to spend hours rolling your characters, and then hours reloading after level-ups to try and maximize attribute rolls, and this hurts the overall experience.

A simple party that utilizes class changing:

Rawulf Fighter -> Lord (put some points into INT/PER at character creation)
Felpurr Thief -> Ninja (put some points into STR/PIE/VIT at character creation)
Mook Fighter (Female) -> Valkyrie (put some points into PIE/SPD at character creation, switch to back row and use polearms)
Elf Mage -> Bishop (put some points into INT/PIE at character creation, this one is really easy to hit)
Mook Psionic -> Monk (requires a pretty good starting roll, put some points into PIE/SPD at character creation, switch to front row)
Gnome Priest -> Bishop (put some points into PER at character creation)

gman42

Scholar
Agreed on limiting class change to a single "promotion" like the above being the way to go.

I think one underrated thing about having higher level characters in general is the improved saving rolls against spells and critical hits etc., and the crowd that obsesses with non-stop class changes just winds up with terminally medium-level characters that still get destroyed by insta-kill stuff. Sure everybody has ninjutsu and multiple spell books, but they can't use em when they're dead.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
For me the most useful thing about class changes is to get some decent spell casting abilities in Wiz7.

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Does importing a party from 6 make 7 too easy
JhStDoy.png

no, but that also depends on your ending in 6 as well. on ending sticks you in a rather shittier part of the map at the start of 7, hinted in spoiler below

i hope you have rebecca's diamond ring if you plan on going through to 8

gman42

Scholar
Does importing a party from 6 make 7 too easy
JhStDoy.png

no, but that also depends on your ending in 6 as well. on ending sticks you in a rather shittier part of the map at the start of 7, hinted in spoiler below

i hope you have rebecca's diamond ring if you plan on going through to 8

In addition to possibly starting in a tough spot, I seem to remember there's also a bug where even though everyone comes over as level 5, their "miss chance" stat is calculated as if they're level 1. It corrects itself to the right value after one levelup, but until then they'll be miserable in combat. Although if you transfer uber weapons over, that will mitigate this somewhat.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Almost reminds me of the Bardstale 3 bug on the pc where warriors transferred were utter shit until they levelled up… a lot. Or I am misremembering. Maybe it was c64.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom