Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Worlds of Magic Thread - It's out... sorta

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Too bad it seems not a lot of Codexers are interested in this, as I think a worthy MoM successor should enjoy more popularity here...

It's because of the horrible trailer music :D
:negative:

the full release trailer won't have any of that, I can assure you

erthia

Educated
No problem man! Since I first learned of your project I have been actively watching. You got the full support of your brother here! :D Take your time, for it is better to have a well polished game then to relase it early with not so much polish! I know my own project is taking some time, but in it's current state it is pretty stable and bug free. The last bug I had was 2 years ago. I want to make sure everying is precise when I release it, that is part of the reason why I haven't released any demos yet. Anyway, keep up the good work man, and may WOM have a plentiful future of new content, upgrades, and more!

thanks bro :salute: there is still a lot of roaming creatures missing, but we are churning them out at full power.

erthia

Educated
LOL! Typically, I usally wait until games are released myself, but for this one... the temptation was too much to bare! :D I only did a brief test of the system and such though, I didn't spend to much time building armies and what not. I wanted to get the overall feel to the game. It's looking promising!

....must...not...buy.... early access..... ngggh!

hoverdog

Developer
I'm very interested in this.

Mainly because we'll get to tar 'n' feather hoverdog once it releases!
bitch i'm fabulous

emily_valentine_2010_9.jpg

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I love variety and enormous amounty of stuff to see in fantasy 4x, so this is a good sign. I have a feeling I'll play this more than ANY other game in the next few years. I certainly hope so.

Too bad it seems not a lot of Codexers are interested in this, as I think a worthy MoM successor should enjoy more popularity here...

How can it be popular if it isn't released? Has early access not taught you anything? I'm not touching that shit until its ready to ship.

mastroego

Arcane
Ehi ehi ehi.
We're not talking about early-accessing a shooter you know.

It's an intended MoM proper successor being developed by a small company, that apparently found itself in need for a little cash flow for the final run.
I actually felt a little "dirty" about not having pledged in the original campaign (though the screens looked pretty crappy at the time).
It's about supporting a goal. :obviously:

Now, this doesn't mean I'm going to give them a free pass for everything.
There are still technical issues, and any problems the game will be shipped with I expect to be patched out soon enough or definitely solved in the expansion at worst.
If they fail me, things will happen. Things.

Last edited:

hoverdog

Developer
it's entirely reasonable. I'm not a fan of early access either, and and let's say if everything had gone well, we wouldn't have released the game on EA.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
it's entirely reasonable. I'm not a fan of early access either, and and let's say if everything had gone well, we wouldn't have released the game on EA.
Does it help you guys if we buy EA today, or everything is set and we'd better wait for release? I can spare the cash.

hoverdog

Developer
Does it help you guys if we buy EA today, or everything is set and we'd better wait for release? I can spare the cash.
It's all OK now, thanks bro. You may want to consider waiting for the full release, then again, by all means, you might just as well buy it now :thumbsup:

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I can vouch the store is legit, I bought Wasteland 2 from them 75% off a couple of days ago no problem.

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
If EA meant bought for only so long as game is EA people would say that right? Like as the first line in the description?

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Game's actually pretty solid now. Have managed to play a complete game without game-stopping bugs, and it felt much like Masters of Magic. :hero:

Multi-headed Cow

If EA meant bought for only so long as game is EA people would say that right? Like as the first line in the description?
That's never meant that for any game on Steam so if it means it for Worlds of Magic then we string Hoverdog up by his dewclaws.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I'll try again tonight because last night's one-quick-arena experience wasn't pleasant. FPS varying from 50 to 10 and complete SFX desyncs.

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
Game's actually pretty solid now. Have managed to play a complete game without game-stopping bugs, and it felt much like Masters of Magic.
Did the AI build cities? cause mine cant...
Also whens the colony governor/vizier getting added?
Late Edit; Play one city challenge. Though seriously makes me wonder if the micro is superfluous..

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
That's true. There was no AI city building. It did capture neutral cities, but that's about it. Oh, and it has insane spearman spam syndrome...

Top this off with the AI getting a load of units from the start that it just sends around the map, there's obviously still a lot of tweaking to be done, but the fact I didn't encounter any game-stopping or memory-leak bugs has me being happy.

It looks like this game can shape up pretty well. Once the AI gets smart enough to produce something else than spearmen and actually builds new cities. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom