Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls Todd Howard Appreciation Thread

what do you think of Todd?

• i like him and i like bethesda

• he's a nice guy but i'm not getting scammed again

• i'd play bethesda games, don't care about todd tho

• i don't like him, i don't like bethesda games, and i only play turn-based games

• who is todd? (kc)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lucumo

Educated
Surprised that this wasn't yet posted:

61d.gif

n0denz

Novice
Okay buddy.
I'd normally tell you to take your meds, but given the desperation Bethesda displayed with Starfield, I honestly can't hold the shill accusation against you.
And yes, I realize that I'm in the minority of fallout fans* that like the series. Though I've only watched the first three episodes. If it goes to shit, I won't be surprised.

*Favorite is F2, refunded F4 after playing it for around 10 minutes.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
People are happy because the Fallout show was "not that bad" which is the highest praise Bethesda received in 9 years and it's not even them that made it.

ADL

Prophet
Be thankful this is just a mod and not Bethesda's attempt to culturally erase the originals with a paid 'reimagining'. Say what you will about BGS but they haven't done that yet and they've given them away during anniversaries and included them in physical box sets.

Doesn't seem like they're trying to hide the originals or replace them in any way.
Todd Howard praise is rare for me but gotta give credit where it's due. He has no intent on erasing Fallout 1/2 with a remake or modernizing it in any way beyond it simply running.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Be thankful this is just a mod and not Bethesda's attempt to culturally erase the originals with a paid 'reimagining'. Say what you will about BGS but they haven't done that yet and they've given them away during anniversaries and included them in physical box sets.

Doesn't seem like they're trying to hide the originals or replace them in any way.
Todd Howard praise is rare for me but gotta give credit where it's due. He has no intent on erasing Fallout 1/2 with a remake or modernizing it in any way beyond it simply running.

He's getting up there in years...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There's no money in it. Tim Cain has been begging to get paid to remaster Fallout, they're not interested.

Drakortha

Liturgist
That's because Fallout 1/2 isn't something modern consumers would be able to handle. It would be unrecognizable as Fallout to them and it probably wouldn't sell much.

Fallout is now seen more like a ride at disneyland where at the end when you get off the ride you can buy a toy. Todd did that.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
"I just need it to be M O D E R N I Z E D like Wasteland 3" is the lie plebs tell themselves to justify sticking with their Bethesda slop. They would die and quit out before making it to the map screen. If they were interested in playing quality RPGs, they wouldn't be Bethesda fans.

ind33d

Learned

todd is great. and lol at the idea of current day Bethesda modernizing Fallout 1. if they changed a single line of code, Codex would rip them a new asshole

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

todd is great. and lol at the idea of current day Bethesda modernizing Fallout 1. if they changed a single line of code, Codex would rip them a new asshole

No.
They'll find some shitty excuse to like it after a while.

Ryan muller

Educated

Obviously, every time beth updates a game, it breaks

ferratilis

Magister
Remake is unnecessary, that's true, but I wouldn't mind better scaling at 1440p/4k or improved renderer, borderless mode, just enough to make playing it hassle free. In its current form, you can't even alt-tab without breaking it. People are praising Todd for "respecting the originals" while in reality he's just lazy af and doesn't care.

I was browsing some mods for Fallout and came across a Reddit thread where one of the guys who ended up working for the new Age of Empires 1-2-3 remasters said that the AoE thing was one attempt from them to get their foot in the door of several companies. One of the others was Bethesda, they asked them if they could work in the old Fallout games. They were told that no, they weren't looking to launch a remaster back then or in the future. For all it's worth, Bethesda just added a launcher, and you have the og games' files on your download.

1718685753923798.jpg

Another gem to be paired with the one I've already posted in the Best Thread Ever.

None

Scholar
I'd want a modding update for the original Fallout. Maybe some updated and expanded tools, but primarily the 3D models and textures used to make all the sprites. It'd be a lot easier to make new models with access to the originals, and keep them in the same style. Of course, this assumes Bethesda even have access to these things.

Froila

Educated
Remake is unnecessary, that's true, but I wouldn't mind better scaling at 1440p/4k or improved renderer, borderless mode, just enough to make playing it hassle free. In its current form, you can't even alt-tab without breaking it. People are praising Todd for "respecting the originals" while in reality he's just lazy af and doesn't care.
We need these remakes! For the sake of some new funny treads on this forum; full of hatred, whining and rage.

Beastro

Arcane
There's no money in it. Tim Cain has been begging to get paid to remaster Fallout, they're not interested.

Sadly, keeping Cain's hands off Fallout now is a good thing. I'd hate to see what changes he has in store.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I was browsing some mods for Fallout and came across a Reddit thread where one of the guys who ended up working for the new Age of Empires 1-2-3 remasters said that the AoE thing was one attempt from them to get their foot in the door of several companies. One of the others was Bethesda, they asked them if they could work in the old Fallout games. They were told that no, they weren't looking to launch a remaster back then or in the future. For all it's worth, Bethesda just added a launcher, and you have the og games' files on your download.

1718685753923798.jpg

Another gem to be paired with the one I've already posted in the Best Thread Ever.
Those remaster devs think they can just work on everything...

1718685753923798.jpg

Those remaster devs think they can just work on everything...
It's called "capitalism", sweaty. Look it up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom