Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Todd Howard on Fallout 3

Whipporowill

Erudite
I have to agree we have no clue as to what Beth can accomplish with this game, but I can understand that people are frustrated enough to bite at every "wrong" word being said considering the recent Fo history. I'm pretty amazed they've at least bothered to show up in several forae - which at least shows some form of good intent. Well, so did Carsten come to think of it... hehe.

And also, I doubt anything the Fallout community could accomplish would dent the sales all the Fo3 sales THAT much - they'll still be selling like hotcakes to the Beth Fanbois.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I've never seen it "classified" as a puzzle game. And the fact that " It didn't even have a strong storyline or a 'good RPG setting'" is only one of the few things that makes thie game inferior to it's console counterparts. Really, everyone on this forum should at least try the ROM to get a good laugh.

plin

Liturgist
Seven said:
plin said:
If it comes out an abomination, I just simply won't buy it. -shock-, it's not the apocalypse. heh

That's your reply. *YOU*, who's preaching like a fanboy bitch? Yeah, that's great. You realize the more you post the more your style resembles Elara's and Vis's, you do realize that right?

I'm not preaching at all. I'm just pointing out that alot of you are idiots. I think they call it teasing, and making fun. Kinda like Ms. Teatime-is-on-her-period' genius post towards me.

Briosafreak said:
plin i was telling you that your fanboysm was getting you to a point that you had lost the contact with reality, seeing how Bethesda was in grave danger, in your paranoid head. Until now you`ve only proved that i was right, and you are a bigger shitface molescule than i thought.

And learn to read, what fucking new juice info are you talking about? Go get some pills, preferably a couple of thousand.

What are you talking about? Are you saying that I'm a fan of bethesda? Because I take a neutral stand point and make fun of people who judge and assume off of half-assed information? If so, I'm proud of my "fanboyism" (logic). And the "new juice (OMG LOL) info", I forgot what my point was with that. This argument is too easy (and I can't take it too seriously) because you're too stupid. I'll try to pay attention better.

plin

Liturgist
Briosafreak said:
And the "new juice (OMG LOL) info", I forgot what my point was with that.

Yep, shitheads normally don`t have a clue.

I don't think memory has much to do with being a shithead. But I'm glad that's all you could come up with. What about my fanboyism?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Sarkile said:
I've never seen it "classified" as a puzzle game. And the fact that " It didn't even have a strong storyline or a 'good RPG setting'" is only one of the few things that makes thie game inferior to it's console counterparts. Really, everyone on this forum should at least try the ROM to get a good laugh.

It's just a *game* that feels entirely like one. What's wrong with that? It has a silly setting with cute creatures. Oh yeah, that's totally bad. :roll:

The game has more strategy than X-Com. Who cares what the setting is?

Briosafreak

Augur
E eu ainda vou ver o que está a dar no premium ou na sic radical. Não te preocupes que amanhã já tenho uns insultos frescos :)

@plin
Hope your anus is better, removing your head from it has to be painfull, fanboy.

plin

Liturgist
Briosafreak said:
E eu ainda vou ver o que está a dar no premium ou na sic radical. Não te preocupes que amanhã já tenho uns insultos frescos :)

@plin
Hope your anus is better, removing your head from it has to be painfull, fanboy.

You never explained my fanboyism. And I honestly think you got nothin. Check mate. Argument over. Kiddy insults ensue.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Wow, huge ballooning thread.. Let's see..

Yes, Arcanum was highly flawed. The character system wasn't balanced and advancement was rather crappy in the game. The combat was horrible mainly due to said character system. The setting and the world design were nice, though.

Yes, FFTA sucked because it was no where near as good as the original. If you've never played the original, I'm sure you may not think so, but there are some obvious questions on some design elements and the starting story is just utterly lame.

Yes, Interplay's marketting of Fallout Enforcer hurt the setting of Fallout by beating the drugs and whores drums every chance they could in an effort to get lusty teenage boys to buy the game. That's why you end up with shit like that blurb in the magazine that people assume Todd Howard made.

Yes, Exitium is pretty much the reverse side of Visceris at times. Where one is not a Fallout fan that pretends to be, the other is that pretends he isn't.

Yes, it's hard to argue plin doesn't suck at times. You have to understand that the sweet, sweet crack doesn't come free.

Yes, Briosafreak can't spell "loser". He's a Belgian, though, and their national language is something like Swahili, not English.

Yes, I've been waiting for a good follow up to Fallout for seven years, and no, I'm not willing to compromise on the basics at this point.

Yes, I'm done with this post.

plin

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
Yes, it's hard to argue plin doesn't suck at times. You have to understand that the sweet, sweet crack doesn't come free.

pfft, lame.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I think that at this point it would be fair to say that I am a fan of 'good games' rather than a straight up 'fallout fan', of which Fallout just so happens to be.

There's plenty of arguments as to who the real Fallout fans are, much like there are arguments on who the real Star Wars fans are (some of which argue that real fans only enjoy the movies, while others support the crappy novels as well). I think that the core of the fanbase lies here, at the Codex (and arguable at NMA and DAC, to varying degrees). There are however many on the GameFAQs forums who would argue that true Fallout fans would support FOT, and some would even suggest that FOBOS is worth supporting due to the label. Naturally, I'd disagree with them, because they are idiots.

And yes, it's funny - Visceris does indeed come off as so much more of a hardcore Fallout fan than I ever will because of the rabidity of his arguments. I on the other hand am willing to give this game a go, if only solely for the role-playing content and not whatever tribute it could pay to the original game.

Anyway, the point still stands that FFT(A) is a good example of the possibilities of good turn-based combat in a console. It doesn't have to be all shitty like Disfaggot.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I wonder how much Bethesda actually pays attention to these threads. I'd bet that they are having a party with chips and dip and beer with a big large screen that displays the posts. Then they take turns reading them aloud and laugh while stuffing their faces and guzzling down some ice cold brews.

Maybe they will get so drunk that they will actually listen to some of this stuff.

One can only hope...

:D

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I think that they pay more attention to these forums than the threads on the Bethsoft forums because most of us here and DAC tend to represent the core of the fanbase in its myriad of forms a lot more accurately than those at the Bethsoft forums who go on about how they've always wanted to use Muskets and Arquebuses and WWII weapons and AK47s in Fallout. Wrong setting, jackass!

They wouldn't be replying if they didn't.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
They(kathode only pretty much) barely reply. =/

They should be required to post once a day. Even if it is just something like: "LAWL PLIN YOUR AN IDIOT!"

That would be nice..

plin

Liturgist
jiujitsu said:

They should be required to post once a day. Even if it is just something like: "LAWL PLIN YOUR AN IDIOT!"

That would be nice..

Shut the fuck up cunt!

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
plin said:
jiujitsu said:

That would be nice..

Shut the fuck up cunt!

Does the gorilla want a car tire to play with?

Anyways i always imagined the FO:BOS devs looking at the threads at nma and dac while laughing their asses off, then when the game was done they were fired lol

Greenskin13

Erudite
Do the questions have to be factual?

Role-Player said:
kathode must make an apperance and set some people in this thread straight by moving every zig for great justice.

Kathode know what he doing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom