Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Torment Kickstarter Update #42: New Gameplay Video - "A World Unlike Any Other"

Black

Arcane
Who's the narrator in the trailers?

throwaway

Cipher
I for one enjoyed the rather epic style/vibe of the early artwork(/wallpapers) in comparison to the more funky(-Sanitarium-esque) style I see in (about 50% of) the video.

torment-tides-of-numenera-b.jpg

numenera.jpg

PN4ZKsp.jpg

Especially the last one, the water city looks more clean and beautifully engineered than a muddy and murky dungeon.

Zeronet

Learned
Looks good, still reserving judgement. Not getting caught up in hype after it caused me to be fairly disappointed in WL2. If they can do a Shadowrun to Dragonfall style upping their game, then it will be good.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
This will be a bigger dissapointment then PoE. The butthurt will be glorious.

Based on inXile track history, I think they will deliver a good game but not a great one. Just a missed opportunity like Wasteland 2.

But even a flawed gem is better than PoE therefore the requested butthurt is unlikely.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Turnbased that looks like ToEE? Me likey.

I hope the SJW filth will kept out of this game.
Who am I kidding? It's going to pretty obvious. Full of "special snowflakes", people calling you a bigot etc.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
You guys keep bringing up wasteland 2 as if this wasnt being made by a largely improved design and writing team. Just the thought of Kevin Saunders and Goerge Zeits working on another joint project after MotB makes me all fuzzy inside.

Unwanted

Hatred

Unwanted
You guys keep bringing up wasteland 2 as if this wasnt being made by a largely improved design and writing team. Just the thought of Kevin Saunders and Goerge Zeits working on another joint project after MotB makes me all fuzzy inside.

Could you please elaborate on what exactly is different and why? All I really know about Ziets is that he worked on PoE and I did not like PoE that much. I have literally no idea about K.Saunders. So if you could give us a little TLDR of why the company that made WL2 is somehow an awesome company all of a sudden I would appreciate it.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
nah sorry , just google zeits, saunders and MotB (i presume you havent played it?). Im not here to educate clueless faggots.

Ziets was only involved in some of the initial word building and lore in PoE and nothing beyond that. He did an awesome job with some of the gods from the pantheon (woedica)

Unwanted

Hatred

Unwanted
I knew he worked on MotB. Thats literally the only thing wikipedia says to me about him which recommends. There is fuck all info about him on the internet. So he made one expac for a game you like and has also had his hand in a fair amount of rubbish. Time for me to get on the hype train then. Thanks for the information showing me your skills at making baseless assumptions.

GloomFrost

Arcane
I knew he worked on MotB. Thats literally the only thing wikipedia says to me about him which recommends. There is fuck all info about him on the internet. So he made one expac for a game you like and has also had his hand in a fair amount of rubbish. Time for me to get on the hype train then. Thanks for the information showing me your skills at making baseless assumptions.

This time there will like a dozen additional writers including giants like Avelonne, Cook and Micozda, (and Zieits ofcourse hehe), they have a bigger budget then the W2, game will have beautiful hand drawn backgrounds instead of God awful 3d like in W2, game takes place in a reach and unusual setting (unlike 99% of rpgs) and ofcourse its a God damn spiritual successor to the one and only Planescape:Torment. I think its enough to get excited.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
I knew he worked on MotB. Thats literally the only thing wikipedia says to me about him which recommends. There is fuck all info about him on the internet. So he made one expac for a game you like and has also had his hand in a fair amount of rubbish. Time for me to get on the hype train then. Thanks for theinformation showing me your skills at making baseless assumptions.

MotB was just an expansion for NWN2, but is generally regarded at the Codex (and rightfully so) as a classic. The game has great writing, cool voice acting and interesting atmosphere. Ziets was the creative lead on this game, so his name has importance.

This time there will like a dozen additional writers including giants like Avelonne, Cook and Micozda, (and Zieits ofcourse hehe), they have a bigger budget then the W2, game will have beautiful hand drawn backgrounds instead of God awful 3d like in W2, game takes place in a reach and unusual setting (unlike 99% of rpgs) and ofcourse its a God damn spiritual successor to the one and only Planescape:Torment. I think its enough to get excited.

Besides, from the get go they decided to avoid filler garbage (no trash mobs and no filler loot) and had more time to develop the core systems of the game. I think that unless they ask for the imput of Sawyer and Fargo, is safe to say that even if they fail, they will fail way less than W2 and POE. There is no comparison.

Gylfi.Fenriz

Novice
I'm sure this game is gonna offer a decent challenge.

but am i the only one hating the pale look of the characters? and their walking pace is so fake, it's like watching a guy walk on a treadmill, 2 meters in one pace.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom