Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Torment Kickstarter Update #42: New Gameplay Video - "A World Unlike Any Other"

Azeot

Arbiter
it is still being developed, so I wouldn't concentrate too much on details like walking speed, polish and such. The general feeling is what matters and that is...

:bounce::bounce:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
A rare moment where the youtube comments provide some gold. My favorite so far:

youtube poster said:
early on RTwP was actually winning until random uninformed crowds popped in to vote.

I've been following the game for quite some time now, and I must say I'm disappointed by a few elements : this is supposed to be a game set in the far future, yet people still fight with armor and swords. Just like any fantasy RPG. Pity. And the artstyle, though quite unique, is brought down by really, really, REALLY dated graphics. Will still follow, though. If the story and writing are exceptional, I might pick it up, but only at twenty bucks. I got the WItcher 3 at 50, and couldn't justify buying this game for the same price. It's not on the same level, at least in my opinion.

:hmmm:

reading youtube comments gives me suicidal thoughts

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
hiver You are a real bro! I mean it. Thanks for fighting the good fight vs. that imbecile smudboy. I was gonna jump in but... then I remembered trying to explain to him the rationale behind TB combat on the user voice forums and he just doesn't get it, or he is one damn good troll. Let me know if you ever need my pitchfork!!!

DeepOcean

Arcane
I knew he worked on MotB. Thats literally the only thing wikipedia says to me about him which recommends. There is fuck all info about him on the internet. So he made one expac for a game you like and has also had his hand in a fair amount of rubbish. Time for me to get on the hype train then. Thanks for the information showing me your skills at making baseless assumptions.
One expac? Motb is the only thing that turn NWN 2 worthy of anyones money and the closest of making a good RPG Obsidian ever got. If you didn't play it, go there NOW! Don't forget going on an evil playthrough, MoTb is one of the few RPGs where the evil playthrough is really worthy of your time. Kevin and Ziets were the project lead and creative lead. If Torment keep that quality for a whole game... ohh boy.

DeepOcean

Arcane
What? Hiver on youtube comments? Man, I think he will need to keep "imbecile" for easy copy paste because he will need that word alot on youtube.:lol:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well...

It's not PoE!

:5/5: / :5/5:

:takemymoney:

ps that combat looks retarded, what's with the janky movement?

UnknownBro

Savant
I just saw graphics and animations. How is the gameplay? HypeTrain indeed.

Will wait for the game to release before make a comment about it. Wasteland 2 was a huge letdown, and no Mr Brian Fargo, I will not pledge to your BTIV before I see a good game released by InXile. Thank you very much.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Yeah well considering Wasteland 2 animations, I expect the worse, POE actually surprised me with its smooth attack moves and idle animations.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
I'm sure this game is gonna offer a decent challenge.

smiley-shocked032.gif

Stinger

Arcane
Who gives a shit about smudboy?

Butthurt, disillusioned biodrones are still biodrones.

Gylfi.Fenriz

Novice
OOT yeah that's me, sir. Yes i must have reset password and changed username, did that reset the post count? I don't mind it at all...

hah. I DID reset a password but i did it for an account (this one) i didn't even know i had. Isn't that funny? No.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seven year old sleeper alt account, always be prepared. That might be a record.

Last edited:
it is still being developed, so I wouldn't concentrate too much on details like walking speed, polish and such. The general feeling is what matters and that is...

:bounce::bounce:

yes, let's be fair.

PoE chars suck too. But that's just me, i suppose, i never liked 3d on 2d. But you gotta give some 3d to people or it will look too much retro, as Corey Cole was explaining regarding his game (cause i asked him why didn't you just use AGS)

But, who cares, challenge is more important.

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
maybe this will finally be the game that will make me feel glad I threw money at.
maybe.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
My plan was to wait for Torment release before pledging to any other inXile games. (Their 2 games cycle was financed - the company kickstarted, the rest is a matter of quality)
But Fargo is getting me again... All this hype.

Also not sure, if i want no RPGs at all or mediorce RPGs from inXile - it's a tough call.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom