Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment: Tides of Numenera announced for PS4 and Xbox One, gets new trailer

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
The known rates for rapist mothers are so neglibly low, they are not even included with statistics for domestic rape / incest. Fathers, on the hand... Mothers are more likely to be complicit/enablers than be perpetrators. Rapist women in a family are more likely to be a second or third degree female relative of a victim than the mother.
Loadout of bullshit, pardon my French.
"so neglibly low" - yeah, it is so low it isn't included to statistics, and due it isn't included in statistics we can't measure how low it is.
I sincerely believe it is another manifestation of creeping feminism around the world - they are women, they can't be bad, which is actually another form of fashism.
"Fathers, on the hand" - if you for long time watch specific spot, surrounding space start to erase. It is pure social subjectivity phenomenon.
"Mothers are more likely to be complicit/enablers than be perpetrators." - same.
Do you know that amount(?) of home violence of women toward men is significantly increased and continues to rise?
Everybody know and speak about home violence of men toward women, but almost nobody do opposite researches, because it is, like - "men, and what, women use violence toward them, their own wifes? hahaha".
So it is obscured problem, which mean if you don't see it it doesn't mean it isn't exist.
You should also agree I think, that women long ago arn't what they were (in USSR emansipation started after revolution, for decades earlier than at West), so why you think that while women are sucessful bosses for men teams, they lead and control men and they are the same women that in 19 century and nothing changes since then?
I remember a decent cinema about this - Disclosure with Douglas and Moore, with a decent lines just about that.
Modern women have a man's character and personality traits - that's the only way to be sucessful in yesterday's men's world and to compete successfully today.
This bring aslo negative traits - same level of violence, rudeness, sexual harrasment, rapes etc.

Last edited:

a mod

Formlery Melanoma
dfgffg.png

That portrait...they should rename her Generia :lol:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
It would be nice if the game would support selecting that attack damage bonus via keyboard shortcuts also (1 2 3 etc. keys or any other keys). Selecting it with mouse only becomes tedious after some time.
Keyboard shortcuts support for everything in fact.
It doesn't matter if we'll be able to rebind those keys or not but keyboard shortcuts is a must in my opinion.

That's what I was hoping for on June 12 after the brief time I dabbled with the TTON beta.
Will I still get this? :)

Probably not, but you should be able to select that with the arrow keys, once the console-like controls are implemented. :troll:

Angthoron

Arcane
I like this thread, it reminded me that I actually have access to TToN beta and should maybe check it out.

I also like this thread because:

Codex, then: Guys, let's stop donating to our in-house fundraiser because we don't want them to hit that "Mac and Linux port milestone"
Codex, now: Guys, they've staggered PC release of the game by a few months for simultaneous console release. Why are you acting like this is an issue?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Four party members, heath bars that broke the combat system, shitty UI and handholding for retards.

Wait, they have health bars?

Heaven forbid, oldschool RPG classics never resorted to such atrocity.

If you're clueless about the subject maybe you should keep quiet?

Not that I'm sure they did that because of consoles specifically or just simply because like all companies they get desperate each time there's like 1 guy who doesn't understand something about their product. And for all I know, if inXile has any kind of testers they might be the same or of the same level as the subhumans who do the testing at Obsidian and well, we kinda know straight from the horse's mouth how Obsidian treats tester feedback.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Four party members, heath bars that broke the combat system, shitty UI and handholding for retards.

Wait, they have health bars?

Heaven forbid, oldschool RPG classics never resorted to such atrocity.
This cracked me up as well :lol:

This being the codex, the combat system would have been declared "broken" either way, but whatever... I just like how it is known in advance, both that the combat system is broken, that it was not broken beforehand, and what exactly broke it. Expert analysis! :D

If you're clueless about the subject maybe you should keep quiet?
You are equally clueless, as you haven't seen the game and its combat in action for long enough to know if it's broken by having a health bar.

Tryhards

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I know, I know, I have to play it 7 times to be sure it's broken.

Being broken at the moment is not as much the issue (expected after a big system change and the can still fix it), but why the change happened in the first place.

Though I'm sure you, as a connoisseur and having seen the game in action for long enough can clue me in on it with some expert analysis.

I stand here finger-crossed for that analysis to be anything but "WAIT AND SEE LULUL"

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I know, I know, I have to play it 7 times to be sure it's broken.

Being broken at the moment is not as much the issue (expected after a big system change and the can still fix it), but why the change happened in the first place.

Though I'm sure you, as a connoisseur and having seen the game in action for long enough can clue me in on it with some expert analysis.

I stand here finger-crossed for that analysis to be anything but "WAIT AND SEE LULUL"
But you are not paying attention here - "it's a game feature" = "it's broken" a priori. What's there to analyze? The Codex already knows.

Just like the journos who write a preview based on two screenshots and half a trailer. At least they're getting paid off for simulating excitement, like phone sex line workers.

In the Codex, we have the same, but working in the opposite direction, and they do it for free.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Actually some people played the beta. I'm sure you did too, right? Otherwise you wouldn't just randomly accuse people of not playing it?

And, if one has played the beta and has seen that there's something broken about it, do you think he should say something about it or just "wait and see"? No, really, what do you think is the point of a beta? Is it to wait for the final game + 2 expansions and hope problems fix by themselves because "durr you haven't seen enough it's just a beta"?

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Wait, they have health bars? Heaven forbid, oldschool RPG classics never resorted to such atrocity.

This cracked me up as well

You're kidding, right? With health bars, you don't need to care about your stat pools. Even if they're nearly depleted you still go into combat and win. If that's not dumbing down, I don't know what is. Stat pools depletion is supposed to be a sort of C&C in Numenera because of how important they are. Now in TToN it's simply boring and inconsequential resource management.

a mod

Formlery Melanoma
I guess it's also "lol 4 party members" and "lol so many colors". Consolization proven, case closed.

Consolized or not it's still shit. Even wizardry was 6+ party members. It really is the minimum to make a real RPG of note. Maybe you can do 4 if it's guns only, but for magical world? Pfft, your game system is cucked before you even get started.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Wasteland 2 let you control up to seven people, believing that the party member limit is because of consolization is ridiculous. :M

Consolized or not it's still shit. Even wizardry was 6+ party members. It really is the minimum to make a real RPG of note. Maybe you can do 4 if it's guns only, but for magical world? Pfft, your game system is cucked before you even get started.

A lot of people here loved Divinity: Original Sin and Knights of the Chalice.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shit games liberation front in full effect this morning.
Sort of, although the entire "front" is really just a few stubborn fanboys right now. Codexers en masse are awaiting the release, I guess. Not everybody has patience to closely follow a game for four several years, especially when infodumps are so scarce. I'd expect a lot more butthurt and drama (and not only on the Codex) closer to release date as the "no spoliers" crowd begins to catch up.

Basically, "I pledged $<insert amount> for a super-mega-ultimate-premium-deluxe edition and the game is shit!" Buyer's remorse posts are always fun to read. :lol:

Last edited:

a mod

Formlery Melanoma
Wasteland 2 let you control up to seven people, believing that the party member limit is because of consolization is ridiculous. :M

A lot of people here loved Divinity: Original Sin and Knights of the Chalice.

Just shows this is more consolized. But I was referring to WL 1 actually. Not to mention fallout....

Angthoron

Arcane
I dunno guys, this player party limit thing seems a bit shaky to me. WoW is a PC cRPG and you only have 1 character in it.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Shit games liberation front in full effect this morning.
Sort of, although the entire "front" is really just a few stubborn fanboys right now.
How am I a fanboy? I don't follow the game's development at all. Just made a small pledge like two years ago. If someone doesn't get a hysterical fit at the sight of a game feature reveal he's self-conditioned himself against, that doesn't make him a fanboy.

Actually some people played the beta. I'm sure you did too, right? Otherwise you wouldn't just randomly accuse people of not playing it?
Have you played the beta with healthbars?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Just shows this is more consolized.

You mean like Dark Sun: Shattered Lands?

But I was referring to WL 1 actually. Not to mention fallout....

One has simple, heavily abstracted combat and the other isn't even party-based.

Might as well say Underrail is consolized too. Or Blackguards with its limit of five (note: despite allowing you to control far more people at once, Blackguards 2 actually got dumber). :M

a mod

Formlery Melanoma
Just shows this is more consolized.

You mean like Dark Sun: Shattered Lands?

But I was referring to WL 1 actually. Not to mention fallout....

One has simple, heavily abstracted combat and the other isn't even party-based.

Might as well say Underrail is consolized too. Or Blackguards with its limit of five (note: despite allowing you to control far more people at once, Blackguards 2 actually got dumber). :M

What's your point exactly?

Dark Sun was pretty shit in the combat department. I literally didn't cast any spells through the whole game just zerg rushed with my gladiator.

WL 1 and Fallout could easily be ported to consoles, and their combat was hardly that exciting. They did port it to consoles, and it was shit but it wasn't because they fucked up the combat. WL 1 came from fucking 1984 though, and was still a step up from most games of its time.

Underrail is one guy from what I can see...you really may as well put it on a console. Why not?

If you are going to go with the RPG means you play a role crap then why not just play mass effect or some bioware abomination? You don't need kickstarter to get that shit made, they make it no matter how much we tell them to stop.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom