Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Torment: Tides of Numenera announced for PS4 and Xbox One, gets new trailer

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
PS: So Fargo reads this thread, gets salty and bans the Codex, the only one who would've addressed all the uncomfortable questions... :)
Fargo told you that? No. Don't try to manipulate then.

How the fuck you came out alive in this society without the skill of reading between the lines is a mystery to me.
Oh, I get it, you transformed yourself into the white knight of truth and justice.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
How could you come out of high school while being unable to differentiate between satement and assumption is what's puzzling.

Unless you're fine with unfounded accussations being thrown at you in the same manner.

And you don't give two shits about your own credibility. Who would take you seriously, besides other people whose words count for nothing?

a mod

Formlery Melanoma
How the fuck you came out alive in this society without the skill of reading between the lines is a mystery to me.
Oh, I get it, you transformed yourself into the white knight of truth and justice.

Gullible people were protected in the past, now it's become a huge evolutionary disadvantage to be a cuck in our predatory society. Suffice to say he won't reproduce himself and at this point I am not that sad over it.

OTOH Lady Error is at least as gullible...maybe we have a love connection :lol:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That is not the point, Roguey. The question is whether they changed certain features that would be expected in a Torment game because it would make the tak of porting to console easier.

They did not.

The game could be single-player for all I care, but the fact that they restricted the number of party members, along with other changes just to please the causals pisses me off.

Planescape Torment intentionally made a lot of changes to what was expected from a D&D/Infinity Engine game to make it more casual. :)

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Shit games liberation front in full effect this morning.
Sort of, although the entire "front" is really just a few stubborn fanboys right now.
How am I a fanboy? I don't follow the game's development at all. Just made a small pledge like two years ago. If someone doesn't get a hysterical fit at the sight of a game feature reveal he's self-conditioned himself against, that doesn't make him a fanboy.

Actually some people played the beta. I'm sure you did too, right? Otherwise you wouldn't just randomly accuse people of not playing it?
Have you played the beta with healthbars?

No, I did not. I also didn't complain about it being broken because of it, I don't know how much if at all broken it is, but I'm saying there were people who played it and said it was broken. Which is some hard to believe thing because they didn't play it enough, I'm sure, because you who... wait...

Yeah, you didn't answer my question, so I'm going to assume you haven't even touched the game and instead you are just a moron.

Edit:

Or right, I just read this.

I don't follow the game's development at all.

K, so, as suspected you are utterly clueless about the subject. Here, let me complete that for you: "I don't follow the game's development or have any clue whatsoever about anything related to game or software development".

Perhaps at least educate yourself about the game (and the system it uses, btw) before going into a hysterical fit because someone is saying bad things about something you payed for.

Newfags never change, man.

Last edited:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
"Sorry about the short notice but we have been requested to let you know that RPG Codex’s appointment to see Torment: Tides of Numenera has been cancelled. The reason we’ve been given is that a forum staff member (Infinitron – screen grabs attached) posted confidential information about the Gamescom demo on July 19th.

We understand that one person doesn’t represent the whole site, but as it’s a member of your staff posting this or giving this info out to be posted publicly, we’ve understandably been asked to take action."

Dildolos wept...

PS: So Fargo reads this thread, gets salty and bans the Codex, the only one who would've addressed all the uncomfortable questions... :)

Wait this is real? What did Infinitron post?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
"Sorry about the short notice but we have been requested to let you know that RPG Codex’s appointment to see Torment: Tides of Numenera has been cancelled. The reason we’ve been given is that a forum staff member (Infinitron – screen grabs attached) posted confidential information about the Gamescom demo on July 19th.

We understand that one person doesn’t represent the whole site, but as it’s a member of your staff posting this or giving this info out to be posted publicly, we’ve understandably been asked to take action."

Dildolos wept...

Wait this is real? What did Infinitron post?

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...orment-gamescom-appointment-cancelled.110327/

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I have to say I am not comfortable with this. A dual release means super consoley game and UI aimed at controller idiots and not civilized people with KBM. Also, this means the mechanics will probably be dumbed down or completely removed if they think it will hurt console sales. If the console release was after, like with WL2, we know we would be getting a pc game. I am thinking this will be a new console bard's tale like game.

Roqua

Prospernaut
I am very glad I did not trust them at the time (before WL2 DC came out I thought I became a fanboy) and did not back this nor have I bought the EA. From what I've been reading they pushed back the release date because of the console release and have already dumbed down gameplay they thought players wouldn't understand. Console players don't understand anything, and that is why console rpgs are devoid of any meat and complexity. Fuck these guys. I thought they wanted to be a rpg developer again, not console filth monkey fodder developer. I'm not buying this game out of protest now. I'll pick it up on a steam sale in a couple years I guess. If they do this shit with the new Bard's Tale my nerd rage will be high and I may stick a controller in my butt as I scream in rage.

Last edited:

Lyre Mors

Arcane
I am very glad I did not trust them at the time (before WL2 DC came out I thought I became a fanboy) and did not back this nor have I bought the EA. From what I've been reading they pushed back the release date because of the console release and have already dumbed down gameplay they thought players wouldn't understand. Console players don't understand anything, and that is why console rpgs are devoid of any meat and complexity. Fuck these guys. I thought they wanted to be a rpg developer again, not console filth monkey fodder developer. I'm not buying this game out of protest now. I'll pick it up on a steam sale in a couple years I guess. If they do this shit with the new Bard's Tale with nerd rage will be high and I may stick a controller in my butt as I scream in rage.

I feel like I'd be doing the same. Unfortunately I was stupid enough to pledge to the kickstarter. I think I've learned my lesson with these types of things now.

Roqua

Prospernaut
I am very glad I did not trust them at the time (before WL2 DC came out I thought I became a fanboy) and did not back this nor have I bought the EA. From what I've been reading they pushed back the release date because of the console release and have already dumbed down gameplay they thought players wouldn't understand. Console players don't understand anything, and that is why console rpgs are devoid of any meat and complexity. Fuck these guys. I thought they wanted to be a rpg developer again, not console filth monkey fodder developer. I'm not buying this game out of protest now. I'll pick it up on a steam sale in a couple years I guess. If they do this shit with the new Bard's Tale with nerd rage will be high and I may stick a controller in my butt as I scream in rage.

I feel like I'd be doing the same. Unfortunately I was stupid enough to pledge to the kickstarter. I think I've learned my lesson with these types of things now.

What is crazy is there promise to focus exclusively on pc without the console in mind at all, and now we find out the console is foremost in mind. How many people would not have backed if they knew the truth?

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Gullible people were protected in the past, now it's become a huge evolutionary disadvantage to be a cuck in our predatory society. Suffice to say he won't reproduce himself and at this point I am not that sad over it.

Your dad was a cuck and you are a moron, but Nature has a way of fixing its mistakes, and you will die as an social outcast with his own semen up his ass. Cheers!

No, I did not. I also didn't complain about it being broken because of it, I don't know how much if at all broken it is, but I'm saying there were people who played it and said it was broken. Which is some hard to believe thing because they didn't play it enough, I'm sure, because you who... wait...

Yeah, you didn't answer my question, so I'm going to assume you haven't even touched the game and instead you are just a moron.

Edit:

K, so, as suspected you are utterly clueless about the subject. Here, let me complete that for you: "I don't follow the game's development or have any clue whatsoever about anything related to game or software development".

Perhaps at least educate yourself about the game (and the system it uses, btw) before going into a hysterical fit because someone is saying bad things about something you payed for.

I didn't play the beta and I do not plan to.

Like I said above, getting burned out on bits and pieces of infirmation about the game kills the fun of actually playing it. I've established this from experience.

The difference between how informed I am about the game and how informed you are is minimal at this point, but you are under the illusion you know a lot because you don't differentiate between opinion and fact, much like the rest of the dumbfucks here.

AwesomeButton

Patron

Your dad was a cuck and you are a moron, but Nature has a way of fixing its mistakes, and you will die as an social outcast with his own semen up his ass. Cheers!

Edit:

Like I said above, getting burned out on bits and pieces of infirmation about the game kills the fun of actually playing it. I've established this from experience.

The difference between how informed I am about the game and how informed you are is minimal at this point, but you are under the illusion you know a lot because you don't differentiate between opinion and fact, much like the rest of the dumbfucks here.

you have literally whined about people using "cuck" as an insult before, you insolent racist hypocrite. go fuck your mom
Sure, so, I'm not allowed to use cuck as an insult? Who says that?
Oh, I'm also racist? :lol:

a mod

Formlery Melanoma

Infirmation? lol

It actually took me a minute of confused staring to realize you are just a moron who can't spell and I was wasting my time reading your retarded shit.

Also you're a cuck. And a faggot. And a consoletard. And probably some kind of ethnic.

AwesomeButton

Patron

Infirmation? lol

It actually took me a minute of confused staring to realize you are just a moron who can't spell and I was wasting my time reading your retarded shit.
Waah-waah, bad man can't spell! Don't cry baby! Cuck dad will chase bad man away.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
The difference between how informed I am about the game and how informed you are is minimal at this point,

Sure thing, a newfag moron will actually believe that nothing = something.

AwesomeButton

Patron
The difference between how informed I am about the game and how informed you are is minimal at this point,

Sure thing, a newfag moron will actually believe that nothing = something.
Resorting to newfag/oldfag labelling only serves to give you out as a tryhard wannabe-cool-kid. Nothing new there.

Not that it matters, but I've been in the arcanum irc channel since 2001.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Could we get back to an actual discussion about the scepticism of a console release coinciding with the PC one? ... instead of these ad hominem attacks? Shit's getting boring, yo

PM eachother if you want to trade insults, that's what gentlemen do.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy

What is crazy is there promise to focus exclusively on pc without the console in mind at all, and now we find out the console is foremost in mind. How many people would not have backed if they knew the truth?

From the kickstarter Q&A:

What about other platforms (OUYA, Steambox, tablets, consoles, etc.)?
This Kickstarter is focused on making the best computer RPG possible and we are focused on PC (Windows), Mac, and Linux. Other platforms may be possible at a later time, but all funds from this Kickstarter will focus on making the best computer gaming experience possible.

As you can see, it doesn't seem like they ever said they wouldn't do a console-port, they said that the funds would go to the PC development, which everything points to that it did (until proof is put forth). Doing a console-port after you finished developing the main features and got everything locked in for the PC-build, is not the same as developing the game with a clear console perspective in mind from the get go.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
They ran out of money and needed a publisher, just like Obsidian did with Pillars of Eternity.

Only this publisher said, "I want simultaneous console release kthx".

a mod

Formlery Melanoma
The developers' work itself has nothing to do with it.

lol

Even if that were true, does it matter? Nope.

In fact I'd just say if they can't make us a simple low rent RPG with 4 million dollars they are just fucking incompetent anyway.

This game has all the traditional signs of an epic turd, and even some new hipster ways that it will probably be an epic sjw turd as well. And hilariously :prosper: shit like that generic grannytranny party member :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom