Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Colin McComb 9 minutes ago
So for this update, let me just commit Kevin and say, "VERY SOON. TODAY."

hiver

Other than that the update is very underwhelming.

No info on any of the concepts of 3.0 tier?

Merchandise? Then more merchandise? Greeeeeat.

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik

Addons were very helpful during Project:Eternity campaign.Torment is slowly reaching the same amount of backers as P:E, maybe the maximum for such projects. Soon to squeeze current backers will be the only way to reach further goals.

CrazyLoon

Prophet

556914_456015211122645affa.png

:what:

hiver

Addons were very helpful during Project:Eternity campaign.Torment is slowly reaching the same amount of backers as P:E, maybe the maximum for such projects. Soon to squeeze current backers will be the only way to reach further goals.
Who cares?

If the backing continues as it is now we get Rothfuff and MCA easy.

There was three cults to talk about more, various basic things they could make clearer, the world map traveling, companion mechanics, some new small location in general, creatures of some kind, ecology, whatever.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
That was really good. Man all that companion stuff sounds fucking cool. And how the Toy works sounds really good.

And Mur seems awesome.

:love:

Captain Shrek

Why does she sound like a 13 year old girly dude?

But yeah. I must admit the companion description sounds A LOT like it was true for MoTB.

Globbi

Augur
The video update was really nice, actually talking about something with examples from game. Other than that nothing interesting, just housekeeping.

Brother None, do you know if for printed novella compilation I have to pay additional shipping if I already paid $18 for international physical goods? Are the books going to be shipped together with the game or earlier? Or is there a choice? I know it's all in the making but would be nice if there were such details, deciding on some of these goods depend on it.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Brother None, do you know if for printed novella compilation I have to pay additional shipping if I already paid $18 for international physical goods? Are the books going to be shipped together with the game or earlier? Or is there a choice? I know it's all in the making but would be nice if there were such details, deciding on some of these goods depend on it.

Novella does take additional shipping, yes, sorry. We're shipping them early so you don't get them way after digital delivery, and they're a hefty package so we can't ship for free worldwide.

Snikt

Novice
So the Last Castoff is kinda like a Voodoo Doll, except as a person...

Lancehead

Liturgist
I get the feeling your party can be uber-powerful with a little bit of metagaming.

Also, don't like the t-shirts designs (I know, mock-ups). The statuette is cool, though.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
There just needs to be a Serpent in Torment. The Symbology of Serpents is awesome. And a new avatar of Torment Serpent Art would be pure awesome <3.

hiver

- you stay away from my Nanoconda, hear?

I just hope they dont turn companions into emotional wrecks i need to baby sit and that cannot live without me... ffs...

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I just hope they dont turn companions into emotional wrecks i need to baby sit and that cannot live without me... ffs...

One thing i hope about the companions is that the player won't be able to completely change their personally with a few lines of text.

"c'mon stop being a bad dude, it's bad for universe karma"

"ok"

Hate when that shit happens, as we all know very few people actually change their personality, we are what we are, no matter what anyone says or tries to convince you otherwise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom