Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Hate when that shit happens, as we all know very few people actually change their personality, we are what we are, no matter what anyone says are tries to convince you otherwise.

Eh, some people are highly impressionable and sponge their opinions/personality almost entirely from outside sources. The Codex has hammered more than a few ductile individuals into obedient sheets of hivemind-approved rhetoric, for example. :hero:

In general, though, I tend to agree.

hiver

I just hope they dont turn companions into emotional wrecks i need to baby sit and that cannot live without me... ffs...

One thing i hope about the companions is that the player won't be able to completely change their personally with a few lines of text.

"c'mon stop being a bad dude, it's bad for universe karma"

"ok"

Hate when that shit happens, as we all know very few people actually change their personality, we are what we are, no matter what anyone says are tries to convince you otherwise.
Eh, some people are highly impressionable and sponge their opinions/personality almost entirely from outside sources. The Codex has hammered more than a few ductile individuals into obedient sheets of hivemind-approved rhetoric, for example. :hero:

In general, though, I tend to agree.
True on both accounts.Though here it is more a case of conforming to the group - popular opinions, rather then personal drama of individualistic kind.
Of course this team will do it better (right?) and after all, the PST companions were wrecks too, although for good reasons - namely TNO himself.

But.. were fucking traumatized by years of popamole damn it!!

Still, i would want to see companions having some balls and personality that will react in more substantial manner then just a line or two of dialogue.

/

absolutely nothing new in that whole interview.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Updated my Fourth Fathom http://tormentrpg.tumblr.com/castofflabyrinth

3tVuboe.png
RlOhIlF.png

hiver

Can we get a smaller pic please? These are too big for my diopter scale.

is that a sailing boat i see there?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Can we get a smaller pic please? These are too big for my diopter scale.

is that a sailing boat i see there?

Looks like a sailing boat with dragonfly wings for sails, yes (holy shit exotic!). It could be a wrecked ship, or it may just be some sort of outcropping that looks different from the rest of the environment.

That large root has eyes and a nose, too.

hiver

Could be a catamaran too, though it looks stuck in that small lake with no way out of it. I think i get the next fathom. Its the sea.
Its just that those crystals are showing under the surface.

-edit-
there seems to be a way out of that lake, right next to the squid.

-and i wouldnt call those dragonflies sails. its just the gib and the main, though leaning to the side for some reason.

but, they probably dont know crap about sailing boats anyway.
:)

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Still, i would want to see companions having some balls and personality that will react in more substantial manner then just a line or two of dialogue.

This. True reactivity is all about the unpredictability of your actions, i would love to see your companions not give a damn about you and are in it for their own personal power trip, or just throw a hissy fit because they don't want to go and save the princess or simply backstab you because they are greedy bastards.

Not only that but the inevitability of their personalities and actions, no matter how much you butter them up with dialogue they will still be (mostly) the same people they were at the start of the adventure.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Projects lose 3-8% at the end.
Yeah, they'll lose mine, among others, as Amazon's Visa handling policy means I won't be able to actually complete my pledge at the end of the campaign (something with security codes). It was the same with Dead State (eventually, I gave up, will buy on release) and Project Eternity (I fought with the bank for three weeks, but in the end transfered my pledge to PayPal, losing the $5 discount).

I'm going to do the same this time (I'm going for the $28 tier anyway), so if someone here wants a discounted $20 slot, send me a PM. The slot should be up for grabs when I cancel my pledge and move to PP.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Well, I'm glad I use MasterCard.

...Although if Visa's having difficulties during Amazon checkout, surely there'd be more than a 3-8% pledge loss? Visa is a pretty widely-used issuer. Must be some specific nonsense to do with your card/your Amazon/your bank or something.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I'm going to do the same this time (I'm going for the $28 tier anyway), so if someone here wants a discounted $20 slot, send me a PM. The slot should be up for grabs when I cancel my pledge and move to PP.
I'll forewarn tho; $20 slots jump in and out like crazy, and the annoying thing is you'll very often find yourself with your Amazon payment registered, but then when you return to Kickstarter it'll say $20 tier sold out, and you'll have to go back and cancel your Amazon payment. Got a lot of notes about this, so keep that in mind, you'd have to be pretty quick about it to avoid this bit of weirdness.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thanks for the warning.

Well, I'm glad I use MasterCard.

...Although if Visa's having difficulties during Amazon checkout, surely there'd be more than a 3-8% pledge loss? Visa is a pretty widely-used issuer. Must be some specific nonsense to do with your card/your Amazon/your bank or something.
Polish Visa cards use some kind of three digit security code that is not supported by Amazon (literally there is no window to enter it anymore) and the credit card company here in Potatoland rejects all payments without it. Maybe this code is not required in other countires.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Polish Visa cards use some kind of three digit security code that is not supported by Amazon (literally there is no window to enter it anymore) and the credit card company here in Potatoland rejects all payments without it. Maybe this code is not required in other countires.
All Visas have that. Amazon indeed never asks for it, but I've never had problems making payments with it despite that. I guess it's a specific Polish thing to bounce the payments over it? Seems a little odd.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
European visa cards, at least in Portugal, have these digits at the back, if i recall Amazon.co.uk asks for them for purchases using visa.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom