Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Polish Visa cards use some kind of three digit security code that is not supported by Amazon (literally there is no window to enter it anymore) and the credit card company here in Potatoland rejects all payments without it. Maybe this code is not required in other countires.

That's the CVV code. Never had any problem with it and I shop at Amazon regularly. Must be a potato thing.
EDIT: Admittedly, I have Mastercard, but that should not matter as both companies use it.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, Polish Visa company was extremely butthurt over my payments lacking this code, so maybe it's some kind of Potato law thing regarding internet money transfer.

Globbi

Augur
Generally the CCV code is required in Internet transaction. It's just obsolete US thing that credit cards can at all be used without it in internet transation.. Still, I've got my Polish card and it works fine on Amazon. It just makes me feel uneasy trusting some bank employee to compare my address to validate this.

hiver

Did you that the Kraken is a giant squid? :roll:
Lies! propaganda! Its a giant octopus man... dont believe the hype!

Still, i would want to see companions having some balls and personality that will react in more substantial manner then just a line or two of dialogue.

This. True reactivity is all about the unpredictability of your actions, i would love to see your companions not give a damn about you and are in it for their own personal power trip, or just throw a hissy fit because they don't want to go and save the princess or simply backstab you because they are greedy bastards.

Not only that but the inevitability of their personalities and actions, no matter how much you butter them up with dialogue they will still be (mostly) the same people they were at the start of the adventure.
Yeah... well, the things Lafferty mentioned did kinda hint into that direction in some details. And she did say quite clearly they will leave you at times.
I guess its just my paranoia talking.

Its just too fucking little info to get a clear picture.

That thing about me somehow transferring my "pain" to them... sounds good at first but, just brings ten questions more about it, that just hang there, yapping.
Is it only to them? if yeas then Why?
If not then.. what? i can transfer my pain to anyone? no, why not*

Are they going to just jump onto my lap, or am i going to have to do anything to get them?
Yes - why? No -why?

: grrr! :

Hormalakh

Magister
I'm going to do the same this time (I'm going for the $28 tier anyway), so if someone here wants a discounted $20 slot, send me a PM. The slot should be up for grabs when I cancel my pledge and move to PP.
I'll forewarn tho; $20 slots jump in and out like crazy, and the annoying thing is you'll very often find yourself with your Amazon payment registered, but then when you return to Kickstarter it'll say $20 tier sold out, and you'll have to go back and cancel your Amazon payment. Got a lot of notes about this, so keep that in mind, you'd have to be pretty quick about it to avoid this bit of weirdness.

Damnit this happened to me. How can I find out if my payment to Amazon went through and how can I cancel it?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Did you that the Kraken is a giant squid? :roll:
Lies! propaganda! Its a giant octopus man... dont believe the hype!

Still, i would want to see companions having some balls and personality that will react in more substantial manner then just a line or two of dialogue.

This. True reactivity is all about the unpredictability of your actions, i would love to see your companions not give a damn about you and are in it for their own personal power trip, or just throw a hissy fit because they don't want to go and save the princess or simply backstab you because they are greedy bastards.

Not only that but the inevitability of their personalities and actions, no matter how much you butter them up with dialogue they will still be (mostly) the same people they were at the start of the adventure.
Yeah... well, the things Lafferty mentioned did kinda hint into that direction in some details. And she did say quite clearly they will leave you at times.
I guess its just my paranoia talking.

Its just too fucking little info to get a clear picture.

That thing about me somehow transferring my "pain" to them... sounds good at first but, just brings ten questions more about it, that just hang there, yapping.
Is it only to them? if yeas then Why?
If not then.. what? i can transfer my pain to anyone? no, why not*

Are they going to just jump onto my lap, or am i going to have to do anything to get them?
Yes - why? No -why?

: grrr! :

We are overthinking this... desperately need a good rpg release in the next few months to calm everyone down, Shadowrun is the closest thing to a crpg coming up, right?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Still, I've got my Polish card and it works fine on Amazon. It just makes me feel uneasy trusting some bank employee to compare my address to validate this.
Maybe that's the issue there? My city name (Poznań) is listed as "Poznan" on my Amazon account. Maybe some automated shit compares these two and finds a difference?

winterraptor

Cipher
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera

While 'traitors' has been done before, I'd like to see the latter in the form of someone you can forgive or manage despite their constant greed, ala Jayne from Firefly. Someone with a unique role that makes you think twice about the gut reaction of 'holy shit, my companion just screwed me over, they're DEAD!' Naturally still with choices later to re-backstab them for some extra satisfaction, if the PC desires such.

A 'necessary evil' type, basically, would be cool.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

While 'traitors' has been done before, I'd like to see the latter in the form of someone you can forgive or manage despite their constant greed, ala Jayne from Firefly. Someone with a unique role that makes you think twice about the gut reaction of 'holy shit, my companion just screwed me over, they're DEAD!' Naturally still with choices later to re-backstab them for some extra satisfaction, if the PC desires such.

A 'necessary evil' type, basically, would be cool.
I stopped reading at "Jayne". WE NEED A JAYNE-LIKE CHARACTER IN TORMENT! NAO!

Captain Shrek

We are overthinking this... desperately need a good rpg release in the next few months to calm everyone down, Shadowrun is the closest thing to a crpg coming up, right?

No. It is AoD. Out Thursday.

But seriously it may be Conquistador.

Globbi

Augur
I'm going to do the same this time (I'm going for the $28 tier anyway), so if someone here wants a discounted $20 slot, send me a PM. The slot should be up for grabs when I cancel my pledge and move to PP.
I'll forewarn tho; $20 slots jump in and out like crazy, and the annoying thing is you'll very often find yourself with your Amazon payment registered, but then when you return to Kickstarter it'll say $20 tier sold out, and you'll have to go back and cancel your Amazon payment. Got a lot of notes about this, so keep that in mind, you'd have to be pretty quick about it to avoid this bit of weirdness.

Damnit this happened to me. How can I find out if my payment to Amazon went through and how can I cancel it?
https://payments.amazon.com/ > account settings > Payment Authorizations
It's just payment authorization though, it's not an order. I canceled the useless ones just in case, but I don't think you need to do it. It's just that money is taken from your card only after the KS ends and you should be only charged with your final pledge, even though you authorized some more options. KS doesn't even inform you about this even though huge amount of people change their pledges many times.

hiver

Of course we are. There is no real fucking info on specifics! :mad:

Its really pissing me off. That whole... flirting with mass market, PR ... crap!

/

Of course, that horrible merchandise update yesterday brought it another good day of 54K pledges compared to previous one 34K.

what a bunch of scumbags...

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Updated my fathom depth.

wogDUpq.png

Hormalakh

Magister
https://payments.amazon.com/ > account settings > Payment Authorizations
It's just payment authorization though, it's not an order. I canceled the useless ones just in case, but I don't think you need to do it. It's just that money is taken from your card only after the KS ends and you should be only charged with your final pledge, even though you authorized some more options. KS doesn't even inform you about this even though huge amount of people change their pledges many times.
:bro: thanks

Fryjar

Augur
Brother None: Where did this pledger spike yesterday come from? Was it that article on fastcompany or did I miss anything else? If yes, then its interesting to see that an article on a main stream website has a greater influence than playing the MCA trump card coupled with tons of gaming media coverage has at this point of the kickstarter's life.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Brother None: Where did this pledger spike yesterday come from? Was it that article on fastcompany or did I miss anything else? If yes, then its interesting to see that an article on a main stream website has a greater influence than playing the MCA trump card coupled with tons of gaming media coverage has at this point of the kickstarter's life.
Probably a combination of fastcompany, PE mention, people upgrading after the latest upgrade, and paychecks coming in.

The bump was less than the MCA bump, note.

Fryjar

Augur
Probably a combination of fastcompany, PE mention, people upgrading after the latest upgrade, and paychecks coming in.

The bump was less than the MCA bump, note.

Hate to bring this up all the time, but any decision reached regarding tying fathom levels to facebook likes?
Is there any proper argument against it other than having to spend more man hours creating more fathom levels? Wouldn't reducing the size of each not solve the issue in this case?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Right, so this week they were supposed to say something about 2D vs 3D? When is it coming?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom