Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
The Codex should host an 'official Torment forum' :D

Project: Eternity
Thanks for the warning.

Polish Visa cards use some kind of three digit security code that is not supported by Amazon (literally there is no window to enter it anymore) and the credit card company here in Potatoland rejects all payments without it. Maybe this code is not required in other countires.
Get a prepaid card. I had same problem and in bank they even told me that there aren't any companies that aren't using cvv(and that they never heard of that "amazon" thing :roll: ), so I've got prepaid card and it works perfectly.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://gamebanshee.com/news/111080-torment-tides-of-numenera-podcast-interview.html

AM 640 radio show Video Game Sophistry has chatted with Brian Fargo about Torment: Tides of Numenera today. You can listen to the episode in streaming here or download it from this link.

The interview starts around 24:30 and touches on topics such as the title's success on Kickstarter, the economics of Kickstarter, the "cerebral" focus of the title, the Numenera setting, the tides and legacies and more.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://twitter.com/BrianFargo/status/317401155275743233/photo/1
BGeiq0gCYAA5Q5d.jpg:large

:martini:

hiver

Man... that place would look great flying apart in slow motion if somebody would blew it up.

- not while our MCA is there of course, and Fargo. I meant later! what? -

Longshanks

Augur
"2D backgrounds" is the top-voted stretch goal, and the third-highest-voted idea period on the Torment Community site.

They're very obviously holding back on purpose, and it's the one turd floating around in an otherwise pleasant punchbowl.

More likely that they're holding back a screenshot for the right moment. PE had the biggest KS finish of any game and the screenshot they released had a lot to do with it. I don't think 2D backgrounds will be the $4M stretch goal.

Rake

Arcane
"2D backgrounds" is the top-voted stretch goal, and the third-highest-voted idea period on the Torment Community site.

They're very obviously holding back on purpose, and it's the one turd floating around in an otherwise pleasant punchbowl.

More likely that they're holding back a screenshot for the right moment. PE had the biggest KS finish of any game and the screenshot they released had a lot to do with it. I don't think 2D backgrounds will be the $4M stretch goal.
If they put 2D above that they risk that the strech goal is not funded. And if it becomes clear that the game will not be 2D, many people will lower their pledges. Then say goodbuy in the last spike. It's a thin line.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
If they put 2D above that they risk that the strech goal is not funded. And if it becomes clear that the game will not be 2D, many people will lower their pledges. Then say goodbuy in the last spike. It's a thin line.
I'm not even sure it will reach 4mil anyway. It seems to be going rather slow lately.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm not even sure it will reach 4mil anyway. It seems to be going rather slow lately.
I think it will reach 3,7m with the paypal numbers, but that's it.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm calling it now: $4.2m including PayPal, provided there's an interesting update today to maintain at least some momentum. Ideally they should be updating very nearly every day (though not quite), as P:E did, if I remember correctly. How difficult can it be to dole out 25 blog-sized pages of information over the course of an entire month? Is it really worth releasing only half the updates if you stand to lose hundreds or thousands of potential pledges due to loss of momentum? I'm honestly mystified.

I don't care about updates OR stretch goal carrot-and-sticks, personally, except to hear some confirmation about a few key issues/features—and I pledged $1k on day one, evidence enough that I'm not in the "get you to pledge midway through the campaign" target audience. But these "momentum" tactics seem to be important for the general populace.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
According to the graph this is the point where it has to pick up if it wants to beat PE. If it stays flat, than the final push might not be enough.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Infinitron

Interesting. I hadn't expected their (P:E and T:ToN) trends to be so similar, other than the fact that T:ToN is higher on the y-axis due to its initial surge of pledges.

J_C

Yeah, you can see how T:ToN is flattening out at the leading edge for the past day, unlike P:E which began to skyrocket that same day.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
According to the graph this is the point where it has to pick up if it wants to beat PE. If it stays flat, than the final push might not be enough.
I think it is unlikely to pick up in a major way before and over the weekend. Come Monday tho :kfc:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom