Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Kz3r0

Arcane
Can anyone point me towards any big project with a lame pitch video?
I only remember Takedown(200K$), courtesy of Notch and total Biscuit, and a consoletard getting 40K$ for an RPG Maker game, well the whole Shaker debacle, but it didn't get funded.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I only remember Takedown(200K$) and a consoletard getting 40K$ for an RPG Maker game, weel the whole Shaker debacle, but it didn't get funded.
Thorvalla

Kz3r0

Arcane
I only remember Takedown(200K$) and a consoletard getting 40K$ for an RPG Maker game, weel the whole Shaker debacle, but it didn't get funded.
Thorvalla
An embarrassing failure, weren't we talking about getting money without any effort with shit videos?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh, whoops, I mis-understood your post.

I guess the Jane Jensen studio was kind of lame in that they didn't talk about the game at all, but they clearly put effort into it.

In terms of the art design (and let's be honest, that's all they've got so far) this game is looking far better than either Wasteland 2 or Project Eternity. I'm just hoping the modellers and in-game artists can do justice to the concept art.

Wasteland : sure. The game isn't supposed to look pretty anyway.

Project eternity : no. That would be like saying Rococo Baroque is superior to Gothic style. Both are High Tier style, One is much more convoluted, with loads of stuff sticking out. Yet nobody in their right mind would pit Gothic against baroque and claim to find a winner.

Beside, concept art >>> in-game graphics. We haven't seen any PE architectural concept art, while we got 2 nice Torment city. We only saw a PE in-game shot.

Your apologetic tone and attempt to enlarge the issue to make a point makes your your comments difficult to take seriously.

I'm really not impressed by the concept work for Eternity. The art direction is all over the place. It looks like it comes from several completely different games. That's exactly what you would expect when you have a team winging the project like they did. It was inevitable that this one would be more cohesive. It was a more solid vision from the start.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
strech goals: Michael T. Weiss and Sheena Easton voicing!

:yeah:

:dance:

(that was a suggestion btw, they didn't announce anything of the sort)

I know. :( But fuck that would be pretty cool though. But again they can't actually bring back any of the original characters into this (which is OK by me) because WotC/HASBRO owns the PST IP.
Wait, The Pretender was in PS:T ? :eek:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Oh, whoops, I mis-understood your post.

I guess the Jane Jensen studio was kind of lame in that they didn't talk about the game at all, but they clearly put effort into it.
Actually that was a really cool video, great mood and lighting, chocked full with references to her previous games, fans will surely got all of those, add a cute girl to the mixture and that was decisively not lame at all.
The phase of getting money without effort was at the beginning, when crowdfunding was seen as a form of charity mostly, even then it was worth ten thousand bucks at most.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
strech goals: Michael T. Weiss and Sheena Easton voicing!

:yeah:

:dance:

(that was a suggestion btw, they didn't announce anything of the sort)

I know. :( But fuck that would be pretty cool though. But again they can't actually bring back any of the original characters into this (which is OK by me) because WotC/HASBRO owns the PST IP.
Wait, The Pretender was in PS:T ? :eek:

doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I would probably assume tomorrow, if they make the goal tonight.

I hope they go all out, not limit the goals to extensions of the gameplay itself, like extra areas or player strongholds (tho both would be awesome) things like 2D isometric perspective, introductory vignettes for each class, and much more.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
:incline:

koolaidrpzb0.png

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
They're at over 60% now and it's been only several hours! Wow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom