Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ouch. Beaten at his own game.

That said, unless that is the offishul one he could make one super quick and then ask Fargo to get official status, like he got on his wasteland wiki. He has the contacts, could ask brother none to pull some strings.

Edit: oh, I thought that wiki was someone elses. He's still the best at what he does, I guess.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Yeah, and Ausir's already been in touch with him. Don't worry about his wiki-savvy, dude's got da moves.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Doing the stretch goals by $500,000 increments is a real shot in the dark at hoping this kind of momentum lasts. Can't blame them for trying though I guess.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Doing the stretch goals by $500,000 increments is a real shot in the dark at hoping this kind of momentum lasts. Can't blame them for trying though I guess.

There is also the looming Gariott KS tomorrow. So that could have an impact.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
It's aggressive, yes, but we can always build them out and add between-stretch goals if needed. Just riding the wave for now.

There is also the looming Gariott KS tomorrow. So that could have an impact.
Oh no I'm so scared.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I know it's not too probable, but there is a slight chance that LB might offer something worthwhile. That would slow down your campaign, wouldn't you agree?

We'll slow down when we hit the weekend anyway, you automatically slow down at the 3-4 days point with Kickstarter.

Besides, at this stage I'd welcome a little slowing down, haha. 15-hour work days are no fun.

Kirtai

Augur
I admit it's nice to be able to worry about the possibility of having too many good cRPGs projects available.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
There is what? Chaos Chronicles, Wasteland 2, Eternity, Shadowrun Returns and Torment.

That's too much?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The Divinity games promise to be pretty good. And Dead State and Age of Decadence. Hell I'm excited about TW3 and Cyberpunk, even though they're kind of in a different niche, and hopefuly Piranha Bytes returns to their roots with their next Gothic/Risen.

Snerf

Learned
There is what? Chaos Chronicles, Wasteland 2, Eternity, Shadowrun Returns and Torment.

That's too much?

I don't think that's too much at all, but before 2012 it would have taken a decade to come up with 5 or 6 promising titles.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Looking forward for CRPG releases has become an alien process. People are more used to looking back for something they've missed at this point.

Kirtai

Augur

That's too much?
I didn't phrase that well, I was thinking more of the possibility of having to choose between funding a Torment game or an Ultima-in-disguise at the same time. Quite a change from a few years back.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
I didn't phrase that well, I was thinking more of the possibility of having to choose between funding a Torment game or an Ultima-in-disguise at the same time. Quite a change from a few years back.

I think what you meant was:

It is amazing that we can for the first time in fucking years we have actual cRPG's to look forward too, instead of fucking shitty console action game romance simulators and hiking simulators.

Kirtai

Augur
Yeah, pretty much that :)

Though my wallet isn't happy. Ah well, eating is overrated.

Kirtai

Augur
It's absurd how fast it's gone up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom