Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Kirtai

Augur
Haha, I should really clarify I was kidding around with that. You guys can go back to speculating on what we would've done if we'd only been able to do one gender.
Nah, the giveaway was that you had the female art ready but not the male and you'd be silly not to work on the one you knew you definitely needed first :)

Edit: Besides, it doesn't really matter. People will use your quote as a bludgeon anyway :D

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
How do I kill it with fire, i.e. how do I let them know I don't want romances?

Reply to it in the comment section.

I can't, I just registered, and when I click here on the link it says that this idea is waiting for moderator approval. :troll:

You can also "vote" against a popular idea by posting a new suggestion that explains why you are against the other one. And then you need enough votes for your 'rebuttal'.

So in this case (if they bring it back), someone should post a new suggestion to make romance limited within the game, like it was in the original Torment.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Damn it, they're keeping the 2D goal for 4 million, I bet. :rpgcodex: Deeper reactivity sounds good, though.

Gondolin

Arcane
The stretch goals are amusing. Project Eternity had some variation at least: a new class, a new area, more dungeon levels, more NPCs.

Torment: 2 million - we write some more, 2.5 million - we write even more, 3 million - ... guess what?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The stretch goals are amusing. Project Eternity had some variation at least: a new class, a new area, more dungeon levels, more NPCs.

Torment: 2 million - we write some more, 2.5 million - we write even more, 3 million - ... guess what?
What do you want from a Torment title, bro? The variation will be in the stories.

Raapys

Arcane
Yeah, I think that more writing effectively means 'new areas, characters, stories, etc.' though.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

One could easily flip that around and say that nickel-and-diming backers with a character class here and a new area there was an annoying exercise in carrot-and-stick amateur psychology.

Personally, I don't particularly like stretch goals at all and they don't influence whether or how much I'm willing to donate, so generally I don't care what approach is taken (although some particularly bad stretch goal schemes are a source of amusement). I realize they're somewhat necessary to encourage certain type of backers, but I wish they weren't.

Gondolin

Arcane
One could easily flip that around and say that nickel-and-diming backers with a character class here and a new area there was an annoying exercise in carrot-and-stick amateur psychology.

Personally, I don't particularly like stretch goals at all and they don't influence whether or how much I'm willing to donate, so generally I don't care what approach is taken (although some particularly bad stretch goal schemes are a source of amusement). I realize they're somewhat necessary to encourage certain type of backers, but I wish they weren't.

True, true.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
? We've done a new companion and two new areas so far, with a second companion and a third area that will become a continuous stretch goal coming up. Sure, there's also general "more writing", but not sure why you're ignoring the specific additions cited. There's some other specific stuff we'll cite in future stretch goals too, though classes are obviously not going to be stretch goals for us.

Gondolin

Arcane
? We've done a new companion and two new areas so far, with a second companion and a third area that will become a continuous stretch goal coming up. Sure, there's also general "more writing", but not sure why you're ignoring the specific additions cited. There's some other specific stuff we'll cite in future stretch goals too, though classes are obviously not going to be stretch goals for us.

I was going to say that you're taking my lighthearted comment too seriously, but then I realized that's your job.

Kem0sabe

Arcane

Can you even hint if there will be a 2D stretch goal? Even a "it´s a remote possibility" would satisfy me. After watching that Shadowrun video i can´t stomach that Wasteland 2 3d look anymore.

Gondolin

Arcane
I should stop vague-hinting though. It's annoying when I do. So I won't!

Tells us or...

9de33890df71f537ba5789c836c4320a.gif

Gondolin

Arcane
“I hope they go really big before us and we trail right along behind,” said Garriott. “So while we won’t beat their speed to a million I’m hopeful we can keep pace as the numbers for Shroud of the Avatar go higher.”

Do tell. :|

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom