Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There's been a shift from pseudosimulation, as Roguey would put it, to full on gamist design.
Dude what you people mean by "pseudosimulation" is basically at the heart of every role-playing game, all that happened to D&D was becoming more mechanical and contrived.
Mechanical and contrived = gamist

Gozma

Arcane
Re: Why didn't Obsidian do Torment?

A Torment sequel seemed like an obviously retarded IP-grubbing idea before the TToN treatment came out.

I feel like this is gonna be one of those things where people can't remember thinking "incorrect" things if it doesn't become a Codex meme.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The total is more-or-less guaranteed to reach $4m, as it's following a similar pattern to P:E and W2, except with a surge of initial momentum that P:E didn't enjoy. It's fairly likely to reach $4.5 or even $5m, and there's a slim outside chance it'll reach $6m.

That said, the stretch goals are less incremental than P:E's were, and they'll need to keep quality updates flowing throughout the campaign.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
So more vaporware for inexile (have they ever made a good game?)

Shame on them for using Torment's name

race_title.png

Koschey

Arcane
I have seen too much stuff like discussions about the taste of Tali's sweat to be able to doubt the sincerity behind any of these demands anymore.

Unwanted

bot

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Queued
The flow of pledges stagnated at ~3k $/hour. Seems like this drive differs from that of PE in that there are very little latecomers to the party - probably thanks to Obsidian newsletter to PE backers and the early interviews as well as general population's familiarity with crowd funding. Most estimates don't take this shift into consideration. TToN total might be no better than PE's.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's going to be another update today. Maybe it will stir things up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom