Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The flow of pledges stagnated at ~3k $/hour. Seems like this drive differs from that of PE in that there are very little latecomers to the party - probably thanks to Obsidian newsletter to PE backers and the early interviews as well as general population's familiarity with crowd funding. Most estimates don't take this shift into consideration. TToN total might be no better than PE's.
Go check out PE's $/day throughout the campaign. Their funding mostly came from an initial and final burst, with funding bottoming out around 25-30k/day for a week in the middle. Right now, aside from the bigger first day+, the two campaigns are tracking very closely, so it seems probably the Torment will end up ahead..

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"You can even enter the Ball of Goo"...

Wat o_O
Not Torment. Numenera.

Of course, it's obvious that most mods would be Torment related and of the "have sex with your ball of goo" variety, but hey... some could be worth it, if Numenera players get to do them.

OK, OK, I guess it's not worth the risk to get Torment 2 to be the next haven for Bioware scum.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
With luck we'll reach the 2.5 million stretch goal by tomorrow.

We?

:brothernone:

brothernonesmileysmal7bura.png

Zeriel

Arcane
I like the "we're not interested in broadening our audience" bit. This would seem to be the obvious way Kickstarter is supposed to work (i.e we are paying so they don't have to do what some private investor wants), but in light of a lot of Kickstarters revealing they are in fact backed by private investors and Kickstarter is just a piggy-bank, I see comments like this as almost required to clear the air of suspicions.

Stabwound

Arcane
Agreed. inXile seems to be one of the few keeping things 100% independent. Then you have guys like Garriott who apparently already secured millions in private funding prior to the kickstarter campaign. This kind of perversion of the kickstarter system is going to kill it.

I fucking hate the stretch goal many come up with of: "porting to tablets and phones!" - who benefits more from this: the player base or the people selling the game?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
TAKE THIS TALIMANCERS :yeah::martini:

:salute: inXile.

They basically just said "fuck off" to the Bioware scum.
Inb4 3 thirds of the pledges go away.
Or well, those people are usually in the TL;DR crowd, so I guess there's no reason to worry.

Oh, also, romance with the ball of goo was my idea, that billygoat guy must have stole it from me. :(

Kirtai

Augur
"For example, there is no total this Kickstarter could reach that would lead us to implement multiplayer"
Good to hear after stuff like the Lord British KS.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
I knew inXile were true bros. Fantastic update. Here's a short list of people who can fuck off:

• bulbous weeaboo hambeasts and their inevitable stockpiles of resin waifu statuettes
  • self-actualized "gamer" womyn
  • Hamburger Helper and other despicably bad professional fan fiction "writers"
  • bronies
  • babyfurs
  • simpering man-feminist ultra-liberals
  • Biodrones
  • Asperger's sufferers and autists (see "Biodrones")
  • completely normal, intelligent and well-adjusted people who've never done a thing to me, but like something that I don't

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I knew inXile were true bros. Fantastic update. Here's a short list of people who can fuck off:

• bulbous weeaboo hambeasts and their inevitable stockpiles of resin waifu statuettes
  • bronies
  • babyfurs
  • Biodrones
  • completely normal, intelligent and well-adjusted people who've never done a thing to me, but like something that I don't

You could have just written "Hooray, no romance"

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity

• bronies
  • babyfurs
  • Biodrones

You could have just written "Hooray, no romance"
But it does sound better that way, you know?

Zeriel

Arcane
I also don't see how there would be any overlap between autistic people and biodrones. Aspergers I can see as just a cover-term for antisocial weirdos, but autistic people would if anything probably be fairly gamist and systems-oriented people, which is the very opposite of what Bioware does these days. Trying to dissect someone's troll-y list of satirical labels is silly, though, so I'll stop there.

Murk

Arcane
I also don't see how there would be any overlap between autistic people and biodrones. Aspergers I can see as just a cover-term for antisocial weirdos, but autistic people would if anything probably be fairly gamist and systems-oriented people, which is the very opposite of what Bioware does these days. Trying to dissect someone's troll-y list of satirical labels is silly, though, so I'll stop there.

Do you guys even know what the word "liberal" even means?
Glyphwright.

Touche.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
"You can even enter the Ball of Goo"...

Wat o_O
Not Torment. Numenera.

Of course, it's obvious that most mods would be Torment related and of the "have sex with your ball of goo" variety, but hey... some could be worth it, if Numenera players get to do them.

OK, OK, I guess it's not worth the risk to get Torment 2 to be the next haven for Bioware scum.

I can't believe nobody said balls deep romance.

J1M

Arcane
Forgive me for not knowing anything about this unproven license, but do numbers have a special significance in Numenera or is it just a name?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Do you guys even know what the word "liberal" even means?

What prompted you to challenge my use of the word "ultra-liberal" in that context? In what way is it inaccurate to describe feminists (let alone male feminists) as liberals or ultra-liberals? Not all liberals are feminists, but all feminists are certainly liberals. Fighting for (their concept of) change and progress is what feminism professes to be about.

Since you find my rather bog-standard usage of the term objectionable, I'm awfully curious to hear a summary of your personal definition of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom