Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

Prime Junta

It is a bad game. It's a disappointing game. The game does have some really negative points. I would not advise buying it.

Couldn't agree with you more.

existential_vacuum

.PNG Police
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
So you play a woman...
Nigga of course I play as a woman. No way in hell I was going to stare at this shit for 20+ hours:
Portrait_LCO_Male_2.png
Female portrait was some what salvagable, but is nothing near the quality of this.
codexseductress.png

EDIT: fixed image hosting fuckery

Last edited:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Taken from inXile forums:

UK console charts for last week (Sunday to Saturday):

https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp ... &ct=110015

Torment didn't make it into the top 40. Its strongest competition was Horizon Zero Dawn, which was branded as an RPG, launched on the same day as Torment, and immediately topped the charts. Torment also sold fewer copies than Fallout 4, Dishonored 2, or Skyrim Special Edition this week, even though it considerably outperformed these games on Steam.

All signs point to the Torment console editions selling considerably fewer copies than the Steam edition.

Huh...console peasants aren't rushing in to buy text-heavy storyfag game...who possibly could've predicted that! I hope chasing the console markets was worth it. :dealwithit:

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
I must have very low standards... but I enjoy the game.

You don't have low standards, what you have is a like for actual rpgs. These other posers did the same shit every time a Troika game came out. Just bash, bash, bash and try to hurt them as much as possible because it wasn't a Bioware game or an Asian game.

Don't worry about what these fucking retards say - these idiots are too dumb to realize they don't even like the genre of the site they are posting on. Just pure fucking retardo.

If you like it, rate it well so us normal people can combat the evil cult of rpg haters.

If you actually listen to what they say it isn't much - just general and ambiguous talking points and can be applied to all games, even the non-rpg Asian games the love. These idiots try and come off as a pedant while being the exact opposite of pedantic.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
So, while everyone cheers that inXile is taking a hit due to all your combined nerd rage, what is your goal? Attack, attack, attack every non-AAA rpg studio until there is only Bioware, Bethesda, and CD Project? I don't understand how people on a supposed rpg forum can clap at the second death of rpgs. You fucking pricks did this with Troika. Where is your hate on all these fucking super rpg-lite Asian games that come out? Where is your rage?

What is your goal? Your fucking nerd whinny and genre hate doesn't work when it comes to the AAAs, you refuse to attack the Asian games you all really love. What do you guys have against rpgs? Seriously, why do you guys even post here?
Oh come on, you must see that this is a tad over board. People can be disappointed, especially when InXile took a beloved classic and promised to build upon it. It practically had to be perfect to work, and they missed the mark in some aspects. InXile knew what they were getting into.

Also, what do asian rpgs have to do with this? When was the last time we had a news post on Asian RPGs?

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
BTW here is my take on the story as it SHOULD have been:

Take 1:

Immortality has one major disadvantage: it makes the immortal man suffer from a lot of angst; a side effect if you will. To get rid of it, the changing god purges all those negative aspects of his memories into the machine that he uses to create castoffs. Without him realizing it, the machine manifests these memories into a creature called Sorrow that is now only full of the worst of his emotions and now wants to kill him for its constant suffering. Every castoff creation makes it both more powerful and madder due to the machine pumping every new power the Changing god (TCG) creates for himself into the Sorrow. This happens because the machine is a Numenera that TCG discovered and the Sorrow is the failsafe built into it to prevent abuse.

The above explains the Sorrow better than the game and eliminates the need of the TIdes entirely. Also, makes the plot more plausible. Gives the Sorrow a motivation to hunt down TCG AND the castoffs because the Sorrow is insane/mad at everything TCG.

Take 2:

Immortality has not malus whatsoever. The real reason why the Sorrow, a cosmic guardian hunts the TCG is because he has tinkered too much with the past with the probability engine and the endless war, especially the latter. This makes the very fabric of space-time weak. The future people have created Sorrow to stop the TCG and destroy his creations so this abuse can stop. The Sorrow will be named the Guardian or some such in this case. Once again the stupid tides are eliminated from the story.

Both of the above possibilities deal with important ethical and moral choices and maintain some semblance to PST, allowing deep emotional stories to be written.

GloomFrost

Arcane

You don't have low standards, what you have is a like for actual rpgs. These other posers did the same shit every time a Troika game came out. Just bash, bash, bash and try to hurt them as much as possible because it wasn't a Bioware game or an Asian game.

Don't worry about what these fucking retards say - these idiots are too dumb to realize they don't even like the genre of the site they are posting on. Just pure fucking retardo.

If you like it, rate it well so us normal people can combat the evil cult of rpg haters.

If you actually listen to what they say it isn't much - just general and ambiguous talking points and can be applied to all games, even the non-rpg Asian games the love. These idiots try and come off as a pedant while being the exact opposite of pedantic.
You are not insulting people who didn't like new torment with your shit posts, you are insulting Troika Games by comparing it to inxile.

Prime Junta

Am watching the videos posted on the Kickstarter. Holy fucking shit they look better than what's in the actual game. This one for example. It has actual lighting. The Bloom interior actually looks weird and dark and foreboding.

What in the name of all that is holy happened here?

Sentinel

Arcane
So, while everyone cheers that inXile is taking a hit due to all your combined nerd rage, what is your goal? Attack, attack, attack every non-AAA rpg studio until there is only Bioware, Bethesda, and CD Project? I don't understand how people on a supposed rpg forum can clap at the second death of rpgs. You fucking pricks did this with Troika. Where is your hate on all these fucking super rpg-lite Asian games that come out? Where is your rage?

What is your goal? Your fucking nerd whinny and genre hate doesn't work when it comes to the AAAs, you refuse to attack the Asian games you all really love. What do you guys have against rpgs? Seriously, why do you guys even post here?
Fargo? Is that you?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

Oh come on, you must see that this is a tad over board. People can be disappointed, especially when InXile took a beloved classic and promised to build upon it. It practically had to be perfect to work, and they missed the mark in some aspects. InXile knew what they were getting into.

Also, what do asian rpgs have to do with this? When was the last time we had a news post on Asian RPGs?

Who is we? And this site doesn't post news for the most part. And I'm sure it wasn't that long ago. Look at the traffic in the Asian forum. Look at the love versus hate there. And look at the hate here.

There is a huge difference between being disappointed, being critical, and being an angry mob of fucking retards trying to destroy an rpg developer who is at least making real rpg games.

This is the same shit that happened to Troika. Just fucking retarded people who do not even like rpgs trying to shut down a company because they are small, hate-mongering idiots.

I have a ton of criticisms of this game. But it is way, way better than the last spiderweb game, any Bioware game, any Bethesda game, and any CD Project game. It is way, way better than any jrpg or Asian game. This is a real crpg. It has faults. It has issues. But instead of the rpg community supporting it, they attack to destroy, because this isn't an rpg site. It is a site for fucking fake-pedants being fucking idiots between playing their Asian games and AAA bullshit for kids.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Am watching the videos posted on the Kickstarter. Holy fucking shit they look better than what's in the actual game. This one for example. It has actual lighting. The Bloom interior actually looks weird and dark and foreboding.

What in the name of all that is holy happened here?

Oh, so it's not just me. I watched this first alpha trailer people posted a while back and couldn't help but notice it seems to have more effects going on in the 2D backgrounds - a lot of Pillars-style animations, effects, lighting, the environments seem much more alive. I thought I'm being paranoid, but perhaps not.

Also, I remember Fargo posting 4k screenshots on his Twitter, but the actual game apparently doesn't go higher than 1080p.

:hmmm:

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
You got me, tough guy. What are you six years old? Go play your switch and leave the adults alone, kid.

One'd expect that a newfriend would show a modicum of humility and wait until he found his place in the community before aggravating it with inane comments (unless they were real witty then it's k)

1) I don't believe you know what inane means.

2) What does join date have to do with anything? Does the longer you are a member here make you smarter? Wiser? If anything, it seems it just reveals the true colors of the members as being non-rpg Asian general gaming fans.

3) My place is to defend actual rpg game developers from fucking idiots. I tried when they were tearing Troika down and I'll try now with inXile.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck

You are not insulting people who didn't like new torment with your shit posts, you are insulting Troika Games by comparing it to inxile.

Yeah, this is the same thing people told me when I compared their Troika bashing to the closer of SirTek and SSI.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Using the Angry Metal Guy rating system (the best system ever invented), how do you rate TTON:

• Rating System
    5.0 - Perfect
    4.5 - Excellent
    4.0 - Great
    3.5 - Very Good
    3.0 - Good
    2.5 - Mixed
    2.0 - Disappointing
    1.5 - Bad
    1.0 - Embarrassing
    0.5 - Pathetic
    0.0 - Worthless

canakin

Cipher
You got me, tough guy. What are you six years old? Go play your switch and leave the adults alone, kid.

One'd expect that a newfriend would show a modicum of humility and wait until he found his place in the community before aggravating it with inane comments (unless they were real witty then it's k)

1) I don't believe you know what inane means.

2) What does join date have to do with anything? Does the longer you are a member here make you smarter? Wiser? If anything, it seems it just reveals the true colors of the members as being non-rpg Asian general gaming fans.

3) My place is to defend actual rpg game developers from fucking idiots. I tried when they were tearing Troika down and I'll try now with inXile.

Fat fucking good your defense did

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
Avellone, Ziets, McComb, Sunders, Mithsoda... others. This game was supposed to be their triumph. And now all of this. Unbelievable.

How the hell did this happen?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom