Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Thread

DeepOcean

Arcane
So, while everyone cheers that inXile is taking a hit due to all your combined nerd rage, what is your goal? Attack, attack, attack every non-AAA rpg studio until there is only Bioware, Bethesda, and CD Project? I don't understand how people on a supposed rpg forum can clap at the second death of rpgs. You fucking pricks did this with Troika. Where is your hate on all these fucking super rpg-lite Asian games that come out? Where is your rage?

What is your goal? Your fucking nerd whinny and genre hate doesn't work when it comes to the AAAs, you refuse to attack the Asian games you all really love. What do you guys have against rpgs? Seriously, why do you guys even post here?
Look son, InXile is a means to an end, the end is to make incline RPGs, good RPGs, if they fail at that, I wish people there to find a decent job, be happy like I desire all people in this shithole of a planet to be and all that shit but they aren't my friends and I won't support them out of the generosity of my cold stone heart. They are just my suppliers and I want my crack, they can't supply it? Fuck them, I have zero reasons to keep giving them money or pretend I like their shitty products.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Who is we? And this site doesn't post news for the most part. And I'm sure it wasn't that long ago. Look at the traffic in the Asian forum. Look at the love versus hate there. And look at the hate here.

There is a huge difference between being disappointed, being critical, and being an angry mob of fucking retards trying to destroy an rpg developer who is at least making real rpg games.

This is the same shit that happened to Troika. Just fucking retarded people who do not even like rpgs trying to shut down a company because they are small, hate-mongering idiots.

I have a ton of criticisms of this game. But it is way, way better than the last spiderweb game, any Bioware game, any Bethesda game, and any CD Project game. It is way, way better than any jrpg or Asian game. This is a real crpg. It has faults. It has issues. But instead of the rpg community supporting it, they attack to destroy, because this isn't an rpg site. It is a site for fucking fake-pedants being fucking idiots between playing their Asian games and AAA bullshit for kids.
Two things. First, it is not just any game. It is a "successor" to Planescape Torment. TToN may be a decent game in its own right, but is it the successor to Planescape Torment that was promised? I do not believe so. You do not take aim at the king and miss.

Second, the mob of angry retards have a good reason to be angry with InXile in my opinion. We have a promised successor to Planescape Torment, which falls short and which has obvious signs of cut content that we only know of because someone pushed InXile on it. This has a lot to do with InXile's habit of making promises it cannot keep. InXile may be one of the few companies making RPGs, but that is not excuse in my mind, as they knew what they were doing.

Why would the RPG community support InXile?

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
3.5 if it keeps quality of the Bloom to the finish line. 3.0 otherwise.

Also, for fuck sake. You want my business again, make Ziets the lead for Wasteland 3. Colin seems like a nice guy and he may be a good writer, but the project lead needs to be someone who actually worked in the game industry in this century.

Seaking4

Learned
Look son, InXile is a means to an end, the end is to make incline on Fargo's bank account.

/fixed

Fargo makes games to make money? The bat rastard...

He's rich, he should be making them for free. People making things they love for free is obviously a shocking proposition in this day and age, tho.

What the hell?

He is running a business. He makes games (although it seems like he only produces bad games) and in return people give him money. That's what a business is. There is so much to trash about Inxile and their games and you've chosen to be disappointed that he isn't producing multi-million dollar games for free just like ... no one else in the entire world.

Cromwell

Arcane
So, while everyone cheers that inXile is taking a hit due to all your combined nerd rage, what is your goal? Attack, attack, attack every non-AAA rpg studio until there is only Bioware, Bethesda, and CD Project? I don't understand how people on a supposed rpg forum can clap at the second death of rpgs. You fucking pricks did this with Troika. Where is your hate on all these fucking super rpg-lite Asian games that come out? Where is your rage?

What is your goal? Your fucking nerd whinny and genre hate doesn't work when it comes to the AAAs, you refuse to attack the Asian games you all really love. What do you guys have against rpgs? Seriously, why do you guys even post here?

Imagine the feeling you have when your daddy promises you something great for christmas, because he skipped your birthday present. Then he forgets about you and the only present you get is a pack of fags which you stole from him while he is in an alcohol induced coma after pissing himself. On the way out you stumble over the two whores your dad ordered with your christmas money, while listening to this little voice in your head that asks you "what is christmas?" and "can you tell me about whats christmas again?".

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
Too many cooks spoil the broth, there was no individual with a personality strong enough to restrain all those greats and direct their endeavours at specific aspects of the game, add to that a fair share of middling writers who just wanted to impress the public with their reinterpretation of a classic game

So it seems they missed Guido Henkel on board after all.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
So, while everyone cheers that inXile is taking a hit due to all your combined nerd rage, what is your goal?

Terminator_The_Sarah_Connor_Chronicles_thumb.jpg

Useless poster identified: newfag; Joined:Feb 25, 2017; posts: 210; low IQ;
Goal: to eliminate modern developers and replace them by indie grognards
Glitered bionic gem of hatred activated: butthurt loading...sequential downvote operation loading...iterated edge meme remarks loading...

SymbolicFrank

Magister
Ok, so it's yet another dud. Good thing I stopped buying stuff on release / kickstarter after Bioshock.

Then again, it's pretty frustrating, because the amount of good, new games has gone down the drain in the last decade. Even while it should be incline all over with all the new opportunities for indies / kickstarters.

There is about one good one each year...

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Look son, InXile is a means to an end, the end is to make incline RPGs, good RPGs, if they fail at that, I wish people there to find a decent job.

Brian Fargo said:
Look son, you and these others losers, the grognards, are a means to an end, and the end is to improve my bank account and reinforce my self-image of veteran developer, if you fail at that, I can always go back to my mansion with my plastic trophy wives and Ferrari.

Madawc

Educated
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I've been skimming through this thread for the past week, and boy, it surely does justice to all the tales I've heard about this place.

Most of the criticisms expressed here are on point - I especially agree with the comparison of the game to a museum (or a theme park). While walking through the streets of Sagus Cliffs, I couldn't help but get reminded of that museum you visit in Planescape. I think it was in Clerk's Ward. You clicked on the exhibits and got weird bits of lore and even some funny interactions. I used to think it was a really cool place (I still do, in fact). Honestly, when they made Tides of Numenera, I think they had this in mind. "How can we improve the PS:T experience?? Oh, I know, let's put MORE weird shit in it!" It's a flawed approach, because, just like in a huge real life museum, it always leads to sensory overload and lore fatigue. My first reaction when I enter a new area should not be "*groan* I have to talk to another 8 named characters now". Despite these moments, I'm enjoying the game so far - it's not a steaming pile of shit as some of you make it to be.

The main story is meh, but I kind of expected that. I find it a bit more interesting than PoE's (however, PoE has better follower NPCs). It troubles me, as I just realized I don't remember the last time I played a rpg with a good paced, strong main story.

existential_vacuum

.PNG Police
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Using the Angry Metal Guy rating system (the best system ever invented), how do you rate TTON:
  • Rating System
    5.0 - Perfect
    4.5 - Excellent
    4.0 - Great
    3.5 - Very Good
    3.0 - Good
    2.5 - Mixed
    2.0 - Disappointing
    1.5 - Bad
    1.0 - Embarrassing
    0.5 - Pathetic
    0.0 - Worthless
despair_3.jpg

EDIT: fixed image hosting fuckery

Last edited:
Weasel
There's a good story to be told here, maybe in a few years some of the gory details will leak out. Tales of a sprawling mess, ripped apart to produce a pale shadow of the original vision when the money ran out. Or compromises to make the lucrative (lol) console version work, despite the public denials. Publishers. Clashes of egos, arguments over how to salvage the thing. Just hope the facts don't end up buried in the Strong museum with Cleve's Sir-Tech resignation letter. And that someone rescues Ziets.

Before then though, in the next few weeks/months, I fully expect the first retrospective articles/interviews to blame the entitled gamers/toxic community/unrealistic expectations for ruining everything. It's getting to that stage of a disappointing launch.

mastroego

Arcane
1) I don't believe you know what inane means.

2) What does join date have to do with anything? Does the longer you are a member here make you smarter? Wiser? If anything, it seems it just reveals the true colors of the members as being non-rpg Asian general gaming fans.

3) My place is to defend actual rpg game developers from fucking idiots. I tried when they were tearing Troika down and I'll try now with inXile.

You may take away a good life lesson here: don't promise fantastical things, especially if you can't deliver them, and especially if you have long term goals.
Do I need to remind you that this was supposed to be, like, a sequel to Torment?

mastroego

Arcane
There's a good story to be told here, maybe in a few years some of the gory details will leak out. Tales of a sprawling mess, ripped apart to produce a pale shadow of the original vision when the money ran out. Or compromises to make the lucrative (lol) console version work, despite the public denials. Publishers. Clashes of egos, arguments over how to salvage the thing. Just hope the facts don't end up buried in the Strong museum with Cleve's Sir-Tech resignation letter. And that someone rescues Ziets.

Before then though, in the next few weeks/months, I fully expect the first retrospective articles/interviews to blame the entitled gamers/toxic community/unrealistic expectations for ruining everything. It's getting to that stage of a disappointing launch.
Interesting, I agree.
Didn't Avellone leave over this? Oh no it was another game right. Confusing stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom