Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not sure how you guys can keep playing this game. I find it so boring as soon as mid game is reached.
I don't think I've ever finished a single campaign, I always just play until I feel I'm done with this one and will play a different campaign next time.

But muh steam achievements??
Never cared much about achievements. Some can be nice, when they reward some interesting stuff you did within the game.
But they certainly wouldn't motivate me to do something I do not find enjoyable to begin with - like late game TW:WH2 campaigns.
Wasting your time doing something you don't enjoy for what, a Steam popup in the corner? Seems like a pretty idiotic activity to me.

I have my doubts that my dying words will be "I wish I had gotten more Steam achievements".

Bro it was just a joke, no need to over-analyze it :)
Oh, I know that you were kidding.

But some take that achievement stuff really serious - wasting their own time in the process.
It's pretty awkward.

Yesterday I started a Norsca (World Walkers) campaign for the first time in mortal empires. Overall a fun experience, I was able to take out Couronne early. The Empire on the other hand seems to be impossible to beat early, and with the Chaos Invasion being so very, very weak, the late game turned into an extremely annoying slogfest.
The really interesting thing though: Norsca seems to be completely unaffected by the latest patch. And i mean this in a literal sense, several of the changes, notably the ones to public order, are not implemented when you play a norscan faction. Considering how long it took them to even include Norsca in Mortal Empires, this truly is the cursed DLC.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The Empire on the other hand seems to be impossible to beat early, and with the Chaos Invasion being so very, very weak, the late game turned into an extremely annoying slogfest.
Surprised to hear this. I'm doing ME welf run, and reikland got wiped by vamp counts (and possibly marienburg). Even in other campaigns where they don't get wiped the counts tend to capture half the empire, preventing any kind of ordertide snowball from forming.

The Empire on the other hand seems to be impossible to beat early, and with the Chaos Invasion being so very, very weak, the late game turned into an extremely annoying slogfest.
Surprised to hear this. I'm doing ME welf run, and reikland got wiped by vamp counts (and possibly marienburg). Even in other campaigns where they don't get wiped the counts tend to capture half the empire, preventing any kind of ordertide snowball from forming.

Interestingly enough I did a WE (Durthu) run a few days ago and had the exact same thing happen. On the other Hand, I did a Beastman campaign right after the patch hit and reduced the Empire to just Altdorf early on, then left it to the VC to finish them off while I went for Couronne. Lo and behold, the Empire managed not only to regain Reikland, but to actually eliminate the VC factions in about 20 rounds. Their insane confederation abilities can really fuck you over and seem to be a bit random at times (reloading an autosave can lead to them not confederating).

Lycra Suit

Prophet
Possibly Retarded
It makes sense that the Empire of Mankind would stand strong and unite in the face of annihilation. Lore wise all the elector counts of the Empire would have sworn some kind of eternal crusade on you for destroying Altdorf.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Their insane confederation abilities can really fuck you over and seem to be a bit random at times (reloading an autosave can lead to them not confederating).
Tbh this is true for all ai factions. In this WE campaign I had to rush clar karond super hard, because malekith confederated them without fail on turn 26, and I don't want to fight all of naggarond. In the end I took two of their 5 settlements, and then malekith got the rest via confederation.

Similar thing happened with Parravon. I fought them, took one settlement and got the confederation with wydrioth, then couronne immediately confederated them. I'm not even mad since it got me out of the war, but it feels cheap.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
People weren't kidding when they said orkz iz now proppa killy. My Karak Azul game on VH is drowning in them despite knocking off Grimgor ASAP. It's actually the minor factions that blew up, even that fucking magic forest goblin tribe they added.

Empire vs. vampire counts seems to be about 50/50 to me. Vampires often get a huge head start but Empire somehow claws it back, not sure how.

Mazisky

Magister
I need Warhammer 3. Only managed about 20 turns on new DLC and gave up, I am all outa gas for the ME map.

Give me the Dark Lands!

GIVE ME THE BIG FATTY BOIS!!!

Long way to go unfortunately. THey already said that WH2 Lord packs are not over.

Wh 3 may be announced along with Ufo extraterrestrial 2 release

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Nah.

They're knee deep in WH3. The lord packs are being produced by the Fantasy DLC team.

It feels inconceivable that WH3 gets to Q4 '21 unreleased. My guess is sometime in July-Sep (anything May onward is possible). Remember that WH2 had a similar scope to WH1 (four races at release) and released just a year after the first game (May '16 vs Sep '17). Clearly, Three Kingdoms took precedent after that, releasing in May '19. Next year ('21) marks two years since the last major release.

Nathir

Liturgist
I just did the Lizardmen vortex campaign as Cult of Sotek. Dinos riding dinos, fucking epic bros. The ratmen have been cleansed and Lustria has been reclaimed. Kind of a rough start, and I wish I knew Skrolk and Ikit are above me. I went left onto Khalida and the Blue vipers. Skrolk confederated Ikit claw and got kind of big, but it worked out in the end and was fun. Last unlock is basically 1 cast of wind of death per battle for 10 turns. It's really good for what it is, although I expected soemthing else for the last unlock. An army with Kroak + Invocation of Sotek can easily win 1v3 battles. Unlockable RoRs via sacrifice should be unique for Tehenhauin though.

Time to try out somebody else, maybe the new wood elves?

I just did the Lizardmen vortex campaign as Cult of Sotek. Dinos riding dinos, fucking epic bros. The ratmen have been cleansed and Lustria has been reclaimed. Kind of a rough start, and I wish I knew Skrolk and Ikit are above me. I went left onto Khalida and the Blue vipers. Skrolk confederated Ikit claw and got kind of big, but it worked out in the end and was fun. Last unlock is basically 1 cast of wind of death per battle for 10 turns. It's really good for what it is, although I expected soemthing else for the last unlock. An army with Kroak + Invocation of Sotek can easily win 1v3 battles. Unlockable RoRs via sacrifice should be unique for Tehenhauin though.

Did you try spamming out their sacrifice that summoned followers? Some of they are very OP. One gives map-wide building cost reduction of 15% (stackable for free buildings), another gives -20% upkeep for the army, another improves relations with all the good races.

Nathir

Liturgist

Did you try spamming out their sacrifice that summoned followers? Some of they are very OP. One gives map-wide building cost reduction of 15% (stackable for free buildings), another gives -20% upkeep for the army, another improves relations with all the good races.

I did it like a couple of times. Iirc I got a crappy one 2 times in a row, and kinda gave up on it.

Nathir

Liturgist
Tried out the new DLC. Sisters Vortex campaign is ez mode. I did it on legendary, and it was a breeze. I had 2 armies the whole game, and I probably could go with only 1. There is an event where Gaean Vale gets razed and you can get it for free essentially. And you only need 1 more tree besides Witchwood. So you just skip turns and wait for the tree health to accumulate. Moulder got eliminated by Malekith, so I just skipped turns and suddenly final battle was here. The sisters are also OP. Most heroes are kinda weak at lvl 1, but these two are essentially flying artillery right from the start. And they turn all your Hawk riders into OP beasts that delete everything.

I get they were going for a story campaign with different victory conditions, which is fine, but there needs to be some challenge in your campaign, not just pressing end turn and winning.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I get they were going for a story campaign with different victory conditions, which is fine, but there needs to be some challenge in your campaign, not just pressing end turn and winning.
The long campaign win on ME really shows this. Each tree ritual takes 10 turns, and you can only run one at a time. At turn 80 I got the short win. I have all the trees, and they are all at 100 or going to reach it in a few turns but it would take so much end turn spamming. I'm 2nd in strength rating, and either have a peace treaty with all the big nations or have bribed them to war against one another to keep them busy.

But spamming "end turn" for 60 turns doesn't seem fun. I tried to download a mod to speed it up, bit it doesn't work.

I like the WE campaign though, it plays very different to the other races. But it gets very easy after the first 30 turns as you start confederating and gaining free armies and high tier settlements (thank you mr AI for building a tier 5 tree for me).

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
New setup key at campaign start for setting strength of Chaos invasion is a great thing, yes yes.

Yeah, but they somehow made it easier.
All you have to do is defeat Archaon once and those 10+ stacks just vanish. With Lightning Strike or the AI control exploit it isn't that hard to do.

Also they only spawn above Naggarond and in the Chaos Wastes, so only Dark Elves and Empire have to deal with it.
Any other faction can just ignore it.

zapotec

Liturgist
in my dwarf campaign they bee-lined towards my territories.

Were the various Puppets of Chaos armies etc removed? They are the one spawning in the north and south parts of the oceans

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom