Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by Infinitron, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    It would make sense to fortify your frontier and fatten up the core provinces for economy and military use. It worked in all other TW titles. But this time the AI will walk straight past your fortified towns and find the most inconvenient targets possible.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. CthuluIsSpy Arcane

CthuluIsSpy
    Except Beastmen hordes will literally spawn in your territory, the AI will land on your coast and enemy stacks will walk past your fortifications to attack your unwalled settlements deep in your territory. Settlements are always susceptible to attack.
    Sieges in Warhammer are pretty crap to play, but that's what autoresolve is for. I manually defended, both in losing battles and winning, a lot more times than attacking.

^ Top  
  3. Parabalus Arcane

Parabalus
    But that's exactly what I meant, sieges give a huge advantage to the player. The less of them the better.

If they walk past your settlements you can either spawn a new lord or defend with an existing one. T3 walls quickly aren't enough to defend against a stack anyway, outside of some races.

^ Top  
  4. Dwarvophile Savant

Dwarvophile
    So I'd like n try some new factions, actually I'm thinking about the Tomb Kings which I never played, maybe Ikit Claw, some say it's a fun campaign, maybe the sisters of Twilight (if they bring something more on top of the usual WE factions). I don't own those DLCs, and I don't want to spend blindly when it comes to CA, summoning the Dex advice...

Also about the beastmen : for somebody who doesn't own Call of the Beastmen, would you buy it now (I can get it half price) or just go directly for the Silence and the Fury ?

^ Top  
  5. _V_ Educated

_V_
    AFAIK, you need the race to play the DLC Lord.
    If I hadn't spent >500h of playtime on WH I + II, I'd be really angry with pricing and lack of good bundle deals for WH on Steam.

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Dwarvophile Savant

Dwarvophile
    Yeah, exactly what I feared, altough on the silence & the fury's steam page is only written : "This content requires the base game Total War: WARHAMMER II on Steam in order to play."

^ Top  
  7. CthuluIsSpy Arcane

CthuluIsSpy
    If you get Silence of the Fury you'll be able to play Taurox. The other beastmen lords won't be available unless you have Call of the Beastmen.
    Not even CA is greedy and stupid enough to charge you full price for half a DLC lol.

^ Top  
  8. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    All the dlc and the base games are on sale often enough that they're basically permanently 50% off.

^ Top  
  9. CthuluIsSpy Arcane

CthuluIsSpy
    Not entirely true.
    The more recent DLCs have a smaller discount. Warden and the paunch was only 20% off, iirc.

^ Top  
  10. CthuluIsSpy Arcane

CthuluIsSpy
    But T3 walls are enough to buy you enough time to get your lord to that settlement.
    It takes about 2 turns to make a decent stack, potentially more if you don't have enough recruitment slots.
    That's plenty of time for an enemy army to force march into your territory and nuke a settlement, and that's assuming they don't just spawn out of nothing like Beastmen event stacks can do. Skaven and Beastmen also have a tendency to spam ambush stance when on the move, so even if they do invade from outside your territory you won't know about it because the detection mechanics are silly.

^ Top  
  11. _V_ Educated

_V_
    True. Your point?
    I'd expect "Gold" versions of WH I by now. Instead the base game costs 60€ (just checked. WTF?!? I bought it for 45€ at release, IIRC. Definately not 60€.)
    DLCs cost 76€ all combined.
    That's 136€ for a complete five year old game. I think the base game is on sale for more than 50% every once in a while. So every once in a while you might be able to snag it for ~50€.
    I'd "expect" a gold version for 40€ with extra sales every once in a while. Or the possibility to buy missing DLCs for similar bundle prices.
    Similar for WH II.

If I still sailed the high seas, this'd be definately a game that I like but still pirate. Purely due to pricing policy.
    If you don't mind the pricing scheme, good for you. I still think it's ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Mazisky Magister

Mazisky
    I've bought both WH 1 and 2 on Instant Gaming for a total of 20 €

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Average Manatee Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Average Manatee
    The meta for modern popular games seems to be keeping them at full price as long as they are remotely relevant and only offering temporary discounts. Out of the whole crowd of people buying the game years after release there's probably a good number of price-insensitive people who decide they want to play WH2 and then buy all of the DLC including WH1 at full price. WH1 is still effectively DLC for WH2 and WH3 and may even stay full price until WH3 development is ended.

The fact that they release DLCs like the upcoming one that add content to previous races probably means that it makes them a lot of money in people who also go back to buy the old legendary lords for Beastmen and so on.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    • decline decline x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. zapotec Learned

zapotec
    Looks like that beastmen will have an unit cap!

Unit capacity
    • Perhaps the biggest difference between the other factions of the world and the Beastmen is the use of unit caps. Much like various regiments of renown, you can only have a certain number of each type of unit in your Beastmen armies. There will be many opportunities to increase these caps as you advance and expand.

• incline incline x 3
    ^ Top  
  15. kris Arcane

kris
    You need to make more maps then. to much work.

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. zapotec Learned

zapotec
    • incline incline x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. CthuluIsSpy Arcane

CthuluIsSpy
    Show Spoiler
    The first and only WARHAMMER unit with a precursor weapon – fires explosive darts as it charges, messing up infantry lines.

I like how they finally remembered how to program infantry to fire into combat as they charge, something they did in Rome 1.

^ Top  
  18. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    That's because of Denuvo. They can charge big money without fear of piracy, thus they are charging big money.

^ Top  
  20. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    it's been cracked as far as i know.
    it's because of greed coupled with endemic human retardation.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. CthuluIsSpy Arcane

CthuluIsSpy
    They worked out how to crack Denuvo though.
    Denuvo literally does nothing except negatively affect performance and make things harder for the customer. They keep using it because corporates are gits and denuvo has a stake in it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    WHI crack was done before they introduced Norsca, thus WHI has only old cracked version. (A version that has 0 delay for rebuying regiments of renown, thus fighting against late game empire is PITA.)
    WHII cracks were made by voksi, during his crusade against Denuvo and murdering proper computer games, and to fight against fucking customer. He nearly destroyed Denuvo company, but he didn't even tried to hide himself, thus he was forced to stop. Newer versions are done by Empress. Who is less ideological, but hides itself better.

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. CthuluIsSpy Arcane

CthuluIsSpy
    Press F to pay respects :salute:

^ Top  
  24. Hóngwèibīng Arcane Vatnik Wumao

Hóngwèibīng

• STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    • Heresy Heresy x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Average Manatee Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Average Manatee
    No one is cracking WH1 because the DLC cracks for WH2 get you all WH1 content without needing to own WH1.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.