Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

tabacila

Augur
Not the DLC necessarily, but the content that comes with it.
The next WH2 release will most likely be a Lizardmen/Skaven lord pack which will probably bring some fixes/updates for these two races as well. Also most there will probably be another FLC lord for the Lizardmen, so that the 4 base races each have 4 LLs.

A horse of course

I hope they rebalance the fucking Warpstone bomb bullshit. It's literally impossible to defend against. They need to make it some kind of massive debuff instead of instant gazillion damage and/or make skaven spawns limited to a certain distance from enemy units.

tabacila

Augur
IF we ever get optimization that it will be for the combined WH3 map. IF.
I'm pretty sure they don't really want to invest any more in WH2 beyond DLC. Just look at the atrocious lord selection screen. WH2 is the middle child no one loves.

A horse of course

WH3 will probably be better optimized, then it'll get crippled on various GPUs in a patch and never, ever be fixed.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I think they're just lazy. Nvidia and CA are currently pointing fingers at each other over performance on the 400 series drivers and the 2080 RTX cards (in one site's performance test the 2080 series was up to 30fps LOWER than the 1080), with CA blaming Nvidia and Nvidia claiming the engine has a memory leak that is exposed by the 2080 cards. A lot of nvidia users have claimed going back to the 399 drivers (around Aug/September 2018) has improved their performance, though I personally saw a massive performance drop around the time of the Mortal Empires patch so I don't see the point of checking something that was changed so recently.
When I tried Voksi version, it was fine. In fact even the next version was sufficiently fast.

Parabalus

Arcane
I hope they rebalance the fucking Warpstone bomb bullshit. It's literally impossible to defend against. They need to make it some kind of massive debuff instead of instant gazillion damage and/or make skaven spawns limited to a certain distance from enemy units.

Tomb Swarm is another big offender, since the TK AI's can get it from turn 1 (they ignore the lvl 4 building requirement you have as a player). It got nerfed a bit but still eh.

Makes the entire battle about baiting the AI into using WB/TS.

The warp bombs were great for players while the skaven summons were still bugged with 0 collision, your garrisons could defeat anything easily. :mixedemotions:

A horse of course

Tomb Swarm is another big offender, since the TK AI's can get it from turn 1 (they ignore the lvl 4 building requirement you have as a player). It got nerfed a bit but still eh.

The warp bombs were great for players while the skaven summons were still bugged with 0 collision, your garrisons could defeat anything easily. :mixedemotions:

Yeah I got through Clan Mor's Vortex campaign without losing a single settlement to the Ritual stack spam thanks to warpbombs. It's still an annoying and unfair mechanic though. Direct damage spells with no real defense are far less tactically interesting to use or encounter than spells you have to use creatively and at the optimal moment, like Net of Amonyet or whatever.

Parabalus

Arcane

Yeah I got through Clan Mor's Vortex campaign without losing a single settlement to the Ritual stack spam thanks to warpbombs. It's still an annoying and unfair mechanic though. Direct damage spells with no real defense are far less tactically interesting to use or encounter than spells you have to use creatively and at the optimal moment, like Net of Amonyet or whatever.

Net was pretty ridic (utterly brainless) itself until it got changed because of MP, I doubt these DD spells will get changed since they aren't featured in MP.

A horse of course

Net was pretty ridic (utterly brainless) itself until it got changed because of MP, I doubt these DD spells will get changed since they aren't featured in MP.

NoA doesn't really do anything by itself though, it's just an option that can be used very effectively to destroy the momentum of a charge or temporaily neutralize aerial advantage. "Press button - big boom" is lame.

Parabalus

Arcane

NoA doesn't really do anything by itself though, it's just an option that can be used very effectively to destroy the momentum of a charge or temporaily neutralize aerial advantage. "Press button - big boom" is lame.

Before the change you designated an area and any unit entering it was snared for the remaining duration, so you could ground target it and enemies auto-clumped for you to AoE down.

It's much cooler now, since using it like you describe is better, since the above case was nerfed.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I get 20 secs on turn 40 in warhammer 1 steam (so with denuvo that allegedly fucks performance),so i will stay on 1.
Both have denuvo. Also WH2 processes 2x more enemies, which is noticable on turn 200 the most when you don't control more than 2/3 map on turn 200. Basically it's slower than Rome II EE which didn't have denuvo, and where they tried to lower turn times without screwing stuff up.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
garbage in terms of what?

Gameplay. Wh2 brought lots of good changes, from UI to balance.

Unless the turn times really really bug you there's no real reason to play Wh1.
WH2 also removed lord assassinations, and killed all these interesting traits that fleshed out heroes. Of course it had problem with multiple opponents targeting single with hordes of assassins, and it needed to prevent a single character on a bridge blocking whole army.

But aside of that WH I was faster and more decisive. Also it had the advantage of AI not recolonizing burned down wastes immediately, thus chaos invasion looked like chaos invasion. Not like a small army passed around burned few stuff that was rebuild in few years/months, and then become bogged down in Brettonia. That's assuming it wasn't killed by clan Rictus.

razvedchiki

Erudite
how to beat empire armies with brettonia?playing warhammer 1 with sfo on hard.
i put my peasants/trebs at the center and have my lances at the flanks circle charging,but empire units dont break until they loose 80-90% of its hp.they also field large numbers of pistoliers that rape my mounted yeomen archers and proceed to gun down my glorious knights.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
How many peasant archers did you field? I like mounted yeomen, but the peasent archers can better pull their weight against those types of units imo.

Also, is this with Louein or a generic lord?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom