Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer 2

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I’m not really good at reading change logs. Were there any additional buffs for AI and debuffs for player on very hard/legendary? Because my ass is being kicked hard in the same company I’ve loaded after awhile. AI’s honorable clanrats are unbreakable comparing to my phoenix retards.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Yep, it upgrades its tower (and special abilities/garrison) to max with just the base settlement. Think this is common to all racial capitals.

Altdorf definitely upgrades its garrison/defences with each tier. Most racial capitals increase their garrison (and its quality) as they go up tiers.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am almost 80 turns in without using the potion on Malus more than once, and it has been interesting. Malus is borderline invincible, but I am at war with almost half the map. Queek, Krokgar, and the High Elves send army after army, and so expanding has been slow. I do not really need to use Malus' abilities, because I can just park him into the enemy line and focus elsewhere. I have only had to use Tz'arkan 3 times out of desperation.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The Dwarf horde meme is real though
They got wiped out in my Empire Playtrough on turn ~30.

I'm not sure what happened since I didn't see what was going on in the north but the Dawi sure are on a rampage right now. Really fucking glad to be allied with them, because the dwarf faction down in Khemri declared on me and it's been a deadly meatgrinder for a few turns now. Holy shit.

sgnMgra.png

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
So I upgraded my rusty toaster and can now properly run this thing. Picked up the game along with WH1 and most of the DLCs on the steam sale (came to about 60$, good time to buy).

Having a blast crusading against against the arabundead hordes with not-Jean D'arc across not-arabia. A line of knights charging at a horde of undead across the sands is quite a lovely sight. Also the field trebuchets are incredibly effective firing into a dense blob held by the lady and her paladin. In one big battle it racked up over 400 kills on it's own. Going pretty easy so far - I'm around turn 15 and just conquered the vampire court faction to the north by luring his army to a town and killing it in open battle. Then the knightly order next to them asked me to confederate them. (playing hard-hard for now)

Mortmal

Arcane
Oh god, Malus' replenishment debuff extends to all garrisons.
Of course it is, malus in demon form can hold an army by himself, its fun to stack powerful magic items on him , you just re-recruit and merge your troops instead thanks to the black ark following you on sea.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You call that close? You are like a little baby.

EpPgyrq.jpg

Oh yeah and it was an offensive siege where the autoresolve was even.
Where do you go first as Avelorn? you first conquer the dark elves? If so, do you conquer them or raze them?
Then where do you go? Abroad or to Saphery?

Yeah, conquer the dark elves you start at war with. No reason to raze land you're gonna keep. After that up to you. If you want to RP I'd conquer up towards Naggarond but if you want to powergame I'd conquer the rest of the high elves on the island.

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I finished my Very Hard/Very Hard Malus vortex campaign at turn 113, with 98 battles and no potions (except once). The campaign was short, but very busy in terms of fighting.

My favorite battle was against 2 stack Clan Skyre army that ambushed me and destroyed most of my army. I was forced to kite the Deathhag and Sorceress around the map, while Malus slowly widdled down the skaven. Malus had 40-50% ward save, 120 armor, 100+ melee defense, two sources of regeneration, and could hold off an army. He was a solid tank that often ended battles with full health. While he was incredibly hard to kill, I did not find Malus to be a high damage lord. Hence, my main tactic was to have Malus pin down a few stacks and cast vortex or black ark spells over top of him.

Malus does have neat epic items and followers. For example, I obtained an epic dagger with constant soul steal effect against a foe. I am sure there were more items, but the campaign ended relatively quickly.

My only complaints:
  1. I had hoped more Tzarkan Whipsers would generate with the epic followers and items. A good portion were just gold and slaves. I really wanted to collect all the epic followers and items before the end of the campaign, but it simply was not possible.
  2. The final battle was too easy.
  3. I had hope the campaign completion reward would be better. Free potions are great, but I had hope the campaign debuffs would lessen in severity.

I look forward to a Mortal Empires campaign, as well as mods. Specifically, I would like a mod that increases the frequency of Tzarkan Whisper quests.

Edit: That starting battle for Malus in Mortal Empires is definitely more difficult compared to Vortex. Damn.

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I have seen additional epic items and followers of Malus:
  1. Hauclir: +8 melee defense and +20 armor on defensive battles for the entire army.
  2. Another Warpsword: This item is weaker than the main quest item and provides bonus attack against infantry.
  3. Urial: -30% building cost reduction.
  4. Bale: +5 black ark growth (faction) and other post battle loot buffs.
You are guaranteed a Tzarkan Whisper on turn 2. It is almost temping to reload for Urial or Hauclir. Imagine having -80% building cost reduction from turn 2. Also, apparently, so long as you win the battle, Malus will not enter a wound state while dying from Tzarkan. I have not tested it though, but if true I would probably use Tzarkan more often.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
m5aNflm.png

Finished my Legendary Repanse campaign. It was the most fun I had with WH2 in a long time! Also rather easy all things considered. I can beat Legendary with maybe a few restarts, this one was fairly consistent throughout. TKs dont stand a chance against mid-tier Bretonnia, no matter how many stacks of skeletons they throw at you. Attrition immunity helps a lot too.

uq5sPLB.png

As you can see, the game was firmly in the hands of Order from the start. Archaon didn't stand a chance at all. Dat Karak Ankor doe.

J84Dke5.png

Repanse de Lyonesse, Damoiselle de Guerre, Savior of Bretonnia, Defier of the Undead, Living Saint of Khemri

Ironically due to the way great power works you're basically guaranteed to end up with tomb kings friendly just because the whole world ends up at -60 while tomb kings instead go to +60. Kind of hate killing the one sensible race off.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Malus' economic game at full control is nice, especially when you spam masters and assassins. Who would have thought the Dark Elves' edgiest lord was also its most chill accountant.

Olinser

Savant
Malus' economic game at full control is nice, especially when you spam masters and assassins. Who would have thought the Dark Elves' edgiest lord was also its most chill accountant.

It's actually appropriate lore-wise.

Malus was always highly intelligent, clever, devious, and ambitious, even for a Dark Elf. He betrays OTHER people at the drop of a hat, but always kept tight control of those under him, and quickly got rid of any that were a threat to him.

He's also apparently invented the internet and e-jobs considering he can get all those slaves captured around the islands to work up in hag graef

Funposter

Arcane
my favourite feature in this game is neutral factions declaring war on me, and then descending into outright hostility because i had the gall to defend myself. very cool!

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
my favourite feature in this game is neutral factions declaring war on me, and then descending into outright hostility because i had the gall to defend myself. very cool!

They have nowhere to expand, which in turn makes them aggro.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom