Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Total War: Warhammer III

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Got this from reddit.

k64419c3noda1.png
This is cute. Now imagine if there was a complex enjoyable game/simulation behind this map. Game that would include ship designs and some kind of naval warfare.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Ind is a plain it seems. Anyway we have confirmed Chaos Dwarves and almost asured Monkey King. As for speculations - nagas, Cathay vampires, Nagash of course and Nippon.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
chaos dwarves must a hell of dlc if they arer working it for so much time.
Alternatively, DLC team is spending most of their time redoing a lot of the wh2 improvements that the wh3 team skipped.
Also developing immortal empires.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
The problem is that chaos dwarves rely on slaves and should have very limited actual dwarf armies. Which means lots of echanics to make it work - I can really understant here why theyare taking so long because you can't strap some "slave" resource like with druchii. Chaos dwarves literally live on slaves and their entire society waxes and wanes depending on slave population.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
chaos dwarves must a hell of dlc if they arer working it for so much time.

Nah, they are working on some shitty multiplayer shooter named HYENAS.
It's so dead on arrival.
Different teams.
CA isn't just all working on one project.

For example, the team that created and messed up the original WH3 release is not the same team that is now maintaining/fixing it...

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cyberarmy Nothing optimistic about it.
That's quite simply how CA is structured internally. Doesn't matter what you, me or anyone thinks about it.

Team A working on "Hyenas" has no impact on whatever team B is doing on WH3 - the teams are self-contained units with little to no impact on each other.
It's not like they are taking team members away from each other. All teams are short staffed at CA currently from what I've heard.

Honestly I think that's a bad way of organizing any kind of software development, let alone games. But that's what CA does...

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Maybe one is the diversity and quota hires team and they put those to work on a dummy project that's bound to fail anyway. While the capable ones are taking care of continuing the project that brought them the huegest amount of monies ever?

Can a man dream of 4d chess?

:philosoraptor:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Their best team is unarguably the Sofia branch and not because they are my countrymen. Weren't they the ones working on WH3 DLC?

Tyrr

Liturgist
No news about the games future (DLC/patch).
People fear Warhammer 3 will get the 3 Kingdoms treatment.

zapotec

Liturgist
The problem is that chaos dwarves rely on slaves and should have very limited actual dwarf armies. Which means lots of echanics to make it work - I can really understant here why theyare taking so long because you can't strap some "slave" resource like with druchii. Chaos dwarves literally live on slaves and their entire society waxes and wanes depending on slave population.
Well the main difference is that Chaos Dwarves uses slaves in their army, but the slave role in their society is the same: work and sacrifices. At least one quarter of the Chaos Dwarf army is already present with greenskins units.

I dont care about their mechanics, I just hope CA bases them on their 4th edition appearance. Mesopotamian-Tower of Babel-hats were unique, newer Chaos Dwarfs look like vertically challenged Warriors of Chaos.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
No news about the games future (DLC/patch).
People fear Warhammer 3 will get the 3 Kingdoms treatment.
No way they stop milking it for the time being, it's a sad state of the industry where people need updates every two weeks otherwise they throw a tantrum.

Not that CA don't kind of deserve it, when they themselves release half-baked or broken shit and promise they will fix it in the short future but what can you do.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh, I'm sure CA will drop it like a hot potato the moment it proves itself to be not as profitable as they had hoped. My biggest problem with this game is that the gameplay is shallow, both strategic and tactical. Units are samey, strategic mechanics are whatever, sieges are still shockingly terrible, 80% of tech trees are useless because the overall mechanics are so shallow, magic is still grotesquely overpowered, one-man doomstacks are possible for some reason, etc. etc. etc. And mods don't really fix these things because modders concentrate on adding even more bloat to the already bloated mass this game has become instead of refining the gameplay.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
DLC is coming in April! And some patches too I hope.

https://old.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/10wxh9i/message_from_total_war_warhammer_game_director/

Hey everyone,

We know you're waiting for official news and announcements from us, but in the meantime here's a message from Total War: WARHAMMER Game Director Rich Aldridge.

For those of you who are unable to watch the video for any reason, or would prefer to read Rich's message at your own pace, here is a text version for you:

Hi everyone,
First of all I know you've all been waiting a long time for news and that it’s frustrating to not hear anything from us, I do apologies for this and strive with the rest of the team to make things much better to this regard in 2023 and beyond.
One thing which I wanted to talk about is that we fell behind our original schedule for WARHAMMER DLC as a result of us investing more heavily into the release of Immortal Empires and our post-launch patches. I really appreciate you bearing with us and I hope you have enjoyed the content we were able to create last year. Looking forward, we have an exciting year ahead of us full of new content, fixes and improvements for all to enjoy, some of which I hope is on your wanted list and some that will hopefully come as a nice surprise.
Speaking of new content, I’m pleased to say that we are now putting the finishing touches to it and will be sharing it with you in April. I’m sure when you get your hands on it you will see why it’s become such a passion project for us and why we wanted to spend the extra time on it to get it just right. For me, new experiences are what we are all about and we aim to deliver two more exciting major content drops later this year, in the Summer and Winter this year with smaller patching updates in between. This is our “aim” rather than a concreate plan, which I will go a little more into now with you.
There are a lot of steps in creating a new DLC, with much happening behind the scenes to make sure that everything is ready for you when we release that shiny new piece of content. This naturally becomes more complicated when we change up our approach as we did with the post launch support of Warhammer III and Immortal Empires as I touched on earlier, but is ultimately worth it in the end. We want to be as concrete as possible on what we are doing before communicating this as we want to excite and not disappoint. We’re moving as quickly as we can – even if it doesn’t always look that way.
What I outlined above is our plan as it looks today and our commitment to telling you when and if that plan needs to change, I hope this gives you a decent picture of why we are excited about what is still to come and why we are very much still committed to this much loved game.
Before I sign off, on a personal note, as much as I've seen a lot of positivity and creativity within the community (love those pixel art Legendary Lords), I’ve also seen some negativity aimed at our Community Managers. They are a crucial part of our team and work hard to represent your voices day in and day out. I ask you to please remember this and treat them and the wider community with respect, for us all to have the best Total War experience possible.
Thanks for taking the time to read this, I can't wait to be able to tell you more throughout the year so stick with us, and join us next week for our first year anniversary week of Warhammer III!
Richard Aldridge
Game Director
Total War: WARHAMMER Series

Edgetard

Educated
DLC is coming in April! And some patches too I hope.

https://old.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/10wxh9i/message_from_total_war_warhammer_game_director/

Hey everyone,

We know you're waiting for official news and announcements from us, but in the meantime here's a message from Total War: WARHAMMER Game Director Rich Aldridge.

For those of you who are unable to watch the video for any reason, or would prefer to read Rich's message at your own pace, here is a text version for you:

Hi everyone,
First of all I know you've all been waiting a long time for news and that it’s frustrating to not hear anything from us, I do apologies for this and strive with the rest of the team to make things much better to this regard in 2023 and beyond.
One thing which I wanted to talk about is that we fell behind our original schedule for WARHAMMER DLC as a result of us investing more heavily into the release of Immortal Empires and our post-launch patches. I really appreciate you bearing with us and I hope you have enjoyed the content we were able to create last year. Looking forward, we have an exciting year ahead of us full of new content, fixes and improvements for all to enjoy, some of which I hope is on your wanted list and some that will hopefully come as a nice surprise.
Speaking of new content, I’m pleased to say that we are now putting the finishing touches to it and will be sharing it with you in April. I’m sure when you get your hands on it you will see why it’s become such a passion project for us and why we wanted to spend the extra time on it to get it just right. For me, new experiences are what we are all about and we aim to deliver two more exciting major content drops later this year, in the Summer and Winter this year with smaller patching updates in between. This is our “aim” rather than a concreate plan, which I will go a little more into now with you.
There are a lot of steps in creating a new DLC, with much happening behind the scenes to make sure that everything is ready for you when we release that shiny new piece of content. This naturally becomes more complicated when we change up our approach as we did with the post launch support of Warhammer III and Immortal Empires as I touched on earlier, but is ultimately worth it in the end. We want to be as concrete as possible on what we are doing before communicating this as we want to excite and not disappoint. We’re moving as quickly as we can – even if it doesn’t always look that way.
What I outlined above is our plan as it looks today and our commitment to telling you when and if that plan needs to change, I hope this gives you a decent picture of why we are excited about what is still to come and why we are very much still committed to this much loved game.
Before I sign off, on a personal note, as much as I've seen a lot of positivity and creativity within the community (love those pixel art Legendary Lords), I’ve also seen some negativity aimed at our Community Managers. They are a crucial part of our team and work hard to represent your voices day in and day out. I ask you to please remember this and treat them and the wider community with respect, for us all to have the best Total War experience possible.
Thanks for taking the time to read this, I can't wait to be able to tell you more throughout the year so stick with us, and join us next week for our first year anniversary week of Warhammer III!
Richard Aldridge
Game Director
Total War: WARHAMMER Series
5cxiynj1ehs71.jpg

FINALLY

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom