Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

AndyS

Augur
Anything you guys hoping to get translated? Something that no one has picked up?
The two games I've always been curious about that have never had a completed English translation are Illusion City and Far East of Eden.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Anything you guys hoping to get translated? Something that no one has picked up?
I mean, I'm learning Japanese because there's a lot. I do think that someone should get to the JB Harold games, especially the one that had the translation on the LaserActive and nowhere else. Since that one went to the trouble of having Americans do an American detective story, but all the playable versions have a Japanese interface. Basically just all those computer detective games that haven't gotten translations.
There's also one, that I forgot the title of, a spy adventure game that was kind of a predecessor to Metal Gear.

Repressed Homosexual

Are you kidding? There are thousands of gems that are left untranslated.

Above all, a lot of Japanese-only PS1 and PS2 releases, and the PC-88/98 catalog that we were never exposed to.

There are a lot of unique adventure games on PC-98, like Misty Blue, a rockstar-themed murder mystery with music from Yuzo Koshiro, or early Alicesoft releases like Only You. And they all have kickass music.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck

Above all, a lot of Japanese-only PS1 and PS2 releases, and the PC-88/98 catalog that we were never exposed to.

There are a lot of unique adventure games on PC-98, like Misty Blue, a rockstar-themed murder mystery with music from Yuzo Koshiro, or early Alicesoft releases like Only You. And they all have kickass music.

Love me ome Yuzo Koshiro, i have played games entirely because he was in charge of the soundtrack, also he's a really cool guy.

Repressed Homosexual

Love me ome Yuzo Koshiro, i have played games entirely because he was in charge of the soundtrack, also he's a really cool guy.

He started out his career making music for PC-88 games. There's a really huge catalog of games of his that you never heard about because they were for PC 88 or 98 and never left Japan.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck

He started out his career making music for PC-88 games. There's a really huge catalog of games of his that you never heard about because they were for PC 88 or 98 and never left Japan.

It's not really a problem for me, i know enough runes to play video games at least. I'm bussy with games at least until the end of the year but i will check out some of his old stuff next year.

Repressed Homosexual

It's not really a problem for me, i know enough runes to play video games at least. I'm bussy with games at least until the end of the year but i will check out some of his old stuff next year.

If you get to play Misty Blue, please posts impressions. I've been dying to play that one for a while.

Currently playing a fapanese translation of Wizard's Climber, translated some time ago.

A Princess Maker style game, where the MC needs to train a (totally 18) girl into becoming a wizard.
Plot is the typical: Girl's dad is murdered, to do justice and get her inheritance needs to become a top wizard. Alas, she can't use magic because she has no mana. Luckily MC comes equipped with a mana-injector.
Lots of skills and spell to train into, however, it seems that getting the best-ending is very NG+ reliant.

Nutmeg

Arcane
Vatnik Wumao
From another forum I frequent

Vanguard said:
A new doujin game called Hat World just got translated on /vrpg/. It feels very SaGa-ish. You choose from six different main characters and gain stats and techniques semi-randomly mid-combat and have a lot of control over where you go and what order you do things in. I'm really digging it. The combat and character building systems are a cut above JRPG norm, the art and animations are very good, the story is both interesting and genuinely funny, and the Valkyrie Profile-like sidescrolling exploration is a nice change of pace too.

<link removed>

Unzip it with UTF-8 encoding and/or Japanese locale enabled so your filenames don't get messed up.
To do that on Windows 10, go:
control panel -> region -> administrative -> change system locale
Both options are in there. I don't think there's any downside to leaving the UTF-8 encoding box checked permanently.

oQwnpxC.png

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I dunno man, I miss seeing "shovelware" (which simple series kinda was) to still have more soul than today AAA games.

A lot of these PS1 and PS2 era games are now gone. I need to get around to JP doujin game scene but I don't really know where to start.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
From another forum I frequent

Vanguard said:
A new doujin game called Hat World just got translated on /vrpg/. It feels very SaGa-ish. You choose from six different main characters and gain stats and techniques semi-randomly mid-combat and have a lot of control over where you go and what order you do things in. I'm really digging it. The combat and character building systems are a cut above JRPG norm, the art and animations are very good, the story is both interesting and genuinely funny, and the Valkyrie Profile-like sidescrolling exploration is a nice change of pace too.

https://mega.nz/folder/09FRHYSR#VKxBWy9oTNffPNJlnvsEBA

Unzip it with UTF-8 encoding and/or Japanese locale enabled so your filenames don't get messed up.
To do that on Windows 10, go:
control panel -> region -> administrative -> change system locale
Both options are in there. I don't think there's any downside to leaving the UTF-8 encoding box checked permanently.

xqrHfGj.png

Link is dead Licorice. Can you ask them to reupload or can you reupload?

Repressed Homosexual
I dunno man, I miss seeing "shovelware" (which simple series kinda was) to still have more soul than today AAA games.

A lot of these PS1 and PS2 era games are now gone. I need to get around to JP doujin game scene but I don't really know where to start.

No game that have multi million dollar budgets and a 100+ men development team is not going to be soulless.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom